Well the guy I responded to in the first place didn't know that and called it a myth that the iphone can't.

In certain cases using the browser is faster, for example I can have 20 tabs open with facebook contacts, messages conversations, walls etc, the app only allows you to do one at the time. I can also have bookmarks that take me straight to certain parts of facebook, like Blackberry UK Facebook page, with the app you have to go trough contacts adding quite a few steps.

Also you don't have to go back and forth, you just open a new tab then close it, it's much faster then to retrace your steps in the app.

Just an example.
    Gotcha. Good example.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    01-16-12 07:17 AM
    My biggest reason for never getting an iPhone is their lack of multitasking. With my BlackBerry, I hold down the BB key and up pops all the applications I'm running at once, without any hesitation from my device. If I'm on the internet and want to respond to a text, then copy the website link, I'm able to quickly do it, without ever having to close anything down. Also, if I so choose, there aren't applications running in the background, therefore draining my battery. Because the iPhone never truly "closes" apps, they're constantly pulling battery life.

Obviously my keyboard is another top reason! I love that I can type an entire text without having to look at my phone once. I don't have to worry about auto-correct and looking to see what it has done to my message. (Although it is way funny to read what it does to other people! )

Overall, my BlackBerry is the perfect device for me. I could never leave it!
    01-16-12 04:33 PM
    My biggest reason for never getting an iPhone is their lack of multitasking. With my BlackBerry, I hold down the BB key and up pops all the applications I'm running at once, without any hesitation from my device. If I'm on the internet and want to respond to a text, then copy the website link, I'm able to quickly do it, without ever having to close anything down. Also, if I so choose, there aren't applications running in the background, therefore draining my battery. Because the iPhone never truly "closes" apps, they're constantly pulling battery life.

Obviously my keyboard is another top reason! I love that I can type an entire text without having to look at my phone once. I don't have to worry about auto-correct and looking to see what it has done to my message. (Although it is way funny to read what it does to other people! )

Overall, my BlackBerry is the perfect device for me. I could never leave it!
    Have you used an iPhone in the past 2 years? It's had multitasking since iOS4 and it is possible to completely close an app.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-16-12 06:37 PM
    Well the guy I responded to in the first place didn't know that and called it a myth that the iphone can't.
    You know how it is. Most like the iphone and just don't know why. They don't really know what it can and can't do. That's the whole point behind the iphone ui you don't have to know how to do anything other than click an icon.

p

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-12 06:41 PM
154 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD