OK, Let me say right up front I am not a hater and really do like my BB. HOWEVER, Why do I have the sinking feeling I am missing something by not following the masses to I-country?? I am an independent thinker but too novice of a tech guy to really know if I have inferior technology. Before you all tell me to get lost, shoot me your 3 best reasons why YOU will stick with BB. I really want to stay since I hate starting over after years getting to know my various Bold phones. Why do I feel slightly embarrassed rolling with my BB?? Is my loyalty misguided?? I fear I am caving and never thought I would....
    02-14-12 04:04 PM
    why the heck would you feel embarrased by rolling with your BB?
    i don't see a point in there, it's you that doesn't know what you want.
    you're making a account to post your story, i guess you were a long time lurker.
    if you are then you should know what BB has to offer and a iphone vice versa.
    you don't need to be loyal, it's up to you to choose for a platform that works out for you.
    nobody tells you to be loyal to one brand, it's your mind playing mind tricks on you.
    since you have tried various bold phones and you come up with this, why don't you try out iphone?
    02-14-12 04:18 PM
    LED light, which is only one part of the great customizeable notification system.

Device size. I've done the 4.3 inch screen thing. Yes, the screen is amazing. But I felt like I was lugging a laptop around (now I DO have a laptop and a Playbook if I want to browse).

Battery life. However, I am still using a 9650 and not a newer BlackBerry. So all I know is MY battery life is great.

Those are my three.

I'm so over trying to use my cell phone to do what I should be doing on a PC or tab. My eyes hurt.

Go get an iPhone. Experience the other half. That's the only way you'll know what important to you in a cell device.

I did the Android thing. I've used the iPhone quite a bit.
    Now, I just want a phone for messaging, phone and email. Not multi media. That's what a tab is for imo.
    02-14-12 04:22 PM
    Our reasons should not matter. What you need to consider is what YOU need your device to do. Then pick the device that best meets YOUR needs.
    02-14-12 04:27 PM
    Phenomenal keyboard - I can type twice as fast and twice as accurately on my BB than a touch screen

Efficiency - all of the shortcuts and other device features makes my communications so much more efficient

Battery life - BB is the only device that can make it through a full work day.
    Chrisy and recompile like this.
    02-14-12 04:33 PM
    I'm sure we could all list 3 or more reasons as to why we stick with BB but your reasoning is what matters most.

I don't understand your embarressment for carrying a BB. Personally, I'm proud to show my mine. It's actually not even something I think about. Does your BB not work for you? If it doesn't than ya, maybe its time to move on. Are there features you feel you're missing out on that are available with other platforms?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to try something different. Maybe you'll find a better fit with the Iphone. Who knows, right? What's the worst that can happen? You'll miss BB and want come back like so many others have or you'll love it and never look back.
    Last edited by up488; 02-14-12 at 06:18 PM.
    02-14-12 05:24 PM
    Why do I feel slightly embarrassed rolling with my BB?? Is my loyalty misguided??

Don't know about you but I have to put a password to stop others touching my phone.
    02-14-12 05:36 PM
    ^i guess you are missing the point my friend.
    02-14-12 05:51 PM
    Why don't we do this...

Why don't you tell us what YOU want to DO with it, then we can (maybe, hopefully) point you in the right direction.
    02-14-12 06:28 PM
    ^i guess you are missing the point my friend.
    Missing the point? Why? The OP said that he's embarrassed to be seen with a bb, in my case I feel proud to be owning a bb even though I can absolutely afford an i. Even people with an i would not stop playing with my bb when I am outside.
    02-14-12 06:56 PM
    yes, to be seen embarrased but not that he needs to put a password on it.
    i wouldn't be embarrassed if others are touching my phone because they are liking it!
    people can still touch your phone if you have passworded it, but you prevent them from seeing your private stuff/content.
    by passwording it, they will most likely leave your phone alone much more faster, because you are making it harder on them.
    02-14-12 07:09 PM
    Iphone and Androids are basically mini-tablets. Why would i buy and iphone when i own a Playbook and soon i will buy an ipad3. Plus i have big hands and i can not do touch screens to type a full out email. I'm all thumbs.
    02-14-12 07:11 PM
    My reasons are that I like it. It does what I want it to. Data compression. Security. And because it is what I choose and I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. I do not feel left behind all though I understand the ones that do so I would love to start seeing "download for your bb/playbook" when I see "download for your iphone or android" so the people that want those thing could have them.
    02-14-12 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD