I was one of the lucky ones. I ordered my Passport on Tuesday and the following Monday I had it in my hands... I want to add that 24 hrs isn't enough time to judge a phone and these are just some first impressions....

Unboxing a phone is always a fun treat. I love getting that first look at a shiny new phone all covered in plastic and the Passport was no different. I saw some posting on-line that showed a HUGE box that the Passport came in. Mine did not. IT was a regular size box with all the regular stuff in it.

First thought was WOW... It's HUGE... It is a very big heavy phone, The quality of the build is evident from the first touch. It is a well made solid piece of equipment. Everything about it feels first class....

Setting it up was a breeze.. all my Social Media accounts and Emails were up in a few care free minutes..

The much talked about Keyboard.... It was not a problem at all... with anything, it will get easier over time but I had no problem keying emails, tweeting and all the daily stuff I do everyday...

The feel in the hand was the first thing that I didn't like.. It was heavy and just didn't seem right. Two handed the phone is perfect.... but I realized yesterday that I use my phone one-handed a lot more than I thought.. One handing the Passport is impossible, just to much Real Estate to cover...

Battery life is SICK.... I was on it constantly from the minute I got it to the minute I fell asleep with it and the needle hardly moved. Yesterday was a good day for a test as I was out of the office and on the go all day and the Passport had no problem keeping up... It had more energy at the end of the day than I did (And it didn't have 4 cups of coffee)... I do have to give Blackberry Blend a lot of credit.. I was in a meeting for about 3 hours and with Blend, I was BBM'ing, answering emails, texting on my Laptop without ever touching the phone. It was great because I HATE being in meetings when everyone has their head down staring at their phone.

Apps?? Didn't have time to get into many, but I found the ones I needed and they were fine..

Camera.. snapped a few test pictures and they were fine... nothing jumped out at me...

Call Quality... Its funny that people don't put call quality on the top of their list when judging a phone...(Because it really is a phone!!) The call quality was loud and clear, speakerphone was great and making calls was easy!!

Overall impression??? Great Phone, Great Software, top line piece of equipment... I think that it has the "Sex Appeal" that any product needs and Blackberry has hit a Home Run with it.... But will I keep it as my daily driver???? I need some more time. I have an Iphone 6+ that I love and does everything that I need a phone to do so I don't know yet....

The size and weight bothers me a little. I want to whip out my phone and snap a picture at my daughters Soccer game.. With the Passport it seems like more of a chore... but that might get better with time...

Overall... I like it..don't overly love it and the Jury has not returned a verdict....
    thekidshop likes this.
    10-29-14 07:25 AM
    Hey, It takes a few days to get used to it, but you are right great phone and battery last forever, I hope you enjoy it as much as do.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    10-29-14 07:34 AM
    Thanks for your initial impressions. Kind of what I'm thinking. Unbeatable work device, maybe not the best leisure device. I would probably get it if it was available on Verizon though - because it would be great for my job.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:51 AM
    Appreciate your thread. Seems very fair and unbiased and I'm sure it adds value to those still considering the device

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 04:21 PM
    Nice first impression review!! Wish I could get my hands on one of those soon!! Did you get the passport wallet style protection?? that would be even more awesome!!

Posted via world class Q10 !!
    10-29-14 04:59 PM
    Nice first impression review!! Wish I could get my hands on one of those soon!! Did you get the passport wallet style protection?? that would be even more awesome!!

Posted via world class Q10 !!
    No, I am still flying naked with it.. Adding anymore bulk to this is scaring me... Plus it looks so cool....
    10-30-14 11:41 AM
    No, I am still flying naked with it.. Adding anymore bulk to this is scaring me... Plus it looks so cool....
    My Q10 is naked and so was my iphone and so was my note. Naked is was nature intended so why fight her?

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-30-14 11:43 AM
    The passport seems fantastic, I've only been able to test it out at a Telus outlet, but even then after a couple sentences of practice typing it was starting to feel natural working around the spacebar and using the virtual keys.

The only thing that's hard to get over is its size, it almost looks obnoxious (as do most 5"+ phones) I feel much more comfortable in public pulling out the Q10 and using it than I did pulling out a Note2, and I feel like the PP would be similar awkwardness, especially in public environments like university. It's a rather vain opinion, but fact is people don't like to stand out, although, I would be honored to be asked about it or hear positive comments. The typical response to the Note was "holy s*** that's huge" or "why?!" so if PP response is better than that, it's winning.

BB for Life
    10-30-14 03:55 PM
    Great review of the Passport. I have had mine for 3 weeks now and love it. I am a woman 5'8" and have no trouble handling this phone with one hand ........ of course for typing you still need 2 hands but for just looking through app's and reading email it is super easy with one hand. BlackBerry Blend is beyond fantastic, I rarely have to pick up my Passport at work all day since all email, BBM and text show up right on my desk top. Crazy efficient. At a glance while working I can see all incoming messages and rate it's importance. So in love with this phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 05:09 PM
    Great reviews

#BBFactCheck
    10-30-14 07:20 PM
    Blend is such an awesome under rated feature, it is so handy at work. I love my passport, only thing I go back to my z10 is one handed browsing at night when I put my son to sleep, have to lie beside him with my back to him so I can use the phone, was way too hard with the passport, for everything else it's been great. The text selection is also much improved in the 10.3. I love typing on the passport, it feels so nice! I could just go on and on typing and typing all day long, it's my first keyboard smartphone, now I know how the original crackberrians must have felt.
    Although in the future, it'd be nice if they did some kind of update where you could select a one hand mode for browsing, i don't know maybe where half the keyboard shows up virtually on top of the actual keyboard, just something like that so you have the option of using one handed the odd time when you need.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 11:01 PM
    Blend is such an awesome under rated feature, it is so handy at work. I love my passport, only thing I go back to my z10 is one handed browsing at night when I put my son to sleep, have to lie beside him with my back to him so I can use the phone, was way too hard with the passport, for everything else it's been great. The text selection is also much improved in the 10.3. I love typing on the passport, it feels so nice! I could just go on and on typing and typing all day long, it's my first keyboard smartphone, now I know how the original crackberrians must have felt.
    Although in the future, it'd be nice if they did some kind of update where you could select a one hand mode for browsing, i don't know maybe where half the keyboard shows up virtually on top of the actual keyboard, just something like that so you have the option of using one handed the odd time when you need.

Posted via CB10
    Try typing on one of the legacy devices like the 9900 or bold 9000. Keyboard is even better. Absolutely awesome. I have a 9000 I still keep my personal info in that's not connected to Wifi or wireless service. I love typing on it. And it's a gorgeous phone. Much better looking than the Q10

24 hrs with the BlackBerry Passport-img_20141026_082630.jpg

Attachment 310920
    10-31-14 06:14 AM