I am an 8830 user and updated my O/S, at the insistence of Verizon to 4.5, and the Desktop Mngr to 4.7. Low and behold, when I tried to sync the calendar to M/S Outlook(I am using Outlook 2000), I find the 4.7 Desktop Manager won't sync with Outlook 2000. Is anybody aware of any way to get this to work. When I talked with Verizon, essentially they said update to an updated Outlook program. I tried to explain to them I didn't update my BB to spend $250.00 on new software, when the old software versions worked fine....of course they put the blame on RIM.
    05-07-09 08:50 PM
    You are using an obsolete version of Outlook. That's neither RIM's nor Verizon's problem. You can roll back to an earlier version of Desktop Manager using the link below. Of course, that my bring back whatever problem you were trying to fix by upgrading.

BlackBerry - PDA Software Downloads - Support & Services at BlackBerry.com
    05-08-09 09:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I found a way to sync Outlook 2000 with Yahoo Calender. So, while it's a bit cumbersome, it works. Now I have a new problem. Memory is leaking dramatically. When I reset by removing the batt the memory almost immediately starts to decrease. (from >8megs to 0 in about 16 hrs, without even opening any applications). Any ideas? I spoke with Verizon they are claiming the phone is defective and want $50 to replace it.
    Last edited by jbodenrader; 05-11-09 at 11:02 PM. Reason: additional comments
    05-11-09 10:59 PM
    I had the same issue using Outlook 2000. I downloaded Desktop Manager 4.2 instead of the newer versions and it worked fine. Didnt really notice much of a difference with the newer versions anyway.
    05-12-09 12:00 AM
    im using outlook 2007, and the newest desktop mgr 4.7. having the same problem
    05-28-09 10:06 PM
    You can't be having the same problem. The previous posts were regarding a problem with Outlook 2000 and you are using Outlook 2007. Are you having a synch problem or a memory problem? Describe the symptoms in more detail and we may be able to help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD