hello my fellow CrackBerrians,

my company has announced that they will be discontinuing the BlackBerry Enterprise Server relationship so if i would like to continue to get my Outlook e-mail, contacts and calendar on my mobile device i have to trade in my BlackBerry Bold 9900 for any other smart phone becuase our company will be using the Sync feature on the Exchange Server. i heard on the CrackBerry podcast at CES 2012 on Monday night that Kevin made mention that there is a possiblity for BlackBerry devices to get corporate e-mails through an Exchange Server and not need BES or BES Express. has anyone else heard anything about not needing a BES relationship to get corporate e-mails?

i really don't want to give up my Bold 9900. i should add our company allows us to use our personal devices for corporate e-mails.
    Last edited by thelink74; 01-11-12 at 04:10 PM. Reason: add info
    01-11-12 04:08 PM
    My company made the same decision and I found the following website. My company won't approve it because it will not force the use of a device password to unlock, but it does deliver corporate email and allows for remote wiping.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Management Center to Manage & Protect BlackBerry Smartphones Remotely - US

EDIT: Never mind...I just saw that it is designed for hosted email solutions.
    Last edited by gkl; 01-11-12 at 04:33 PM.
    01-11-12 04:21 PM
    I use exchange with BES. Only problems with calender and contacts but emails works fine.
    You only need the OWA data.
    01-11-12 05:16 PM
    Well my fellow CrackBerrians I can say that with OS2.0 the only way to get Active Sync working for emails, contacts and calendar was with me being on my VPN for emails to come and go from PlayBook. This will do until BB10 devices come out later this year. Oh and I do have OWA on my 9900 when the PlayBook is out of wifi range
    02-23-12 10:04 PM
    I access mine through BIS and OWA on bb and sync through my iphone. Does your company offer OWA access? the BIS is not as fast as the BES, but it's better than nothing.
    02-23-12 10:10 PM
    Gee does your IT Department know about the free BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange?
    02-24-12 01:07 AM
    Gee does your IT Department know about the free BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange?
    Unfortunately my company is moving our server duties to an offside company and that company does not support BesX even though we asked. My CEO does not own a BlackBerry so he's not pushing the issue...
    02-24-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD