That's what this article is forecasting. From 72 million to 20 million in one year. If that forecast turns out to be accurate it would be devasting and I wonder if they would continue with handsets and just focus on BES.
    BlackBerry's Enterprise Business Still Has Significant Value - Forbes
    10-22-13 01:34 AM
    Wow

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 01:43 AM
    72 million to 20 million if all current blackberry users up an leave for another phone.
    And at if hits just 20 million I think they be thinking about getting the 52 million users back.
    10-22-13 01:51 AM
    MAybe then, MAYBE, I mean MAYBE would the marketing team wake the f*** up.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    10-22-13 01:53 AM
    To clarify, that is 20,000 enterprise customers and not including any die hard consumer BB fans who don't switch.
    10-22-13 01:59 AM
    Can u imagine 10 of those 20 with BB10?
    10-22-13 03:12 AM
    72 million to 20 million if all current blackberry users up an leave for another phone.
    And at if hits just 20 million I think they be thinking about getting the 52 million users back.
    That was before blackberry released bbmx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-22-13 04:24 AM
    Losing 50M subscribers in one years seems a bit unrealistic to me. Most people wait until their contracts are up to buy a new phone. Sure there are always those who are willing to pay full price for a new phone, but that isn't the majority. To even say that 50M out of 72M contracts are up seems a bit high. I would expect the number to be closer to half or about 36M. Not every subscriber is going to jump ship either. I'd day it's more likely they could lose 20M than be left with 20M in one year.
    10-22-13 08:44 AM
    Agreed. People may be leaving, be that as it may, but there are multiple year sla contracts and such - losing that many subs in a go is too much.

I hope.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    10-22-13 09:36 AM
    Some may not care about contracts if they don't feel the service will be around.
    10-22-13 11:41 AM
    . So far the negative nellies have been right a lot more times that the die hard supporters. Until the ownershp and market direction situation is resolved, the level of marketplace hemorage is extremely unpredicatable. Such subsciber levels are quite possible.

With the company in silent mode and largely ignoring the market, we all have to sit a wait for the winds of fate to take BBerry down it's yet to be revealed path
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-22-13 11:56 AM
    Losing 50M subscribers in one years seems a bit unrealistic to me. Most people wait until their contracts are up to buy a new phone. Sure there are always those who are willing to pay full price for a new phone, but that isn't the majority. To even say that 50M out of 72M contracts are up seems a bit high. I would expect the number to be closer to half or about 36M. Not every subscriber is going to jump ship either. I'd day it's more likely they could lose 20M than be left with 20M in one year.
    It's quite the opposite actually. Most of BlackBerry's users now are in emerging markets. In those markets, the vast majority of phone services sold are pre-paid and not on contract. Pre-paid service means no discounts on phone equipment.

That said though, I suspect losing 50 million users in a year is a bit unrealistic. Most people in emerging markets don't really upgrade their phones every two years. They use them until they break.
    10-22-13 12:20 PM
    It's quite the opposite actually. Most of BlackBerry's users now are in emerging markets. In those markets, the vast majority of phone services sold are pre-paid and not on contract. Pre-paid service means no discounts on phone equipment.

That said though, I suspect losing 50 million users in a year is a bit unrealistic. Most people in emerging markets don't really upgrade their phones every two years. They use them until they break.
    True but a majority of blackberry legacy users utilize a secondary device, usually an android or an iPhone.

10-23-13 12:04 AM
    True but a majority of blackberry legacy users utilize a secondary device, usually an android or an iPhone.

Not only is that not true, its not logical. Maybe you have majority and minority mixed up?
    10-23-13 12:45 PM
    Not only is that not true, its not logical. Maybe you have majority and minority mixed up?
    Its true and it's very logical.

Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-23-13 02:46 PM
    Posted via CB10 - Z10 since day 1
    10-23-13 05:57 PM