LOL. Not true. I am logged in right now to Dropbox through Safari. Another myth shot down by facts.

Up until BB OS7, the browser on the BB sucked. Browsing on the BB before that point was painful.
    On an iphone? Can you download or upload to it?
    01-02-12 07:19 AM
    BBM and KEYBOARD are actually an awesome combo lol
    Led light?! Ftw

I use my phone for bbm and texting %90. The rest is done on my iPad or iPod Touch
    01-02-12 07:37 AM
    On an iphone? Can you download or upload to it?
    Your surprise is not unexpected. It's reflective of RIM CEOs and their patrons. Misinformed and behind the times.
    dynot likes this.
    01-02-12 07:44 AM
    Your surprise is not unexpected. It's reflective of RIM CEOs and their patrons. Misinformed and behind the times.
    Lol, show me how you access your files and how you upload more files to it, not the webpage, that means nothing.

Can you download your documents/music/videos and upload more back?

Edit- So I'm guessing by now you have worked out that you actually can't and the "myth" is in fact real.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 01-02-12 at 09:14 AM.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    01-02-12 07:52 AM
    blackberry's pwn

playbook pwns

i like to pwn
    01-02-12 09:13 AM
    As much as I loved my blackberry, those reasons are kinda silly. Though I do agree with her on the full keyboard thing. But the cellphone market is changing, we need a slightly bigger screen and better browsing if Blackberry wants to stay on top. Blackberry was the first amazing smart phone I had *I tossed the iphone that I had in 2007 3 months after using. It was poo*
    better browsing? my 9900 browsing speed is just as good it not better than an IPhone
    01-02-12 10:13 AM
    If anyone that travels via plane regularly has noticed, the airport terminals are filled with business people on iPhones. iPhones outnumber BB by at least 8:1 in most cases. The so-called short comings of the iPhone must not be as important to the majority to make them stay with a phone that provides a less-than desirable user experience. I switched from a 9700 to a 4S 2 months ago and the only feature from BB that I miss is Bedside Mode. I certainly don't miss having to pull my battery at least once a day.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    01-02-12 11:22 AM
    If anyone that travels via plane regularly has noticed, the airport terminals are filled with business people on iPhones. iPhones outnumber BB by at least 8:1 in most cases. The so-called short comings of the iPhone must not be as important to the majority to make them stay with a phone that provides a less-than desirable user experience. I switched from a 9700 to a 4S 2 months ago and the only feature from BB that I miss is Bedside Mode. I certainly don't miss having to pull my battery at least once a day.
    Comparing a 2+ year old phone to a 2 months old one?
    buwee likes this.
    01-02-12 11:31 AM
    Lol, show me how you access your files and how you upload more files to it, not the webpage, that means nothing.

Can you download your documents/music/videos and upload more back?

Edit- So I'm guessing by now you have worked out that you actually can't and the "myth" is in fact real.
    Or maybe he's been busy and hasn't had time to get back here?

I'm curious; you always seem so aggressively gung to prove that other OSs can't do something. I'm not sure why it's that big of a deal if someone says that "I can upload files to dropbox from my mobile browser." I know I can on Android just like I'd be able to while sitting at my laptop and using the browser. I don't know why one wouldn't be able to do it on the iPhone. Of course if you're that curious, just google it.

Box is better anyway. You get way more storage than 5 gigs.
    01-02-12 11:56 AM
    Or maybe he's been busy and hasn't had time to get back here?

I'm curious; you always seem so aggressively gung to prove that other OSs can't do something. I'm not sure why it's that big of a deal if someone says that "I can upload files to dropbox from my mobile browser." I know I can on Android just like I'd be able to while sitting at my laptop and using the browser. I don't know why one wouldn't be able to do it on the iPhone. Of course if you're that curious, just google it.

Box is better anyway. You get way more storage than 5 gigs.
    Android and BB behaves the same as a computer would, Android more so then BB thanks to flash, iphone does not and it needs apps to be able to do things you and me take for granted. Yet the iphone browser is supposed to be "superior"

The guy thought he busted a "myth", I have a feeling he's embarrassed to come back although I don't mind if I'm proven wrong.

Edit- the good thing about being able to use the browser is you can use more the one free Dropbox account or similar Cloud service. Personally I have 6gb of dropbox storage and I use one more shared family account.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 01-02-12 at 12:16 PM.
    01-02-12 12:13 PM
    The shortcomings of the iPon are very real and why we are here on BB. Numbers of iPon users are irrelevant. The OP was about why we would NEVER go with apple or iPon, and that will not change. The BB has its advantages and disadvantages, but the people on this site choose BB.
    Last edited by Brianflys; 01-02-12 at 12:40 PM.
    13echo4 likes this.
    01-02-12 12:37 PM
    wtf is an iPon?

Some of you guys really come up with some cheesy nicknames for iDevices.
    01-02-12 12:39 PM
    You are right. iPhone and iPad are quite clever and inspired. iThink that iWill see if iCan refrain from iPuns, but iDon't know whether iHave the power. iGuess so.
    01-02-12 12:50 PM
    double post, slo wifi today.
    01-02-12 12:51 PM
    You are right. iPhone and iPad are quite clever and inspired. iThink that iWill see if iCan refrain from iPuns, but iDon't know whether iHave the power. iGuess so.
    Never said they were clever or inspired. But iCrap, iPon, iToy (not saying you said all of these, just in general) and whatever has come in between, they are all lame. Why do you even need to bother to bash the names of the device? Why not just use the actual name?

You don't see "BlackBerry FailBook" or any other stupid comments every time someone mentions a name. Use the proper name. You are just instigating.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-02-12 at 01:26 PM.
    vrs626 and Caymancroc like this.
    01-02-12 01:24 PM
    better browsing? my 9900 browsing speed is just as good it not better than an IPhone
    I'm comparing the browsing to my 4G android. I'm not sure if they have a whole lot with 4G capability, if they do, good for them! I'm glad to hear it's better than the iphone, but does it come with flash?
    01-02-12 01:30 PM
    iOS has had Dropbox since Sept 29, 2009 and Sugarsync since Aug 28, 2008. What's your point?
    Seriously? My point is just that. Icloud isn't something new by apple. Online storage and synching has been around. I prolly got my DB account in 09. I don't know when it came out. I just for a fact I've had it a year. Really I know it was longer.
    So what's your point? Are you trying to make the same point as I am that iphone has been able to use online storage for synching files for awhile now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-12 01:33 PM
    Use the proper name.
    Good idea. Thanks.
    01-02-12 02:00 PM
    Never said they were clever or inspired. But iCrap, iPon, iToy (not saying you said all of these, just in general) and whatever has come in between, they are all lame. Why do you even need to bother to bash the names of the device? Why not just use the actual name?

You don't see "BlackBerry FailBook" or any other stupid comments every time someone mentions a name. Use the proper name. You are just instigating.
    On a BlackBerry site you shouldn't see "failbook" "playbongle" "crapberry" because this is a BlackBerry fan site and those comments would be directly intended to insult the target user base, and the core of the site, using terms like "itoy", "iPon" "iSheep" "iFone" are all acceptable terms on a BlackBerry Fan site, it is common practice on a Fan site to talk down of the competition, even make blanket statements that hold marginal fact, because it's a fan site, frequent sports fan sites, car fan sites, it happens everywhere, Chevy truck fans will think (wrongly of course) that their truck is Better than the Amazing Ford F150, and will talk about "Driver returns on Foot" or "Built ford Fluff" just as on a Ford Forum, those will refer to a Chevy as "accelerates like a Rock" or SheVee truck,
    01-02-12 02:08 PM
    On a BlackBerry site you shouldn't see "failbook" "playbongle" "crapberry" because this is a BlackBerry fan site and those comments would be directly intended to insult the target user base, and the core of the site, using terms like "itoy", "iPon" "iSheep" "iFone" are all acceptable terms on a BlackBerry Fan site, it is common practice on a Fan site to talk down of the competition, even make blanket statements that hold marginal fact, because it's a fan site, frequent sports fan sites, car fan sites, it happens everywhere, Chevy truck fans will think (wrongly of course) that their truck is Better than the Amazing Ford F150, and will talk about "Driver returns on Foot" or "Built ford Fluff" just as on a Ford Forum, those will refer to a Chevy as "accelerates like a Rock" or SheVee truck,
    Yes but when you have users, and even moderators here who use ALL of the devices, it is pretty rude and completely unnecessary. Many of them own Macs as well.

I don't see it at TipB, I don't see it at Android Central or any of the other mobile nations site. This is the ONLY forum in which the users platform the forum is dedicated for take the time to bash Apple products at any chance they get. Most other sites are pretty peaceful. This type of bashing wasn't on this site in 2008. The hostility began when RIM started losing their image.

The only thing negative on this site use to be BB users bashing other BB users. And then the Storm users came and turned it up a notch. There was nowhere near the amount of dedicated Apple bashing remarks or people taking the time to think of every "iComment" available.

iSheep is totally not acceptable. You are basically saying it is ok for people to make fun of an entire user base. That term makes the assumption that Apple users can not think for themselves or make their own decisions. This is a term thrown at Apple users. That is not a device bash. That is completely insulting. There are BB users who use makes. That remarks takes shots at them as well. Bash the iPhone, not the users.

Device bashing is one thing, user bashing is totally uncalled for.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-02-12 at 02:20 PM.
    pantlesspenguin and vrs626 like this.
    01-02-12 02:18 PM
    Any blackberry could always access dropbox and any other cloud trough the browser, the iphone NEEDS an app, can't do it in the browser.
    Who really cares how you access it? App, browser, carrying your files over to Dropbox HQ and dropping them off with receptionist. I know I don't care and it doesn't really matter does it?

The only way I think it would matter is if Dropbox made the app cost a lot more $ on one platform and allowed the user to use a browser for free on another platform. That is not the case.

I think this is another topic derailed from the original 3 reasons. Seems to be happening a lot these days.

Now people are debating on what they call the iPhone or Playbook:roll eyes:.
    01-02-12 02:19 PM
    Who really cares how you access it? App, browser, carrying your files over to Dropbox HQ and dropping them off with receptionist. I know I don't care and it doesn't really matter does it?

The only way I think it would matter is if Dropbox made the app cost a lot more $ on one platform and allowed the user to use a browser for free on another platform. That is not the case.

I think this is another topic derailed from the original 3 reasons. Seems to be happening a lot these days.

Now people are debating on what they call the iPhone or Playbook:roll eyes:.
    Did you even read the argument? The guy was arguing that the iphone had a dropbox app before blackberry which is true but before the app existed his iphone couldn't access dropbox while a blackberry could trough the browser. Don't take things out of context.
    01-02-12 02:24 PM
    Why? Apple is the only company that restricts it's hardware to its control. Countless mp3 and mp4 players, cellphone brands, and smartphones can use as many libaries as wished. Can be interfaced with as little as win explorer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Countless mp3 player/ cell phone manufactures don't sell content. Buy an RCA Lycia and you still have to rip your own CDs or purchase content from iTunes . (or Amazon, Walmart, ect...) RCA doesn't sell content, just a player.
    01-02-12 02:51 PM
    Yes but when you have users, and even moderators here who use ALL of the devices, it is pretty rude and completely unnecessary. Many of them own Macs as well.
    Exactly.
    I never thought this was a mere BlackBerry "Fan" site. If it were, I would be out :-).
    There are people like me who enjoy more than one platform (not too smart though, I know). While I did come from iPhone, I enjoy the BB too, although I admit I have mostly been whining and ranting about RIM (not BB itself. I enjoy my 9790 very much). I really thought RIM were not "behaving well" to their users (I really never knew much about RIM until I bought a 9700 and visited this site. Perhaps I happened to have hit a bad timing when RIM was in transition). I do not think I am "bashing" BB, but yes, I am complaining about RIM :-).
    I rant about them simply because I am l looking forward to something better than the current line of products that seem to be riddled with problems (not my 9790 so far, thank you). I also want to see somewhat better future prospect, not the BB10 in 12 months etc. While there is no question that the iPhone is a superb device, I sometime feel kinda bored (after so many years with it). I am looking for a perfect BB solution :-).
    01-02-12 02:57 PM

I don't see it at TipB, I don't see it at Android Central or any of the other mobile nations site. This is the ONLY forum in which the users platform the forum is dedicated for take the time to bash Apple products at any chance they get. Most other sites are pretty peaceful. This type of bashing wasn't on this site in 2008. The hostility began when RIM started losing their image.

The only thing negative on this site use to be BB users bashing other BB users. And then the Storm users came and turned it up a notch. There was nowhere near the amount of dedicated Apple bashing remarks or people taking the time to think of every "iComment" available.

iSheep is totally not acceptable. You are basically saying it is ok for people to make fun of an entire user base. That term makes the assumption that Apple users can not think for themselves or make their own decisions. This is a term thrown at Apple users. That is not a device bash. That is completely insulting. There are BB users who use makes. That remarks takes shots at them as well. Bash the iPhone, not the users.

Device bashing is one thing, user bashing is totally uncalled for.
    I don't want this thread to degenerate into another debate about user base and comparison of the other sites.
    I stand by my conviction that this is a BlackBerry site.
    01-02-12 02:58 PM
154 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD