Hello all.

I have 4 phones on my plan, 2 9700's (exact same OS build), an 8900 and a HD2.

Where one of my homes is located (Laramie Wyoming) does not have native T mobile service and we roam on Union Wireless and Cellular One.

Both are Edge networks, Union is installing 3g as we speak in Wyoming on TMo's bands however.
    My question is that my phones automatically select different networks. The HD2 and one 9700 always stay on union unless it drops out, the other 9700 and 8900 stays on Cellular one unless it drops out.

I can manually set all of them to the same network but as soon as i select Auto, it will switch to the network that device prefers within a few seconds.
    I'd like all the phones to use Union by default, because the data is a bit faster and it works better around town
    I don't like setting it to manual because it must be set to auto to use UMA, which i use at home.

I've completely wiped the devices, with JLCMDR and still, the same devices always prefer the same network.

What causes this? What can i do?
    All four numbers have different area code prefixes, could this be an issue?

Thanks for any input. I'd like to find a way to change it.
    05-22-11 06:16 PM
    Any BB wizards out there with some insight?
    05-25-11 01:41 PM
    Do all the phones have the latest PRL (prefered roaming list)?

When in your home area dial *228 and follow the prompts to download the latest PRL.

Might make a difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 05:40 PM
    Do all the phones have the latest PRL (prefered roaming list)?

When in your home area dial *228 and follow the prompts to download the latest PRL.

Might make a difference.

I think the PRL is only on cdma devices... On a GSM device, you could try reregistering the host routing table...

05-25-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD