Ok I've looked everywhere for this but couldn't exactly find the answer. I have a 200 MB data plan and I wanted to know if I could use the facebook app and the blackberry messenger. I use the blackberry messenger everyday a constant user. And I want to be signed in to the facebook app also. Will 200 mb be enough for the bbm and the facebook app? and also if i wanted to use gtalk? thanks in advance
    09-17-11 02:51 AM
    Ok I've looked everywhere for this but couldn't exactly find the answer. I have a 200 MB data plan and I wanted to know if I could use the facebook app and the blackberry messenger. I use the blackberry messenger everyday a constant user. And I want to be signed in to the facebook app also. Will 200 mb be enough for the bbm and the facebook app? and also if i wanted to use gtalk? thanks in advance
    As long as you don't stream media 200mb is enough. There is a free app to monitor your usage called Telicost.
    danishAhmed likes this.
    09-17-11 06:54 AM
    200 megs is plenty without streaming video or music. Our family has 3 phones on a similar plan and we all do fine. Another free data monitor is e-office mobile - Mobile Data Alerter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    danishAhmed likes this.
    09-17-11 07:53 AM
    For BBM text 200mb is more then what you can use..
    Facebook, well it's not so good any way if used too much so if you use it just here and there - without videos it will be OK.
    Remember that Videos, Music and pictures (in this order) it's what using the data at most.
    danishAhmed likes this.
    09-17-11 07:57 AM
    You'll probably break around 100MB tops
    danishAhmed likes this.
    09-17-11 09:39 AM
    I have on average 50BBM conversations going a day, as long as pictures and files are not shared I top out about 1-2MB per day, mix in about 100 txt based emails a day and that climbs to 2-4MB per day.

Heavy usage days that I am not surfing and just BBM/email/twitter with moderate image/file sharing/attachments I maintain 5-7MB per day so a 200MB account over 31 days you might JUST break if your usage is like mine with that respect.

IF your device is wifi enabled and you use wifi whenever you can you can drop that significantly. When I am traveling I keep a very consistent 2MB per day.

I barely Break 1GB of data in a month even with streaming content and downloading/sending lots of files thanks to wifi
    danishAhmed likes this.
    09-17-11 10:04 AM
    I run fb 24/7 get maybe 15 emails a day,run pandora 4 hours a week and a little web surfing and the most i ever used was340mb
    danishAhmed likes this.
    09-17-11 11:36 PM
    Thanks everyone... This really helps me too!
    danishAhmed likes this.
    09-18-11 03:05 AM
    I rarely hit my 200 MB plan. I usually get alerts stating I have used up 65% or 95% at most. I went over it One time and that is because I was at my Brother's and I didn't know how to connect to his WIFI at first so I was using my 3G. It doesn't really bother me with the texting because I have unlimited. Right now checking my Text usage I'm at 5,674 of unlimited.
    danishAhmed likes this.
    09-18-11 02:36 PM
    Thanks a lot guys. This was really helpful! I use only BBM nowadays. I never send images but receive them sometimes which I can't really help. Facebook I just need for the notifications and replying to them and not refreshing it or anything like that. Gtalk sometimes. I'm using the new 9900 its really user friendly for a blackberry user. Once again thanks a lot guy
    09-23-11 05:22 AM
    For BBM text 200mb is more then what you can use..
    Facebook, well it's not so good any way if used too much so if you use it just here and there - without videos it will be OK.
    Remember that Videos, Music and pictures (in this order) it's what using the data at most.
    What if I use the facebook app only for notifications and replying to them and never refresh the news feed?
    09-23-11 05:25 AM
    I thought BBM uses BIS data and doesn't touch any of the 200 mb, thus it being free??

I have unlimited BIS data though.
    09-23-11 05:29 AM
    All data except counts towards that 200MB unless you are on WiFi.
    09-23-11 07:47 AM
    I receive and send out between 20-50 emails a day, a few BBM conversations and stream Pandora for anywhere from 3-10 hours a week. The most I have ever seen on my bill is 175MB.
    09-23-11 08:15 AM
    On a larger screened device with more capabilities (Torch 9810, 9850) I can see myself doing more than 2 Gigs a month. When I had my Bold I was doing over 20MB a day, which is average over 600MB a month. That's as a second device with no decent media capabilities in the browser, etc. The new BBs are much better. If T-Mobile had a full touch Torch, I'd prolly have gotten one and turned my other line off, and I'd be using like 2G or more a month easily. The way they roll out their products really burned me this time around, I'm sad to say...
    Last edited by N8ter; 09-23-11 at 08:34 AM.
    09-23-11 08:31 AM
    On a larger screened device with more capabilities (Torch 9810, 9850) I can see myself doing more than 2 Gigs a month. When I had my Bold I was doing over 20MB a day, which is average over 600MB a month. That's as a second device with no decent media capabilities in the browser, etc. The new BBs are much better. If T-Mobile had a full touch Torch, I'd prolly have gotten one and turned my other line off, and I'd be using like 2G or more a month easily. The way they roll out their products really burned me this time around, I'm sad to say...
    That's a lot, here's my usage this month and mine is always in my hand, streamed some youtube and bbm music too. Also downloaded a 40mb podcast out of that.
    09-23-11 08:47 AM
    mine has only 50 mb plan,lol very small,but its unlimit on bbm , facebook, twitter, and email so
    50 mb is enough for me to use other apps that count on internet eg. four square,whatsapp and other and some internet surfing,video,music streaming i do it on wifi
    09-23-11 09:16 AM
    You should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD