I have 2 Blackberry Storms 9500s, and supposedly they are unlocked, they came from a friend that works at rim and I am trying to get them to work on my business account through telus, but when I went to check to see if they are unlocked:

under options>advanced options> sim card> type mepd> and then under each setting

SIM; unknown

Network unknown

Network subset unknown

Service Provider unknown

Corporate; unknown

What does this mean?
    02-23-11 06:21 PM
    First of all any Blackberry Storm devices will not work on the Telus network, unless it is a 9530 or 9550 with the ESN or MEID registered in Telus' system already.

The Telus HSPA SIM will not work in the Storm as Telus does not run a EDGE network; only a 3G HSPA network. The storm devices are not 3G capable unfortunately with a SIM. These Storm devices will only be good on Fido or Rogers in Canada.

Not exactly sure what those settings mean saying unknown.
    02-23-11 06:24 PM
    Sounds like they are Europe versions (9500 and 9520) as Rogers and Fido do not carry them. Like aznlgcy said they will only work with those 2 carriers. Your best bet would be to sell it or give it back to your friend if you are not interested in using them on Rogers or Fido.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD