Does this mean the end of crackberry?
    02-07-19 10:50 AM
    I noticed the same. It feels "dead" generally speaking...nothing new to talk about. No new devices coming out any time soon, no software updates to speak of other than the monthly OS update...just slow.

I think they are all at MonaCon or something.
    02-07-19 10:57 AM
    Has there been any news that isn't just "here's a VPN or some other app"? Software updates are quiet for now (maybe Lunar New Year is putting things on hold) and device news is quiet at least until MWC in three weeks.
    02-07-19 11:34 AM
    There must be something strange happening in the background...
    02-07-19 01:24 PM
    Purchase a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and receive a free Philips Ever Play speaker! https://www.crackberry.com/purchase-...r-play-speaker
    02-07-19 02:50 PM
    Purchase a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and receive a free Philips Ever Play speaker! https://www.crackberry.com/purchase-...r-play-speaker
    I'm still waiting for the "buy one device and get the next one free".
    bakron1, elfabio80 and igor10000 like this.
    02-07-19 03:05 PM
    It’s slow on the other device sites too. It’s just a quiet time at the moment and as others have stated, nothing new and exciting lately.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-07-19 03:32 PM
    I heard BlackBerry was thinking about maybe considering asking BBMo if they might possible look into building a Passport II and use a version of BB10 with an Android 8 Runtime on it. Their new software department could whip that up in no time.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-07-19 03:51 PM
    It’s slow on the other device sites too. It’s just a quiet time at the moment and as others have stated, nothing new and exciting lately.
    What other sites?
    02-07-19 04:05 PM
    The only headline we need is that of a replacement for Chen. No news Chen can't build momentum or follow thru with anything. Mr transparent has run this company as if it were private, Times up Chen, you made enough off the turn it down.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-19 04:20 PM
    The only headline we need is that of a replacement for Chen. No news Chen can't build momentum or follow thru with anything. Mr transparent has run this company as if it were private, Times up Chen, you made enough off the turn it down.

Posted via CB10
    You mean the award-winning CEO that just got a massive contract extension? The one who Rob Enderle himself said did the impossible and is deserving of the contract renewal? That one?
    Hazo and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    02-07-19 04:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wew, chen saving blackberry from collapse

Sent from My amazing Z30
    02-07-19 05:07 PM
    What other sites?
    I’m assuming the other Mobile Nations sites...
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-07-19 05:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo is that you? 😀
    02-07-19 05:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    What are you even talking about?
    02-07-19 05:35 PM
    How wrong you are with that Bakron.
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-07-19 07:17 PM
    Wake up man, are you sleeping? This site and Blackberry are in the same state, and have been for the past 5 years. So where is the "turn around"?

Chen saved Prem not Blackberry. Don't believe the mystical powers of Chen and the BS he spews from his smirking mouth. He smiles like a cheshire cat, and there's a reason, criminal psychologists call it dupers delight, the evidence is overwhelming. Chens a smart man but he's deceiving ly smart, he's a shill for one guy.

Chens been driving this car for 5 years and continues to sell it as "New", while Prem pockets the gas money. The strategy Chen executed has succeeded but not the way most can comprehend. Prem hired him to save his 500 million dollar share purchase, which he has done. Prem has earned 300 million in interest payments from blackberry in the past 5 years alone, Remember this is interest paid for money that was never used. Along with that payday Prem continues to hold his original investment with a added bonus,' of coarse". Should Blackberrys share price exceed 10 dollars, Prem can buy them for 10 at anytime till 2021. Along with numerous other insider benefits, like a paycheck for being a board member, etc etc.

"Good job Chen here's another 5 years, but keep it coming". "Remember when people ask tell them it's a turn around"

The company as it stands including common shareholders, loyal fans, and the brand itself have been left on life support while the real business is taking place under the "back soon","turn around around in progress" moniker. I won't even get into the loyal chen fan base who spreads everything they read and hear about Chen the magician, without really looking at it with objectivity and some realism.

Like Brexit, Chexit..Chen should exit now or at least before they all end up in jail.

"Oh but Chen saved Blackberry" ...lmao

Posted via CB10
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-07-19 07:37 PM
    Wake up man, are you sleeping? This site and Blackberry are in the same state, and have been for the past 5 years. So where is the "turn around"?

Chen saved Prem not Blackberry. Don't believe the mystical powers of Chen and the BS he spews from his smirking mouth. He smiles like a cheshire cat, and there's a reason, criminal psychologists call it dupers delight, the evidence is overwhelming. Chens a smart man but he's deceiving ly smart, he's a shill for one guy.

Chens been driving this car for 5 years and continues to sell it as "New", while Prem pockets the gas money. The strategy Chen executed has succeeded but not the way most can comprehend. Prem hired him to save his 500 million dollar share purchase, which he has done. Prem has earned 300 million in interest payments from blackberry in the past 5 years alone, Remember this is interest paid for money that was never used. Along with that payday Prem continues to hold his original investment with a added bonus,' of coarse". Should Blackberrys share price exceed 10 dollars, Prem can buy them for 10 at anytime till 2021. Along with numerous other insider benefits, like a paycheck for being a board member, etc etc.

"Good job Chen here's another 5 years, but keep it coming". "Remember when people ask tell them it's a turn around"

The company as it stands including common shareholders, loyal fans, and the brand itself have been left on life support while the real business is taking place under the "back soon","turn around around in progress" moniker. I won't even get into the loyal chen fan base who spreads everything they read and hear about Chen the magician, without really looking at it with objectivity and some realism.

Like Brexit, Chexit..Chen should exit now or at least before they all end up in jail.

"Oh but Chen saved Blackberry" ...lmao

Posted via CB10
    You should fire him.... but wait the shareholders other than Prem also support Chen and keep supporting him. The current employees of BB support Chen and thank him for having their jobs still...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-07-19 07:54 PM
    Who are these shareholders, not common shareholders, you mean stake holders (as chen calls them) fat cats like primcap, blackrock, and others who are all essentially insiders and have been since things went south on them 7 years ago. It's money and they ain't going to let it slide away from them. I never said prem was alone, he's to stupid to have orchestrated this on his own. This has been well thought "strategic" plan, the least amount of risks (to them) with the greatest return. It's straight forward and simple. They don't care about the commoners, their dirt under their feet, along with fans and little green elves.

As far as employees go, I can't say but I'm sure the thousands laid off over the years have nothing to cheer about.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-19 08:23 PM
    There's so many facets to this.

Blackberrys real estate, this is one of the cabals first moves with Chen at the wheel. Valued at 1.3 billion by there own fillings in Jan 13, Chen sells it for 800 million months later in a booming market and then leases a portion of it back,"hello". That's a 500 million dollar discount, in a booming market? Is Chen a shark or a snake? They gave it up at a discount to who? All while carrying 1.2 billion dollar of Prems debt. Does that make sense. Who sells assets to raise liabilities? It's basic math. that would drag you down deeper.

Not convinced yet, shall I continue.
    Oh but it's a "turn a down", I forgot.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-19 08:59 PM
    Who are these shareholders, not common shareholders, you mean stake holders (as chen calls them) fat cats like primcap, blackrock, and others who are all essentially insiders and have been since things went south on them 7 years ago. It's money and they ain't going to let it slide away from them. I never said prem was alone, he's to stupid to have orchestrated this on his own. This has been well thought "strategic" plan, the least amount of risks (to them) with the greatest return. It's straight forward and simple. They don't care about the commoners, their dirt under their feet, along with fans and little green elves.

As far as employees go, I can't say but I'm sure the thousands laid off over the years have nothing to cheer about.

Posted via CB10
    Common stock is owned by all class of people. The institutional shareholders represent retirement plans and pooled assets of everyday people. Long before Chen arrived, the company was destined for bankruptcy and everyone unemployed..... smaller healthy company, with some employees keeping jobs is better than no company and no jobs. Shareholders are happy because shares were destined for official worthless value and company assets going to creditors....
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-07-19 09:42 PM
    How wrong you are with that Bakron.
    They must have forgotten to refresh the web pages or their device is dang froze up
    02-07-19 10:13 PM
    There must be something strange happening in the background...
    More like "predictable" than strange.
    02-07-19 10:39 PM
    Anyone could have done what Chen has done. No growth, no innovation and cut,cut,cut. If you consider an axe man a successful strategy then Chens the best. So what has he done that sets him apart. He Sued a few companies for pat infringement, and failed at that too.

Legacy rev was in the billions 5 yrs ago, no debt and lots of assets, so bankruptcy was unlikely, makes for great headline though.

As far as shareholders being content I would have to disagree, share price is lower then when he entered. The brand value is gone and hard assets have been sold off, so I'm sure liquidation or sale 5 years ago would have returned as much as Chen has today.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-19 10:42 PM
    Anyone could have done what Chen has done. No growth, no innovation and cut,cut,cut. If you consider an axe man a successful strategy then Chens the best. So what has he done that sets him apart. He Sued a few companies for pat infringement, and failed at that too.

Legacy rev was in the billions 5 yrs ago, no debt and lots of assets, so bankruptcy was unlikely, makes for great headline though.

As far as shareholders being content I would have to disagree, share price is lower then when he entered. The brand value is gone and hard assets have been sold off, so I'm sure liquidation or sale 5 years ago would have returned as much as Chen has today.

Posted via CB10
    https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/video/wh...-group~1348735
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-07-19 11:56 PM
30 12