Just wondering what everyone is thinking about Verizons great idea of charging $ 30 to upgrade your phone. I can't believe this, don't we pay enough for our service?
    04-11-12 06:23 PM
    Im with Bell in Canada and i pay a $35 hardware transfer fee. Though if you call them and be real nice sometimes they will credit your account this fee. Also they will match competitors pricing on a hardware upgrade...

Bb bold 9900 was $50 w rogers
    Bb bold 9900 was $100 w bell

Called them and they credited my account $50
    04-11-12 06:45 PM
    When are you allowed to upgrade though?

I know that when I originally signed with Bell you could get a new phone after half of your contract was up... so after 1.5 years you could sign a NEW 3 year contract and get a NEW phone. Since then they have changed this and when i went to get my iPhone 4 on launch they told me i would have to pay full price, even though my contract was up for 2 months!
    04-11-12 06:48 PM
    You can blame AT&T for that as they are the ones to start it.
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-11-12 06:55 PM
    It sucks, but apparently par for the course. The market likes it. Key points from Reuters:

* Verizon fee follows similar fees at AT&T, Sprint

* AT&T, Sprint equivalent fees are $36

* Verizon shares rise 1.5 pct
    04-11-12 06:55 PM
    Haven't paid an 'upgrade fee' since we got our first ATT phone almost 15 years ago. When I get home from the store,(after the rep tells me the fee is mandatory and I just say 'yeah, whatever') I call the customer support number and tell them if they want me back as a customer next time, to remove the fee. The fee is usually credited before the next bill comes or I call again and it gets taken care of.
    04-12-12 09:06 AM
    Verizon customers need to suck it up. You should just be thankful you've gone this long without the fee, while every other company has charged it.
    04-12-12 09:12 AM
    In actuality, Sprint has always had the fee. They just used it in selective cases instead of it been universal. Been with Sprint for 15 years so this is nothing new for me.
    04-12-12 09:14 AM
    Verizon customers need to suck it up. You should just be thankful you've gone this long without the fee, while every other company has charged it.

lmao...girl u crack me up...again
    04-12-12 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD