I'm not debating that.

BlackBerry is a smartphone.

Apple makes more than smartphones. There is a big difference. Bashing Apple in general is bashing all its users. Some of which only use BB and just have a Mac. Bash the iPhone. Not Apple USERS.

You see more BB bashing on this site than people bashing BB users.

Just because you are a fan of something does not mean you need to make fun of a user base. I am a Dallas Cowboy fan. I hate the NY Giants. Do I need to go around making fun of Giants fans? No. I will make fun of their TEAM, not the FAN.
    ^This

Bash the phone, not the user.
    01-03-12 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the enlightment. I have used the HUP to get blackberrys and I've bought them straight out. I much rather upgrade and so does my wallet.
    You have to agree that the iphoners came around to trash the OP for feeling like there was an actual reason for him not wanting an iphone.
    I'm one that doesn't want an iphone. I don't like their UI. But my wife has 1. She has had 2g-ip4s. My daughter has an ipad2. I have to do all the maintance on these devices. I'm not thrilled about it but I survive. See even though I didn't know what the led was for I knew it was there none the less.
    I hate the company Apple. Its just me. I don't campaine against them.
    I like to CB and read/talk about blackberrys. I like them better than the others. Its so aggravating that we can't talk about nanything with out the egos of the x platforms.
    The x brands fans and a small group of rim owners see rims coming destruction. The most of us don't dwell on it. Many people has already upgraded to os7. Not really worring about the release of bb10. Which I hear the x brand fans talk more about it than Rims. I'm looking for os8 and os9 to come before os10. I dunno what kind of kernel it will have.
    See we enjoy then devices in our hand and appreciate them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're funny Ignorance is bliss.
    01-03-12 10:12 AM
    I am a Dallas Cowboy fan. I hate the NY Giants. Do I need to go around making fun of Giants fans?
    Well, heck yes you do! In fact, it's your responsibility to show others the error of their ways and to correct them of their bad tastes. Obviously if they're Giants fans, then they this is just the tip of the iceberg and there are obviously other things that they need imemdiate behavior management correction.

This is your duty as an American citizen to right the wrongs

And being a Giants fan is absolutely wrong.

I won't even get started on those Cleveland fans.

Take up arms, pitchforks, and torches! You must fight the monstrosity that is known as Giants fans!

p.s. I'm a fan of the other New York team (Jets)
    01-03-12 11:17 AM
    You're funny Ignorance is bliss.
    How is that ignorance?

01-03-12 12:33 PM
    Well, heck yes you do! In fact, it's your responsibility to show others the error of their ways and to correct them of their bad tastes. Obviously if they're Giants fans, then they this is just the tip of the iceberg and there are obviously other things that they need imemdiate behavior management correction.

This is your duty as an American citizen to right the wrongs

And being a Giants fan is absolutely wrong.

I won't even get started on those Cleveland fans.

Take up arms, pitchforks, and torches! You must fight the monstrosity that is known as Giants fans!

p.s. I'm a fan of the other New York team (Jets)
    I like the Jets as well.

Point is I'd rather bash the team if I had to. Being a New Yorker, I have a ton of friends that are Giants fans. We mess around with each other all the time. But I wont sit there and disrespect them just because of their team. I have no problem bashing the team though.
    01-03-12 12:36 PM
    I did switch to the iPhone and while most things I'm very happy with I do miss having the LED, I do miss a decent keyboard but I do not miss BBM! The 1 person I knew with a berry went to the iPhone also so BBM may as well not exist for me.

What I really miss are the reliability of notifications, the combined inbox for all notifications (twitter, fb, mail etc) and the way the apps work together from the menu system. RIM do have a way to go but the basics they have nailed.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-03-12 01:20 PM
    One more Reason I love my Blackberry, it changed my way of using my phone and almost nobody mentions it.
    But 'universal search' is a killer app for me. It is so easy, and I use it so frequent.
    Yes Iphone has it to, but it's just not the same.
    With Blackberry you unlock and start to type, simple as that!
    Guatiao and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    01-03-12 03:34 PM
    That is the thing that is so hard to convey, I can call you (if you are in my address book) in 3 clicks with one thumb barley looking at the phone.

If you are in my top twenty I can call you with one long click on one button without looking.

The others are cooler, and slicker and better for media, but even an Iuser can't get to google and get a phone number and click to dial as fast as I can on my 9650.

We raced. multiple times.

One handed efficiency is the BB MOJO.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    01-03-12 03:57 PM
    One more Reason I love my Blackberry, it changed my way of using my phone and almost nobody mentions it.
    But 'universal search' is a killer app for me. It is so easy, and I use it so frequent.
    Yes Iphone has it to, but it's just not the same.
    With Blackberry you unlock and start to type, simple as that!
    I like the search as well. I use it a lot.

01-03-12 04:03 PM
    I did switch to the iPhone and while most things I'm very happy with I do miss having the LED, I do miss a decent keyboard but I do not miss BBM! The 1 person I knew with a berry went to the iPhone also so BBM may as well not exist for me.

What I really miss are the reliability of notifications, the combined inbox for all notifications (twitter, fb, mail etc) and the way the apps work together from the menu system. RIM do have a way to go but the basics they have nailed.

I miss the LED at times, but I think notifications are better on Android and iOS 5 than the BB for me. I miss the combined inbox as well, although I kept my text messages separated on the BB. I like the fact you can separate of combine them. I miss the BB Exchange support for appointments, etc. It rocks.

I don't miss BBM or battery pulls one bit. I also dislike hardware keyboards, and would have a 9860 if I had a BB. The 9930 almost bridges the best of both worlds if the screen were slightly taller.

This thread just highlights why each person has their preferences. I miss things from each platform.
    01-03-12 04:13 PM
    Ive been BlackBerry for the 4 years but for the last 2 of them have carried a BB & an iPhone & just when i thought i couldnt make the switch i finally snapped at BlackBerrys lack of progression & switched to the iPhone 4 & ive never looked back.

iOS5 has brought with it alot of basic improvements the iPhone was missing & to be fair i dont think that BlackBerry will have a phone out that will top the iPhone 4 within the next " years (also notice how i dont even feel the need to mention the iPhone 4s)

No more scrolling through an Email to be met with 'message truncated due to size' or the painful length of time it takes to open alot of attachments in an email or a powerpoint with alot of slides.

Web browsing, games, apps, video,tv, satnav, etc etc etc the list goes on & on. I got to the point where the only thing keeping me on my blackberry was the notifications & profile settings & the fact you could rename a photo taken which then made it easier to find with universal search.

I can honestly say that the iPhone is fantastic is most ways & to be fair the quality of the apps you can get means there not alot you cant get this phone to do within reason.

It shows when the iPhone 4 had been out a year & a half & was still arguably the best phone on the market. The problem with the BlackBerry community is they get very protective over theirs BBs (i know because ive tried to fight the cause for the last 2 years against the iPhone army) & they get very stubborn & will not accept that RIM is just not keeping up.

I saw the light & im now reaping the benefits but i'll still always hold a special place in my heart for BlackBerry & watch with interest when a new device comes out, but im really not holding my breath for anything special & im more than happy with my iPhone 4 (i do incidentially have an iPhone 4s but until a jailbreak comes out i'll use my 4 because its still a great phone & i do love the jailbreak).
    xanadome likes this.
    01-03-12 05:09 PM
    I like the Jets as well.

Point is I'd rather bash the team if I had to. Being a New Yorker, I have a ton of friends that are Giants fans. We mess around with each other all the time. But I wont sit there and disrespect them just because of their team. I have no problem bashing the team though.
    Can we at least bash baseball fans then?! I'll even let you get first swing. Go ahead...take a crack at it.
    hahahahahahaha...phew! Humor abounds me today.
    01-03-12 05:19 PM
    For those of you that are still clicking to get to phone numbers in your phone book or launch applications in your phone. Stop it! Go get Vlingo...1 click and done for everything. Or set it to car mode and it'll start up on voice command. Then you don't even have to click anything.

And since we have the ability to swipe action for phones now, pretty soon it'll be hands free phones completely.

And then....that's right...hologram awesomeness! Mark my words. I saw it done in this Star Wars movie (maybe a couple of you have heard of it) where they were able to call their peeps up and they'd pop up like in this hologram. It was really sweet.
    01-03-12 05:21 PM
    For those of you that are still clicking to get to phone numbers in your phone book or launch applications in your phone. Stop it! Go get Vlingo...1 click and done for everything. Or set it to car mode and it'll start up on voice command. Then you don't even have to click anything.

And since we have the ability to swipe action for phones now, pretty soon it'll be hands free phones completely.

And then....that's right...hologram awesomeness! Mark my words. I saw it done in this Star Wars movie (maybe a couple of you have heard of it) where they were able to call their peeps up and they'd pop up like in this hologram. It was really sweet.
    Blackberry is king of voice dial, I've been using it since my 8320 from inside my helmet using a bluetooth headset, but the fact is voicedial takes at least 5 times longer then pressing buttons. If you make 10 calls a day and it takes you 5 seconds longer each time to make the call that's 5 hours wasted in a year dialing your phone. In reality it takes longer.
    01-03-12 05:38 PM
    Can we at least bash baseball fans then?! I'll even let you get first swing. Go ahead...take a crack at it.
    hahahahahahaha...phew! Humor abounds me today.
    I'm a Yankee fan. There is no need to bash when you are so far ahead.
    01-03-12 05:48 PM
    I can honestly say that the iPhone is fantastic is most ways.......
    Wonderful. But you should notice this is a Blackberry site, so your comments are probably more appropriate for an apple site.
    01-03-12 05:54 PM
    Wonderful. But you should notice this is a Blackberry site, so your comments are probably more appropriate for an apple site.
    Well, the thread title is another comparison thread so I imagine the mods don't mind his input.

01-03-12 06:27 PM
    Well, the thread title is another comparison thread so I imagine the mods don't mind his input.

No its not a comparison thread. Its a thread based on a simple statement. 3 reasons why I won't trade my BB for a iphone. This isn't an iphone bashing statement and it doesn't belittle the iphone fans or company.
    Come on. Its time to just face the facts. Not everyone likes iphones or android devices for that matter. So people honestly like blackberrys. And here's 3 reasons why........

jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    01-03-12 08:10 PM
    I agree it's not bashing anything but it is another thread that invites comparison. I gave my opinion already, actually 4 things I miss about the blackberry. Everyone should be able to post here without another user suggesting that they're not welcome and should move to another sites forums.

No its not a comparison thread. Its a thread based on a simple statement. 3 reasons why I won't trade my BB for a iphone. This isn't an iphone bashing statement and it doesn't belittle the iphone fans or company.
    Come on. Its time to just face the facts. Not everyone likes iphones or android devices for that matter. So people honestly like blackberrys. And here's 3 reasons why........

01-03-12 08:15 PM
    I'm a Yankee fan. There is no need to bash when you are so far ahead.
    Amen.

01-03-12 08:20 PM
    Can we try not to get my thread shut down? LOL.
    01-03-12 08:20 PM
    Thanks for the enlightment. I have used the HUP to get blackberrys and I've bought them straight out. I much rather upgrade and so does my wallet.
    You have to agree that the iphoners came around to trash the OP for feeling like there was an actual reason for him not wanting an iphone.
    I'm one that doesn't want an iphone. I don't like their UI. But my wife has 1. She has had 2g-ip4s. My daughter has an ipad2. I have to do all the maintance on these devices. I'm not thrilled about it but I survive. See even though I didn't know what the led was for I knew it was there none the less.
    I hate the company Apple. Its just me. I don't campaine against them.
    I like to CB and read/talk about blackberrys. I like them better than the others. Its so aggravating that we can't talk about nanything with out the egos of the x platforms.
    The x brands fans and a small group of rim owners see rims coming destruction. The most of us don't dwell on it. Many people has already upgraded to os7. Not really worring about the release of bb10. Which I hear the x brand fans talk more about it than Rims. I'm looking for os8 and os9 to come before os10. I dunno what kind of kernel it will have.
    See we enjoy then devices in our hand and appreciate them.

Now where did anyone trash the OP for not wanting an iPhone?

And there's not going to be an OS8 or 9. Not a chance.
    01-03-12 08:40 PM
    I got to the point where the only thing keeping me on my blackberry was the notifications & profile settings
    I am not using this feature, but with iOS5, you can set different ringtones for different contacts, or assign different vibration pattern for different contacts. On the vibration pattern, in addition to preset patterns, you can actually create any patterns you want and assign it to your contact (use General>Accessibility and in the hearing section, turn "custom vibration" on.
    Then, go to whatever contact you choose, and pick or create your own vibration pattern you like.
    01-03-12 11:08 PM
    To respond to OP, I am on the fence to choose iPhone alone or switch between BB and IP4S. My attractions to BB (priorities?) may be a bit different from those of traditional BB users. Physical keyboard for example is not at all the reason for using a BB for me. I type far faster and more accurate on touch screen. Never used BBM.

1. Compactness, compactness and compactness. Good for everyday use and abuse.
    2. Keyboard shortcut with one hand. Handy for just peeking emails or switching to speakerphone etc while driving (I know I should not). This is one area where the touchscreen is disadvantaged. Not a big deal but BB is handy in this regard.
    3. BeWeather widget. iPhone can display the weather on lock screen but still have to swipe down. Again, no big deal but BB is just handy.
    01-03-12 11:32 PM
    OP, I agree with ya on the three reasons why. Of course there are more reasons why but those three are also the main ones for me. In fact, I love my BB9930 so much that I just bought another Blackberry (BB9900) of ebay. Now I have CDMA and GSM covered anywhere. hahahha
    melb_me likes this.
    01-04-12 06:05 AM
154 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD