Over on the Apple forums we laugh about all the LOADS OF MISINFORMATION that gets dished out here on crackberry. Doesn't hurt me at all, but it sorely does mislead those searching for info before they make a purchase.

I'm gadget lover, blackberry, andriod, iPhone tried them all, know them well. Same goes for the tablets.

I'm a CEO and use my devices for work. For my needs the iPhone and iPad are perfect, if other devices suit your needs better great, buy them.

Here you have an inferiority complex, there's no other way to say it. This is not the great crackerberry site it once was, it's public knowledge and that's the members fault.

The smart assing, slamming others and their platforms of choice it's childish and foolish, but if that's what you need to do to flatter yourself for owning a blackberry do it, I could care less.

Search blackberry over on macrumurs or any apple or android forum, hardly anything comes up. They don't care! We don't feel threatened! Search iPhone, iPad, Android here and read the no truths, half truths and misinformation and it's sad.

I used to love reading here all the years a Blackberry was my main phone, recently picked up a new 9790 and came here to get info ... wow ... what a change in tone. - inferiority complex at large.

Just gotta realize there's a lot of 'know it all' stagnant corporate boys here who wonder 'what just happened'. Not unlike what's going on at Rim Headquarters right now, lol. That may sound insulting but it's meant sincerely. And, after all ignorant the sh*t mouthing towards Android and Apple it needed to be said.

Yes but when you have users, and even moderators here who use ALL of the devices, it is pretty rude and completely unnecessary. Many of them own Macs as well.

I don't see it at TipB, I don't see it at Android Central or any of the other mobile nations site. This is the ONLY forum in which the users platform the forum is dedicated for take the time to bash Apple products at any chance they get. Most other sites are pretty peaceful. This type of bashing wasn't on this site in 2008. The hostility began when RIM started losing their image.

The only thing negative on this site use to be BB users bashing other BB users. And then the Storm users came and turned it up a notch. There was nowhere near the amount of dedicated Apple bashing remarks or people taking the time to think of every "iComment" available.

iSheep is totally not acceptable. You are basically saying it is ok for people to make fun of an entire user base. That term makes the assumption that Apple users can not think for themselves or make their own decisions. This is a term thrown at Apple users. That is not a device bash. That is completely insulting. There are BB users who use makes. That remarks takes shots at them as well. Bash the iPhone, not the users.

Device bashing is one thing, user bashing is totally uncalled for.
    Last edited by uniquest; 01-02-12 at 03:17 PM.
    01-02-12 03:09 PM
    I actually didn't really like BBM when I had Blackberry. NONE of my friends used Blackberries. I missed the keyboard for a while but have gotten fast on my touchscreen.

What I really miss though is the LED notification light. God, I miss that. I've been using Android exclusively since Oct 2010 and I still miss that blinking LED.
    01-02-12 03:13 PM
    There are way more than 3 reasons I won't leave my iPhone...
    Great, post them on the iPhone forum....
    _StephenBB81 likes this.
    01-02-12 03:23 PM
    Over on the Apple forums we laugh about all the LOADS OF MISINFORMATION that gets dished out here on crackberry. Doesn't hurt me at all, but it sorely does mislead those searching for info before they make a purchase.

I'm gadget lover, blackberry, andriod, iPhone tried them all, know them well. Same goes for the tablets.

I'm a CEO and use my devices for work. For my needs the iPhone and iPad are perfect, if other devices suit your needs better great, buy them.

Here you have an inferiority complex, there's no other way to say it. This is not the great crackerberry site it once was, it's public knowledge and that's the members fault.

The smart assing, slamming others and their platforms of choice it's childish and foolish, but if that's what you need to do to flatter yourself for owning a blackberry do it, I could care less.

Search blackberry over on macrumurs or any apple or android forum, hardly anything comes up. They don't care! We don't feel threatened! Search iPhone, iPad, Android here and read the no truths, half truths and misinformation and it's sad.

I used to love reading here all the years a Blackberry was my main phone, recently picked up a new 9790 and came here to get info ... wow ... what a change in tone. - inferiority complex at large.
    I agree whole heartedly This site isn't what it used to be,

I don't actually support the blatant miss information, and wish this site was about BlackBerry still, and not filled with NON BlackBerry users who spend much of their time spreading as much out of date miss information as BlackBerry users spread about other platforms, it would be wonderful to be sending people to other forums to actually get their information about other platforms and the focus here actually be about BlackBerry's

But as you said that wont happen, the user base here has changed, the moderation base has shifted and the priorities have shifted. We can blame a lot of it on people who fail to move on, and people who spend their times fighting those users with miss information. It is a perpetuating cycle on both ends,
    01-02-12 03:24 PM

Just gotta realize there's a lot of 'know it all' stagnant corporate boys here who wonder 'what just happened'. Not unlike what's going on at Rim Headquarters right now, lol. That may sound insulting but it's meant sincerely. And, after all ignorant the sh*t mouthing towards Android and Apple it needed to be said.
    That's not intirely true. The iphones come here to make their points. I don't know what your ranting about. You said your iphon and ipad is your tools. So why do you care why the OP won't buy a iphone?
    The action speaks louder than the words.
    Blackberry fans didn't feed CB to the dogs. Ig was the on slought of other platform users coming in hefe and highjacking threads of people looking for help and advice. We'll stay calm for only so long.
    I undefstand people having misinformation about a product. If they state they don't want something because of a feature or the lack of it and their mistaken about it. Its inviteing to correct it, but to say they are silly or dumb or that the device they chose it a lesser device is a straight hijack of the thread.
    Like it or not but not everybody likes iphones or android devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-12 03:41 PM
    First, this sure looks like a fan site to me, starting with the name "Crackberry". With the recent missteps of RIM it seems there is a major effort by nonfans to pile on and blast anything from RIM. The negative starts with these people and the mods are slow to remove them. It gets frustrating that even in this forum thread about why someone sticks with BB that trolls come in and turn the discussion to why apple is better. And the mods allow all of that, so there is frustration with allowing this endless onslaught of negative on a fan site. You don't see that on apple and android sites because the trolls are on this site. Agree the focus should be on the hardware but calling RIM dead or obsolete is a slam against the fans who buy and use RIM products. If you do not want RIM to be successful IMO you are on the wrong forum.
    momofteme likes this.
    01-02-12 03:47 PM
    I don't see what the big deal is about the iPhone needing apps to do certain things that other phones don't. Apple has never tried to say otherwise and in fact, Apps are one of the things that helped Apple get the iPhone to where it is now. In A LOT of cases, using the official app is so much easier than going to the HTML or mobile website(again, I'm talking about phone) when using a smaller screen. and I think a lot of people get the iPhone with apps being a big reason.

And as far as name calling, sure it's a BB site, but, there are a lot of member here who either use a BB, a BB and another decide, or another device and still like BB and want to stick around because, they like the forums. So, when you say icrap, isheep, etc... not only does it show the immaturity and in some cases, insecurities of some of the members who use those terms, it makes the who forum as a whole look bad, and starts unnecessary hostility amongst the members. It's completely unnecessary, period. Though I can understand it being said as a joke once in awhile, that's life.

As far as mis-information goes, it amazes me how so many users, be it Blackberry, IPhone, Android, or whatever, say so many il-informed things about another phone. There are so many clueless people who try to "give advice" about a phone they either don't have or never used its almost funny. That's why I tell people they most definitely better Google or Bing more information when looking up info about a new phone.

Also, here are too many people here who will call someone a troll do simply saying something negative about RIM. Even if they are speaking the truth. I think they need a sticky that lets people know what a troll is before they go calling every who doesn't agree with them one. While there at it, they should create a sticky that explains how to use the IGNORE and BLOCK feature. Too many people get bu77 hurt and engage in obvious troll attacks when Ignoring is all they really need to do an move on.

War Is All We Know
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-02-12 03:52 PM
    1. red, blue, purple indicator light
    2. physical keyboard
    3. call blocker (need to jailbreak the iphone to get a decent call blocker)
    01-02-12 04:06 PM
    That's not intirely true. The iphones come here to make their points.
    That's not entirely true either.
    I am an iPhone/iPad user just like Uniquest.
    I came here to learn more about the BB when I picked up the 9700 while ago. But we are were caught up by missteps by RIM. iPhone bashing does not hurt me a bit.
    With due respect, if you feel that iPhone users come here to make their point, then you might be suffering from persecution complex in addition to inferiority complex. I do not appreciate the present status of RIM, but when I talk about it, I would try not to provoke the nerve of long time BB users.
    But if some of the loyal BB users would be matured enough to take whatever criticisms (must be fair though) with strides, then this place would be much more enjoyable. It is just that RIM is currently in a very bad situation, which is the source of some negative thoughts and feelings, and I am sure you would acknowledge that. One BB home-run, and things will change overnight. But it is probably wise for me to digress from BB vs, iPhone vs. Android discussion :-).
    01-02-12 04:07 PM
    I actually didn't really like BBM when I had Blackberry. NONE of my friends used Blackberries. I missed the keyboard for a while but have gotten fast on my touchscreen.

What I really miss though is the LED notification light. God, I miss that. I've been using Android exclusively since Oct 2010 and I still miss that blinking LED.
    And the blinking trackballs of our Sidekicks?

I love the LED light on my Amaze, but I really wish it had the beacon-like quality of the BB LED, and the ability to change colors for various notifications. I did try NO LED for awhile but it just wasn't the same.
    01-02-12 04:07 PM
    I don't see what the big deal is about the iPhone needing apps to do certain things that other phones don't. Apple has never tried to say otherwise and in fact, Apps are one of the things that helped Apple get the iPhone to where it is now. In A LOT of cases, using the official app is so much easier than going to the HTML or mobile website(again, I'm talking about phone) when using a smaller screen. and I think a lot of people get the iPhone with apps being a big reason.

And as far as name calling, sure it's a BB site, but, there are a lot of member here who either use a BB, a BB and another decide, or another device and still like BB and want to stick around because, they like the forums. So, when you say icrap, isheep, etc... not only does it show the immaturity and in some cases, insecurities of some of the members who use those terms, it makes the who forum as a whole look bad, and starts unnecessary hostility amongst the members. It's completely unnecessary, period. Though I can understand it being said as a joke once in awhile, that's life.

As far as mis-information goes, it amazes me how so many users, be it Blackberry, IPhone, Android, or whatever, say so many il-informed things about another phone. There are so many clueless people who try to "give advice" about a phone they either don't have or never used its almost funny. That's why I tell people they most definitely better Google or Bing more information when looking up info about a new phone.

Also, here are too many people here who will call someone a troll do simply saying something negative about RIM. Even if they are speaking the truth. I think they need a sticky that lets people know what a troll is before they go calling every who doesn't agree with them one. While there at it, they should create a sticky that explains how to use the IGNORE and BLOCK feature. Too many people get bu77 hurt and engage in obvious troll attacks when Ignoring is all they really need to do an move on.

War Is All We Know
    I don't see a problem with the apps if that's what you want. Just like I don't think its wrong if I don't want them.
    The problem here is people are trying to down play they reasons the OP won't leave BlackBerry for an iphone. So of in course some termology is going to be used. No means no. All day long.
    It doesn't matter if the reasons seems dumb and aren't really correct. Its their choice. You might want to hear ijokes but people don't want to hear their choices is stupid.
    It amazes me that apple coined the ipharses and their fans get bent out of shape at itermology.

01-02-12 04:10 PM
    1. red, blue, purple indicator light
    2. physical keyboard
    3. call blocker (need to jailbreak the iphone to get a decent call blocker)
    Smiling :-))
    Actually re your 3, I have to dig out how to filter calls with BB device, natively or with a 3rd party app.
    I always meant to explore it, but never had time to get to it.
    Any recommendation if it's a 3rd party app?
    01-02-12 04:13 PM
    Smiling :-))
    Actually re your 3, I have to dig out how to filter calls with BB device, natively or with a 3rd party app.
    I always meant to explore it, but never had time to get to it.
    Any recommendation if it's a 3rd party app?
    I use Call Control Pro, works like a charm.
    xanadome likes this.
    01-02-12 04:33 PM
    Seriously? My point is just that. Icloud isn't something new by apple. Online storage and synching has been around. I prolly got my DB account in 09. I don't know when it came out. I just for a fact I've had it a year. Really I know it was longer.
    So what's your point? Are you trying to make the same point as I am that iphone has been able to use online storage for synching files for awhile now?
    Dropbox is for synching FILES. iCloud is for synching DATA. I love Dropbox, I don't mind managing files. MILLIONS of additional users will benefit from "it's always there" data synching with no need to understand filenames or structures. What they will know is that their data is the same on every synched device, without looking for DROPBOX:\Userfiles\budget\2011budget

You don't see "BlackBerry FailBook"...
    Check the homepage. Blackberry is running a "Please don't call it a closeout" sale on the playbook, so nicknames might become more common.

On a BlackBerry site you shouldn't see "failbook" "playbongle" "crapberry" because this is a BlackBerry fan site and those comments would be directly intended to insult the target user base, and the core of the site, using terms like "itoy", "iPon" "iSheep" "iFone" are all acceptable terms on a BlackBerry Fan site, it is common practice on a Fan site to talk down of the competition, even make blanket statements that hold marginal fact, because it's a fan site...
    There is no NEED to do it when winning, and it provides mild relief when, well... when you're losing.

Cut folks a break and let them blow off some harmless steam. It's been a tough six months.
    01-02-12 05:09 PM
    The FUNNIEST thing is that Apple did implement that blinking LED feature, its using the LED on the back of the phone (camera LED) and Im sitting here wondering who keeps their phone faced DOWN
    01-02-12 05:18 PM
    That's not entirely true either.
    I am an iPhone/iPad user just like Uniquest.
    I came here to learn more about the BB when I picked up the 9700 while ago. But we are were caught up by missteps by RIM. iPhone bashing does not hurt me a bit.
    With due respect, if you feel that iPhone users come here to make their point, then you might be suffering from persecution complex in addition to inferiority complex. I do not appreciate the present status of RIM, but when I talk about it, I would try not to provoke the nerve of long time BB users.
    But if some of the loyal BB users would be matured enough to take whatever criticisms (must be fair though) with strides, then this place would be much more enjoyable. It is just that RIM is currently in a very bad situation, which is the source of some negative thoughts and feelings, and I am sure you would acknowledge that. One BB home-run, and things will change overnight. But it is probably wise for me to digress from BB vs, iPhone vs. Android discussion :-).
    No its the truth. The only reason you and the other iphone fans are in this thread cause a blackberry user said he would buy an iphone for ????? Reasons. Yall feel the need to correct.
    Now that's just fine. But getting upset when ya read iremarks and saying someones reasons are silly is uncalled for.

01-02-12 05:27 PM
    The FUNNIEST thing is that Apple did implement that blinking LED feature, its using the LED on the back of the phone (camera LED) and Im sitting here wondering who keeps their phone faced DOWN
    Firstly, not defending Apple :-).
    This LED flash for iPhone 4S is actually meant for the hearing impaired. In fact, setting of this is in the "accessibility" section (not "notification" section) of the iPhone. Apple has been implementing various measures for vision, hearing and other impaired people for years, as long as I remember and I have been using Mac since 1986. I just looked at the accessibility setting section of my iPhone and see many different setting for vision, hearing (LED flash is here) and physical & motor impaired.

Having said that the current LED alert of BB is indeed useful. iPhone does give me an audible alert, and in iOS5, it gives notification on lock screen with preview, so that you know what it's all about without actually getting to email client. It stays there until you simply tap it to open it, or actually going to email program. So, Apple did address much of gripes in the past.
    What I think the BB style LED flash alert is useful is when I am driving or in a meeting when email comes. I knew it came, and mean to read it later but I could easily forget to do so. Small blinking light on top would be handy, particularly during driving, to remind me that I still have to read it (when I use BB, it is always in my shirt pocket).

iPhone 5 was supposed to adopt a blinking light just like BB, but you know what happened on it (I never thought Apple would do that as they are so obsessed with saving battery juice). We just have to wait. If the iPhone 5 did in fact adopt the blinking light, they obviously copied from BB or Android. But it's good for everybody. If each device maker would take ideas from others (without infringing patent rights), it would only benefit us.

OTOH..., some BB users stated that they do not like to be prisoners of a blinking light. I understand (and a bit worry about) it too :-).
    Last edited by xanadome; 01-02-12 at 07:19 PM.
    01-02-12 05:49 PM
    No its the truth. The only reason you and the other iphone fans are in this thread cause a blackberry user said he would buy an iphone for ????? Reasons. Yall feel the need to correct.
    Now that's just fine. But getting upset when ya read iremarks and saying someones reasons are silly is uncalled for
    Sorry, if you felt that way.
    As I said, I was just going to digress from this thread, but please let me state this. I can only speak for myself.
    If I sounded like I was bashing the BB, I am sorry that it was not my intention. I have been using my BB for the last 1.5 years and mind you, I bought the BB outright, not taking advantage of HUP.
    BB has certain attractions to me.
    But I would never bash or criticize someone's "choice" of BB or anything else. That would be rude.
    But I did get a bit disturbed as I learned how RIM reacted to certain things, and felt like piling on them (together with other BB users). I was particularly disappointed that RIM kept leaking info, suggesting imminent launch of 9900 (around last April/May?) that I was eagerly waiting for, only to find that they delayed it again till November. Then I found out that this was not the first time RIM did this sort of thing. This was a stark contrast from what Apple has been doing, which essentially was, they announce a product with a stated launch date, which usually is soon after the announcement, and never failed to deliver it.
    So, yes, I am not impressed by RIM, but I also know that it was not at all the fault of users here, who equally complained about the same thing. There is always a group of trolls in any forum like this, but I hope you would remove the idea that Apple fanatics bother to take time to come here to bash BBs. They (including me) might correct some obvious misinformation or misunderstanding, but that's different from promoting Apple in the sea of BB fans.
    OK, I really digress :-).
    01-02-12 06:08 PM
    Sorry, if you felt that way.
    As I said, I was just going to digress from this thread, but please let me state this. I can only speak for myself.
    If I sounded like I was bashing the BB, I am sorry that it was not my intention. I have been using my BB for the last 1.5 years and mind you, I bought the BB outright, not taking advantage of HUP.
    BB has certain attractions to me.
    But I would never bash or criticize someone's "choice" of BB or anything else. That would be rude.
    But I did get a bit disturbed as I learned how RIM reacted to certain things, and felt like piling on them (together with other BB users). I was particularly disappointed that RIM kept leaking info, suggesting imminent launch of 9900 (around last April/May?) that I was eagerly waiting for, only to find that they delayed it again till November. Then I found out that this was not the first time RIM did this sort of thing. This was a stark contrast from what Apple has been doing, which essentially was, they announce a product with a stated launch date, which usually is soon after the announcement, and never failed to deliver it.
    So, yes, I am not impressed by RIM, but I also know that it was not at all the fault of users here, who equally complained about the same thing. There is always a group of trolls in any forum like this, but I hope you would remove the idea that Apple fanatics bother to take time to come here to bash BBs. They (including me) might correct some obvious misinformation or misunderstanding, but that's different from promoting Apple in the sea of BB fans.
    OK, I really digress :-).
    Fair enough. What's HUP? How does RIMs affairs relate to the topic at hand?

01-02-12 06:17 PM
    1. Keyboard
    2. uh, keyboard
    3. wait, let me think...keyboard!
    13echo4 likes this.
    01-02-12 06:55 PM
    Fair enough. What's HUP? How does RIMs affairs relate to the topic at hand?
    Since you asked... :-)

HUP - Hardware Upgrade Program (Rogers' term?)

How does RIMs affairs relate to the topic at hand?
    Good question. Yes, it deviated from the original intention of the thread. I was dragged into it when the thread was about advantages of BB against iPhone, then to the criticism of each other, which inevitably caused some commotions. I was perhaps trying to illustrate the difference between "bashing" BB vs. RIM, i.e., I never bashed BB (in my mind at least). After all, I am also a BB user and I love it. I am also sympathetic to long time loyal users of BB, who in my opinion, were probably felt more duped by RIM than I did, particularly in the last 12 months or so (I do not know how it was before that. I was not here).
    Hope I did not started the commotion :-).
    13echo4 likes this.
    01-02-12 07:01 PM
    Yes but when you have users, and even moderators here who use ALL of the devices, it is pretty rude and completely unnecessary. Many of them own Macs as well.

I don't see it at TipB, I don't see it at Android Central or any of the other mobile nations site. This is the ONLY forum in which the users platform the forum is dedicated for take the time to bash Apple products at any chance they get. Most other sites are pretty peaceful. This type of bashing wasn't on this site in 2008. The hostility began when RIM started losing their image.

The only thing negative on this site use to be BB users bashing other BB users. And then the Storm users came and turned it up a notch. There was nowhere near the amount of dedicated Apple bashing remarks or people taking the time to think of every "iComment" available.

iSheep is totally not acceptable. You are basically saying it is ok for people to make fun of an entire user base. That term makes the assumption that Apple users can not think for themselves or make their own decisions. This is a term thrown at Apple users. That is not a device bash. That is completely insulting. There are BB users who use makes. That remarks takes shots at them as well. Bash the iPhone, not the users.

Device bashing is one thing, user bashing is totally uncalled for.

The world's smallest violin is playing for you
    01-02-12 07:55 PM
    Since you asked... :-)

HUP - Hardware Upgrade Program (Rogers' term?)

How does RIMs affairs relate to the topic at hand?
    Good question. Yes, it deviated from the original intention of the thread. I was dragged into it when the thread was about advantages of BB against iPhone, then to the criticism of each other, which inevitably caused some commotions. I was perhaps trying to illustrate the difference between "bashing" BB vs. RIM, i.e., I never bashed BB (in my mind at least). After all, I am also a BB user and I love it. I am also sympathetic to long time loyal users of BB, who in my opinion, were probably felt more duped by RIM than I did, particularly in the last 12 months or so (I do not know how it was before that. I was not here).
    Hope I did not started the commotion :-).
    Thanks for the enlightment. I have used the HUP to get blackberrys and I've bought them straight out. I much rather upgrade and so does my wallet.
    You have to agree that the iphoners came around to trash the OP for feeling like there was an actual reason for him not wanting an iphone.
    I'm one that doesn't want an iphone. I don't like their UI. But my wife has 1. She has had 2g-ip4s. My daughter has an ipad2. I have to do all the maintance on these devices. I'm not thrilled about it but I survive. See even though I didn't know what the led was for I knew it was there none the less.
    I hate the company Apple. Its just me. I don't campaine against them.
    I like to CB and read/talk about blackberrys. I like them better than the others. Its so aggravating that we can't talk about nanything with out the egos of the x platforms.
    The x brands fans and a small group of rim owners see rims coming destruction. The most of us don't dwell on it. Many people has already upgraded to os7. Not really worring about the release of bb10. Which I hear the x brand fans talk more about it than Rims. I'm looking for os8 and os9 to come before os10. I dunno what kind of kernel it will have.
    See we enjoy then devices in our hand and appreciate them.

01-02-12 08:44 PM
    I don't want this thread to degenerate into another debate about user base and comparison of the other sites.
    I stand by my conviction that this is a BlackBerry site.
    I'm not debating that.

BlackBerry is a smartphone.

Apple makes more than smartphones. There is a big difference. Bashing Apple in general is bashing all its users. Some of which only use BB and just have a Mac. Bash the iPhone. Not Apple USERS.

You see more BB bashing on this site than people bashing BB users.

Just because you are a fan of something does not mean you need to make fun of a user base. I am a Dallas Cowboy fan. I hate the NY Giants. Do I need to go around making fun of Giants fans? No. I will make fun of their TEAM, not the FAN.
    01-03-12 09:51 AM
    The world's smallest violin is playing for you
    Your comments are always appreciated.
    01-03-12 09:56 AM
154 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD