So we all know life is tough. And we all know that without good credit, phones can get expensive. I was recently on a family plan and the person who paid the bills... well.. didnt. I Had a Bold 9700 with t-mobile.

So anyways, I went through the process fo trying to get a decent blackberry with Sprint or T-mobile and my credit was so bad that they pretty much said id have to pay full price for the phone. (Now i loved my bold, but I wouldnt even pay more than 2-300 for a blackberry when ive been used to getting em for like 150-200 bucks for a top notch one.

My BB history is as follows.
    -BB World Edition with Sprint
    -BB Curve 8330 with sprint
    -BB Curve 8520 Tmobile
    -BB Bold 9700 Tmobile.

But Yesterday I had to get a new line of service, and fast. So I went with Boost Mobile. They were offering something, that even though was old technology, was a great deal. Blackberry Curve 8330 brand new for 150 and 60 bucks a month unlimited everything... no taxes or fees... I walked out of there and with spending less than 250 had a new BB with a month of unlimited service.

Now obviously the downside was that I was going from an amazing Bold to and old Curve. Its funny though, I remember a little more than 2 years ago that these Curves were the coolest phones on the market. I used to get so excited when reading the rumors of its release. Now I have one again... its old technology, with an old OS, and a trackball...

But I still love it. And really appreciate a company like Boost being able to do something like this.
    09-03-10 09:25 AM
    Now you have two blackberries lol

Best bet is to get the 9700 unlocked case the curve ceases to operate (even if the battery is fully charged and the charger is plugged in despite battery pull).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 09:44 AM
    If you unlock the 9700 and sell it you might be able to make some of your money back. I am sure there will be takers out there.
    09-03-10 09:49 AM
    I already sold the bold
    09-03-10 10:04 AM
    You have valid points but it doesn't work out for everyone. Here is something you could have and still stayed with your provider and the phone you desired.

- Never buy a full retail price phone (which you did). You can get the same phone from craigslist or ebay for 1/2 price for brand new ones. In my area craiglist has brand new bold 9700 for 250-275 price range for tmobile and at&t.

- You cant beat 60 unlimited data plan, however if you are on a family plan it can benefit you a lot. For example, I have four smart phones on my tmobile plan and I pay only 160 a month ( it comes out to 40/month). Btw, I have the unlimited data and text plan with 1500 mins (I know, its not unlimited). Just get a group of friends you can trust and create a family plan.

Your method is good for individual plan though
    09-03-10 10:14 AM
    Just get a group of friends you can trust and create a family plan.
    Not with bad credit!

BTW, Thanks WRLDEDITION for another reminder on why we should keep our credit clean, and good luck with the Curve. They are nice, even if they are'nt the latest.
    09-03-10 12:48 PM
    Not with bad credit!
    I keep hearing that. I had the worst credit you can possibly have when I started a family plan. No deposits or anything were required. This was only a few years ago.
    09-03-10 12:50 PM
    I keep hearing that. I had the worst credit you can possibly have when I started a family plan. No deposits or anything were required. This was only a few years ago.
    I second that. my sister talked me into getting tmobile back in early dec 09. I was skeptical bc i didn't know if my credit would pass but it did. we ended up canceling tmo bc the family plan was ridiculous. I ended up with sprint again and they approved me for 3 lines...phones free...my credit isn't that bad and isn't that good tho..but leans towards the bad
    09-04-10 02:33 AM
    I think you should take care of that bad credit first before buying a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 03:00 AM
    I second that. my sister talked me into getting tmobile back in early dec 09. I was skeptical bc i didn't know if my credit would pass but it did. we ended up canceling tmo bc the family plan was ridiculous. I ended up with sprint again and they approved me for 3 lines...phones free...my credit isn't that bad and isn't that good tho..but leans towards the bad
    T-Mobile Doesnt care about credit. They will give you a line but if you only get approved for a month-to-month flex pay plan, then you have to pay a higher price for the phone. Close to retail...
    09-08-10 10:57 AM
    Anyways, ive had the phone for some days now and I can tell you im experiencing some usability issues. The phone is considerably worse at multitasking compared to my Bold 9700 and curve 8520.

I have installed BeJoose on the phone and it has made a significant difference. Any other apps you guys know of to speed things up bit? I also have the extra stuff in there I dont use, is there an app you can reccomend to delete unwanted themes/ringtones/etc?
    09-08-10 11:00 AM
    Anyways, ive had the phone for some days now and I can tell you im experiencing some usability issues. The phone is considerably worse at multitasking compared to my Bold 9700 and curve 8520.

I have installed BeJoose on the phone and it has made a significant difference. Any other apps you guys know of to speed things up bit? I also have the extra stuff in there I dont use, is there an app you can reccomend to delete unwanted themes/ringtones/etc?
    I would not suggest apps to speed things up. If anything, more apps will slow things down even more by using file free memory. I would suggest the steps in this thread.

I would also suggest using a hybrid OS. Since you just got your Curve from Boost, you probably are running 5.0.0.438. That is a really bloated OS, since your device only has 96 MB, without even having an OS installed. Running a hybrid or shrinking the OS should help.
    09-08-10 11:18 AM
    I would not suggest apps to speed things up. If anything, more apps will slow things down even more by using file free memory. I would suggest the steps in this thread.

I would also suggest using a hybrid OS. Since you just got your Curve from Boost, you probably are running 5.0.0.438. That is a really bloated OS, since your device only has 96 MB, without even having an OS installed. Running a hybrid or shrinking the OS should help.
    Wow... thanks! Ill look into this hybrid OS thing when I get home
    09-08-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD