For some reason,,,,, I don't know why I have two email accounts on my BB Curve.

They both seem to get the same emails. One is listed only as "messages" and the other one has the same name as my email address.

How do I get rid of one of these and which one should I get rid of?

Thx
    Mike
    Last edited by pegs; 02-02-09 at 07:37 PM. Reason: omitted a word
    02-02-09 07:35 PM
    do you have gmail ?
    02-02-09 07:37 PM
    no gmail accounts.
    02-02-09 07:39 PM
    Each e-mail address has its own icon that the emails for that specific account go into. The "Messages" folder is for all of your e-mail accounts, if you had more than one. In your case, you can just hide the icon that has your e-mail address.
    02-02-09 07:40 PM
    are you talking about two folders?

blackberry has a "messages" folder, which houses all messages received, be it email, sms, and if you set it to it, blackberry messenger messages.

you have a separate inbox (which when you highlight it should say your email address) for email messages.

when you click the new message on one folder, does the "new" asterisk disappear from the other folder as well?
    02-02-09 07:41 PM
    I get a lot of emails.... Since they both are the same... doesn't that take up twice as much space?
    02-02-09 07:42 PM
    I get a lot of emails.... Since they both are the same... doesn't that take up twice as much space?
    Think of them as "links". There is only one message on your device, but two ways to get to it.
    02-02-09 07:42 PM
    are you talking about two folders?

blackberry has a "messages" folder, which houses all messages received, be it email, sms, and if you set it to it, blackberry messenger messages.

you have a separate inbox (which when you highlight it should say your email address) for email messages.

when you click the new message on one folder, does the "new" asterisk disappear from the other folder as well?
    One folder is "messages" folder... the other folder has my email address on it.

If I open the messages folder the red asterick goes away on both
    02-02-09 07:43 PM
    The Message folder on a BlackBerry is always present and cannot be deleted. By default it contains all your messages: incoming and outgoiing, texts and phone logs. It can be highly configured to chsnge those defaults.

But it will always get all your email messages from all your accounts. And every email account has its own icon as well, so messages appear in both folders. Best thing to do if you find it annoying is to hide it. Highlight icon > MenuKey > Hide

Edit: Wow, several people slid in ahead of me while I was typing, or maybe I didn't refresh the wap scren. Fortunately we kinda have the same thing to say :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 02-02-09 at 07:48 PM.
    02-02-09 07:44 PM
    thanks

Appreciate all the help
    02-02-09 07:45 PM
    Think of them as "links". There is only one message on your device, but two ways to get to it.
    This makes a lot of sense... i was wondering about how much space all those messages were taking up too!
    I've got three e-mail addresses set up on my curve right now... plus Gtalk and BBM, and twitter.... which i use WAAAAY too much!
    I have this *hobby* of finding as many ways as possible to send a message!
    02-02-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD