Call it whatever you may, but at least now we know which apps are nut-job-Android ports from the BlackBerry 10 Experience ones. I may be wrong, but the day Mr. Heins set a goal of 100,000 apps expected, that most of it were ported from Android--I've seen 20% 30% to even 70%.

I got no numbers to back anything, but in the long run any platform running with Android is asking for trouble

+2 Points for BlackBerry Bringing Us Awareness-img_00000044.jpg
    04-11-13 04:28 PM
    That doesn't differentiate between native and android apps. That stamp is given to SOME apps that meet certain criteria. They are the best of the best type thing basically.
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-11-13 04:40 PM
    So what does it mean exactly? What criterion are they referring to?
    04-11-13 04:52 PM
    04-11-13 05:10 PM
    Good find. I was searching myself. So my guess was right. There it says:

"These include IDEs or Frameworks that will compile an application that runs as an AIR, Native or WebWorks based BlackBerry 10 application.

Android applications, web launchers, simple apps that mobilize content with RSS feeds, flashlight apps, etc. are not eligible for the Built for BlackBerry program."

Hallelujah! BB10 has just been saved.
    04-11-13 05:28 PM
    The Built for BlackBerry program is a joke. The criteria mean nothing. There is no recourse for most denied apps, there is no feedback from the BFB "team", they don't even reply to emails. BFB is a PR stunt by BlackBerry in an attempt to try and show the world that they have some good apps. In reality they've just ticked off a bunch of devs and mislead consumers. Consumers will look at the BFB list on BB World and judge non BFB apps as not being of great quality, as some posters in this thread have already fallen into that trap.

Seriously BFB is terrible.
    howarmat and KermEd like this.
    04-11-13 05:54 PM
    The Built for BlackBerry program is a joke. The criteria mean nothing. There is no recourse for most denied apps, there is no feedback from the BFB "team", they don't even reply to emails. BFB is a PR stunt by BlackBerry in an attempt to try and show the world that they have some good apps. In reality they've just ticked off a bunch of devs and mislead consumers. Consumers will look at the BFB list on BB World and judge non BFB apps as not being of great quality, as some posters in this thread have already fallen into that trap.

from what i have seen in a few threads i would agree. Many good devs tried many times to get feedback and were met with silence for the most part
    04-11-13 06:01 PM
    It's not worth it.

I build my apps specifically for BlackBerry. And I will never send an app through that program.

It's nothing but trouble.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:44 PM

Speaking of..... I'm still waiting for my refund for that surprise app of yours. I had to email you 6 times because it kept bouncing back saying your mailbox was full. The 6th time it didn't bounce back.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-11-13 07:07 PM
    Refunds can be grabbed from [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:14 PM
    Refunds can be grabbed from [email protected]

Posted via CB10

+2 Points for BlackBerry Bringing Us Awareness-img_00000879.png

04-11-13 07:23 PM
    Speaking of..... I'm still waiting for my refund for that surprise app of yours. I had to email you 6 times because it kept bouncing back saying your mailbox was full. The 6th time it didn't bounce back.
    Apologies, yes I've had some issues with my mail server. Please resend again and I'll respond within 24h. Thanks
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-11-13 07:27 PM
    Apologies, yes I've had some issues with my mail server. Please resend again and I'll respond within 24h. Thanks
    Thanks. I'll do it now.

04-11-13 07:36 PM
    Would you guys change your view on BFB if the program was altered?
    I think this would be a great question for Alec, in the interview on Friday.
    If not even a question, just feedback?
    04-11-13 08:07 PM
    Would you guys change your view on BFB if the program was altered?
    I think this would be a great question for Alec, in the interview on Friday.
    If not even a question, just feedback?
    Great question....

I probably wouldn't. There are a few companies with this type of program. LG and Panasonic do the same thing.

I would submit to a program that is a lesser version. The problem with B4B is they want things like BBM integration. And I disagree BBM integration should be added to something like my wysiwyg html editor.

And it also adds months onto your release time. So months without income from the app.

But I'm sure it's good for some apps. Maybe bigger developers are interested in it. It's not meant for little developers. And most BFB only got through due to escalations through Alec and such.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:30 PM