So I just did a battery pull on my 9650 and now after reboot I'm down from 3g to 1X..any reasons why this could be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 03:11 AM
    It means that you're not getting a 3G connection.

On a device that runs on a CDMA network (Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular), your data network is called EVDO. When you have a good 3G connection, your device is running on 1XEV (which shows as 3G on newer CDMA devices, 8530, 9650, 9330). When you don't have the 3G data connection your device will show 1X, which means that you still have a data connection, albiet a slower one. If the "X" is lower case, that means you do not have a data connection.

Go into your "Manage Connections" application and turn off the data network for about a minute, then turn it back on. Usually when I have an issue like this, it will usually resolve it.
    01-14-11 07:36 AM
    If you are on Verizon it's a good idea to update your PRL (Preferred Roaming List) periodically. Dial *228 and select option 2. Having the lates PRL will help keep a 3G signal.
    01-14-11 07:51 AM
    It means that you're not getting a 3G connection.

On a device that runs on a CDMA network (Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular), your data network is called EVDO. When you have a good 3G connection, your device is running on 1XEV (which shows as 3G on newer CDMA devices, 8530, 9650, 9330). When you don't have the 3G data connection your device will show 1X, which means that you still have a data connection, albiet a slower one. If the "X" is lower case, that means you do not have a data connection.

Go into your "Manage Connections" application and turn off the data network for about a minute, then turn it back on. Usually when I have an issue like this, it will usually resolve it.
    Found this little chart to add to your write up

1x: Connected to the cellular network on 1xRTT but not RIM's servers
    1X: Connected to the cellular network on 1xRTT as well as connected to RIM's servers
    1xEV: Connected to the cellular network on EVDO but not RIM's servers
    1XEV: Connected to the cellular network on EVDO as well as connected to RIM's servers
    01-14-11 07:56 AM
    thank you for the responses!what was confusing me was that the last two months ive had my phone ive had full 3g bars in my house,which is where this 1X business occured..seems though that it fixed itself after about an hour
    01-14-11 12:12 PM
    thank you for the responses!what was confusing me was that the last two months ive had my phone ive had full 3g bars in my house,which is where this 1X business occured..seems though that it fixed itself after about an hour
    It could also be that you were using a tower closer to your home and something happened and you got booted off that tower and were using another one that was farther away. Some days, I can't get anything other than 1x, even if I do multiple batt pulls and reset the network. Other days, I've got 3 bars of 3G at my house which is good considering I rarely if ever get 3G coverage.

Back when I had ATT and roaming was 75 cents a minute, I roamed off of a tower in Puerto Rico. I don't even have a passport, let alone been to PR. I had to call ATTWS to get them to take the roaming charges off my bill because my old Nokia 6510 or whatever it was picked up on the closest available tower being in PR.
    01-14-11 12:44 PM
    lol no way..thats pretty ridiculous.how much of the U.S. would you say is covered by 3G network nowadays?
    01-14-11 12:55 PM
    lol no way..thats pretty ridiculous.how much of the U.S. would you say is covered by 3G network nowadays?
    wasn't there a map for this??
    01-14-11 01:20 PM
    the maps that exist arent as accurate as i feel they should be.ive tested the map around my area and been dissapointed with the results.i was asking for a percentage.an estimate.that is all.
    01-14-11 01:23 PM
    On the Verizon network virtually anywhere you have a signal will probably have 3G coverage. CDMA networks handle 3G data differently than GSM networks (ATT, T-Mobile) and that's why they have a much larger 3G coverage area. Verizon's 3G network is HUGE.
    01-14-11 01:28 PM
    wasn't there a map for this??
    You mean there isn't an app for this? Sorry. I couldn't resist.

As long as I'm not at home, I get full 3G coverage but when I get to my house, I drop 3G probably a mile or so before I get home. The joys of country living.
    01-14-11 01:34 PM
    the maps that exist arent as accurate as i feel they should be.ive tested the map around my area and been dissapointed with the results.i was asking for a percentage.an estimate.that is all.
    I guess I should have included a in that post.
    01-14-11 01:42 PM
    i just wish the signal didnt drop out of 3G in the mountains
    01-14-11 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD