The coherency thing is interesting. I never really believed the auto correct on the touch screen phones could really mess up an email all that badly. But then relying on it, is what makes those virtual keyboards "work". To get up to speed you have to TRUST the auto correct.

Then one day I got an email from a customer. Actually a couple of emails. Her first email asked me to make some changes to an order she made (I help run an online store). I noticed at the end of her message it said "Sent from my iPhone".

Then her next message read "Thank you so much for making the change. I am very sorry for the incontinence!".
    01-01-12 12:29 PM
    I have the 9800 and I only use the slide-out keyboard. If I have a physical keyboard I prefer it over the on-screen keyboard.

I hope the BB10 slider has a bigger keyboard and big screen. I don't mind if the phone is bigger than the current 9800/9810
    01-01-12 02:18 PM
    Push email is a must for me eh. Some people don't care for push anymore, but I need it still

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    spike12 likes this.
    01-01-12 02:27 PM
    There are way more than 3 reasons I won't leave my iPhone.

The three reasons in OP are very poor but I must admit I thought the same thing at one time.

The flashing LED is not a problem for me. If something is that critical in my line of work they better call. For others I understand the need for it. For most people though, email is not mission critical and you will fInd yourself freed from the chains of that little blinking red light.

I feel more at ease to be honest and have simply checked email a couple of times a day or when I notice the mail app has an email in it. I do get push email and there is a little number in a red circle near the mail app to tell you, so it is good. I also feel more productive. I used to drop everything I was doing to check that little flashing LED and now I feel there is no obligation to. I would have never turned my LED off because I was so used to it. Now there is no option for it, I am glad I don't have one. If I ever went back to BB I would definitely turn off that feature.

The typing is fine on an iPhone. I am just as fast on my iPhone as I am on a BB. I believe the iPhone's ability to recognize voice and insert it into areas of text for you though is the best. I dictate reports, emails, texts, posts, reminders, etc. my productivity has again increased. My thumbs aren't sore either.

BBM? Seriously? Whatever floats your boat. All my friends and colleagues moved to iPhone, so this wouldn't be an issue for me.

iTunes? The iPhone 4S with iOS 5 does not require iTunes sync. You can use all iOS devices as stand alone devices with wireless iCloud sync if you want now. I, however did not like iTunes either at first. Now I love it. It is a great way to get movies and songs to sync with the device. I also like iPhoto. All my photos sync perfectly and I can buy them right there cheaper than shutterfly.

Multiple email attachments? I thought this was a big deal, but in the 6-8 weeks I have had my iPhone I have not noticed a need to attach multiple email attachments. If so, I would just say they would be forthcoming over a couple of emails. Since most people I know have iPhones it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

The ability to FaceTime, create appointments/texts/emails and more with Siri, edit documents better, give keynote presentations from my device, stream music/movies to my TV and stereo, create movies, take great pictures/video and edit them, go online with a great browser, get better looking non-truncated email, and download tons of apps have made my iPhone a remarkable BB killer. There is no way I would go back at this time.

RIM has a lot of catching up to do, but I don't think they have the time to do so. I do,however, hope they succeed because competition is good for all of us.
    Here I thought the subject of the thread was opposite of what you posted?
    01-01-12 02:41 PM
    The coherency thing is interesting. I never really believed the auto correct on the touch screen phones could really mess up an email all that badly. But then relying on it, is what makes those virtual keyboards "work". To get up to speed you have to TRUST the auto correct.

Then one day I got an email from a customer. Actually a couple of emails. Her first email asked me to make some changes to an order she made (I help run an online store). I noticed at the end of her message it said "Sent from my iPhone".

Then her next message read "Thank you so much for making the change. I am very sorry for the incontinence!".
    Now that is funny!
    01-01-12 05:14 PM
    The flashing led isn't as a big a deal to me as is having BeBuzz which tells me if is my wife or one of my daughters which will get me to answer it much quicker than if it is someone else.
    01-01-12 05:17 PM
    The problems with itunes are widely known. The "why i hate itunes" search on google provides many answers, so no, I am not lying or exaggerating. itunes is an abomination.

Why I Hate iTunes: Syncing Sucks And So Does Selecting Music | GadgetReview
    Yes you are. Apple killed DRM on music purchases. You can also manually sync. When you manually sync, it's drag and drop from within iTunes. You may also rip CDs using any software you like. You may also add music files that are obtained from any source you like. Same thing with videos. None of my music tracks were purchased on iTunes.

I have podcast set up for auto sync on my 3rd gen Nano. New podcast are installed and those that have been listened to are automatically deleted from my device. I manually sync music, drag and drop. I also manually sync video files on my iPad. All video files have been ripped from discs that I own. Nothing closed about that.

BB Desktop also syncs iTunes media on BB devices.

The problem people have with iTunes is that they don't understand how to use it. And it's really simple. A checkbox prevents auto sync. From there it's a simple drag and drop.

Push email is a must for me eh. Some people don't care for push anymore, but I need it still

iOS does push email. The problem with iOS is emailing some attachments.

P
    Does the iphone have to open files before attaching to emails or mms? I didn't know that. As I've said many times I don't do anything on an iphone unless I have. And she makes me.
    Ios5 doenst require itunes to manege the iphone? What can you sync it with? Wmp, outlook, office maybe?
    My wife is still using itunes reckon nobody told her yet. So the iphone isn't restricted to 1 libary anymore? That's good news.
    I don't know what the arguement should actually be. So as that maybe in my opinion itunes is garbage. Its so aggravating getting everything synced up and deleted the way you want. It just so much simplier to just plug usb in and use explorer. I imagion now you can use explorer for ios5?

Yes iOS has to send a file to email from the application that uses the file. Generally not a problem, but let's say you are at a job site and don't have Internet access from your laptop. Boss calls and asks for some drawings. With BB, it's simple to hookup as a USB device, drag and drop the files (zip them first), and email them from your phone. Same thing when you email Excel report to a client. Most mobile office apps will destroy most "complex" office formatting, rendering the file useless to the recipient.

iOS 5.0 and above now uses iCloud to keep things in sync. I just upgraded the only iOS device I own (iPad) to iOS 5 but haven't switched over to iCloud from Mobile Me because I still use XP Pro on my company laptop and Snow Leporad on the iMac. You may still use iTunes. iCloud also stores your music (I think it's five gigs free) and will send it to your device as needed. (You can playback as it's being downloaded).

With iTunes you can go to preferences/devices, and turn off automatic syncing upon connection. From there you can manually drag and drop without problems. IOS devices are still limited to on library as per the agreement that Apple has with content providers. Content providers do not want you taking your device to someone else's computer and installing their content. (Hint: thumb drive)

Now for what it's worth, I like the blinking LED on my BB. I would rather send or receive a text or BBM instead of a phone call.
    Last edited by Mr.Willie; 01-01-12 at 06:00 PM.
    01-01-12 05:53 PM

And you can have it on both devices if you have an Exchange Activesync supported account like gmail, hotmail, etc.
    01-01-12 05:54 PM
    I will stick with BlackBerry because if what it can do without special workarounds. And as a bonus, it Bridges perfectly with my PlayBook, giving me an instant 7" display of all my BB information and messages, along with the universe of PB specific apps and functions. No workarounds needed. Another reason to stick with BlackBerry.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    01-01-12 06:39 PM
    do i need to have the app running all the time? is it just when its in bedside mode? don't have my phone on me, no cell phones at work , that's why I'm asking these questions not because I'm lazy lol.
    The app just runs in the background - doesn't take many resources. It's the first app I download when I get a new model.
    01-01-12 07:45 PM
    Back to the topic of this thread, if we may ...

Everybody has their reasons for using the phones they use. Obviously their phones' shortcomings -- and they all have them -- are outweighed by their strengths. I found it particularly refreshing to see this article on Forbes, since they're usually among the more vociferous bashers of RIM in the media and the first to jump on any negative news. So it was nice to see one of their writers trumpeting her BlackBerry for a change.
    01-01-12 10:30 PM
    I actually have just one: iTunes.

For as long as the iPhone requires iTunes, I'll never consider it.
    It doesn't.
    01-01-12 10:41 PM
    I�m over the cool factor of the touchscreen. I need fast, simple, easy and there�s nothing fast simple and easy about typing with one finger. Don�t believe me? Check out all the people in coffee shops with external keyboards hooked up to their iPads.
    Why on earth would you only use 1 finger when using a touch screen I can easily type way quicker on a touchscreen than I ever did on a Berry..and thats not even using Swype..

And trying to compare it to typing on a 10" screen of an ipad? Lame imo..
    01-01-12 10:54 PM
    with such a quick and increased pace of the gadgets by blackberry, there are obvious chances that people will opt for them instead of their iPhones.
    01-01-12 11:47 PM
    Mr.Willie, that leaves apple still responseable for the interfaceing with its devices. The poing being made is you can't use say media player to sync files. Apple isn't worried about their music files being shared. Because when the DRM was dropped it done now. Before that the work around was to burn them to disc. Apple just wants total control in how you use your device. This is the only way they can have complete control.
    I know how to transfer files with a BB. Its an iphone I didn't know about. I refuse to do so. I hate the UI on an iphone. I noticed on my wifes ip4 in settings it had a setting for led notifacation. I thought maybe it had a led.
    I'm not saying iphones are bad. I'm justing saying I don't like em.

momofteme likes this.
    01-02-12 12:05 AM
    Why on earth would you only use 1 finger when using a touch screen I can easily type way quicker on a touchscreen than I ever did on a Berry..and thats not even using Swype..

And trying to compare it to typing on a 10" screen of an ipad? Lame imo..
    That's the thing. Your typing ability on a touchscreen has nothing to do with my ability to type on a keyboard cause my ability to type a virtual keyboard royally sucks.
    The reason there's so many different devices is because there's so many needs and wants.

momofteme likes this.
    01-02-12 12:12 AM
    Apple just wants total control in how you use your device. This is the only way they can have complete control.
    It would be a mistake to underplay the significance of content owners' desires to limit the utility of purchased media files.

\I hate the UI on an iphone. I noticed on my wifes ip4 in settings it had a setting for led notifacation. I thought maybe it had a led.
    It does have an LED; it's next to the camera flash. It's not used the same way a BlackBerry LED is used; in fact, LED notification is used to alert the hearing impaired that something is happening, like when a call comes in.
    13echo4 likes this.
    01-02-12 12:14 AM
    It would be a mistake to underplay the significance of content owners' desires to limit the utility of purchased media files.

It does have an LED; it's next to the camera flash. It's not used the same way a BlackBerry LED is used; in fact, LED notification is used to alert the hearing impaired that something is happening, like when a call comes in.
    Why? Apple is the only company that restricts it's hardware to its control. Countless mp3 and mp4 players, cellphone brands, and smartphones can use as many libaries as wished. Can be interfaced with as little as win explorer.
    Ah I get it. Does the led blink or just stay on for as long as the phone is ringing?
    @

01-02-12 12:27 AM
    As much as I loved my blackberry, those reasons are kinda silly. Though I do agree with her on the full keyboard thing. But the cellphone market is changing, we need a slightly bigger screen and better browsing if Blackberry wants to stay on top. Blackberry was the first amazing smart phone I had *I tossed the iphone that I had in 2007 3 months after using. It was poo*
    01-02-12 12:39 AM
    iCloud also stores your music (I think it's five gigs free) and will send it to your device as needed. (You can playback as it's being downloaded).
    FYI, music does not count against the 5 gigs. I had that confused at first, too.

Apple - iCloud stores your content and pushes it to your devices.

See under "Free gets you a lot." section.
    01-02-12 04:57 AM
    I actually have just one: iTunes.

For as long as the iPhone requires iTunes, I'll never consider it.
    Why is it that you wouldn't consider the iphone because of itunes? ( im honestly curious )
    01-02-12 05:10 AM
    Why is it that you wouldn't consider the iphone because of itunes? ( im honestly curious )
    Because its a horrible interface. It continued get worse with the new versions.
    Yall talking about icloud I've had dropbox on my blackberry for a I know for a year now.

jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    01-02-12 06:43 AM
    Because its a horrible interface. It continued get worse with the new versions.
    Yall talking about icloud I've had dropbox on my blackberry for a I know for a year now.
    iOS has had Dropbox since Sept 29, 2009 and Sugarsync since Aug 28, 2008. What's your point?
    Last edited by sinsin07; 01-02-12 at 07:02 AM.
    01-02-12 06:58 AM
    iOS has had Dropbox since Sept 29, 2009 and Sugarsync since Aug 28, 2008. What's your point?
    Any blackberry could always access dropbox and any other cloud trough the browser, the iphone NEEDS an app, can't do it in the browser.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    01-02-12 07:06 AM
    Any blackberry could always access dropbox and any other cloud trough the browser, the iphone NEEDS an app, can't do it in the browser.
    LOL. Not true. I am logged in right now to Dropbox through Safari. Another myth shot down by facts.

Up until BB OS7, the browser on the BB sucked. Browsing on the BB before that point was painful.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 01-02-12 at 07:16 AM.
    01-02-12 07:10 AM
154 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD