Two days ago switched to an iPhone 5s from a Z30. Didn't want to do it but if you saw my previous post somehow my HUB got corrupted deleting everything.

I picked up an iPhone 5s and the comparison can be summed up in two simple statements.

1) Z30 is superior in every way shape and form, hands down. Problem is there are not enough people with BB10 devices to take advantage of this.

2) iPhone 5s while inferior, is quite nice, feature rich, and overall a solid phone. Having some trouble with the small keyboard, but will get use or it. Things like AirPrint and AirDrop are pretty neat.

I still have my work issue Q10 on BES so I'm not BlackBerry less. I'm looking forward to hearing back from BlackBerry support and hopefully getting Z30 up and running again.

Apple has not won me over and never will, but it is a solid backup while I work things out on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    smart548, kbz1960, sharma6 and 9 others like this.
    03-04-14 01:54 AM
    Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Z30 and hope you get things sorted out as soon as possible. You shouldn't have to take a step back to use a functional phone, no matter how shiny that phone is.
    03-04-14 02:37 AM
    Two days ago switched to an iPhone 5s from a Z30. Didn't want to do it but if you saw my previous post somehow my HUB got corrupted deleting everything.

I picked up an iPhone 5s and the comparison can be summed up in two simple statements.

1) Z30 is superior in every way shape and form, hands down. Problem is there are not enough people with BB10 devices to take advantage of this.

2) iPhone 5s while inferior, is quite nice, feature rich, and overall a solid phone. Having some trouble with the small keyboard, but will get use or it. Things like AirPrint and AirDrop are pretty neat.

I still have my work issue Q10 on BES so I'm not BlackBerry less. I'm looking forward to hearing back from BlackBerry support and hopefully getting Z30 up and running again.

Apple has not won me over and never will, but it is a solid backup while I work things out on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Lets hope you will soon be up and running again, a completely understandable adjustment. Will you post "support" answer, for those of us who have had a similar experience please.
    03-04-14 03:04 AM
    Lets hope you will soon be up and running again, a completely understandable adjustment. Will you post "support" answer, for those of us who have had a similar experience please.
    For sure...Bla1ze was passing info along was a strange occurrence. If you search for "Woke up to a completely" thread you'll see the mess.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 03:37 AM
    iOS is a well built , rock solid platform. I am sure BB 10 will become stable too over a period of time. It's just been a year in the market

BTW, I switched back to my iPhone 5 from Z10 and no regrets though I miss HUB and Active Frames from BB 10 platform
    bbq10l, wincyUt and jcordova2819 like this.
    03-04-14 03:43 AM
    Does BB10 have a feature like Airprint?
    03-04-14 04:31 AM
    Sooo....
    What are you going to do with that z30...
    I'd be interested in buying if you don't mind shipping to Canada... just saying.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 08:45 AM
    So far my 2 BB Z30 s are without any issues.
    Awesome device.
    CerveloJohn and twirlyboy like this.
    03-04-14 10:53 AM
    We have 20 bb10 devices on bes 10.2 with exchange 2010 (2003 previously) and I have not seen the issue u experienced. Sounds like that sucked.

What email account / protocols were us using?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 11:06 AM
    Been with this Z10 for a few months now but, although I got an iPad and can use iMessage there, I really miss it on my phone. :-(

Posted via Z10
    03-04-14 11:15 AM
    Been with this Z10 for a few months now but, although I got an iPad and can use iMessage there, I really miss it on my phone. :-(

Posted via Z10
    Get on BBM. IMessage will look pretty weak in comparison.

AirDrop is the most ridiculous feature ever. It's basic functionality and reveals a lot about Apple in terms of how they innovate - they don't, at least not in the realm of technology. Their marketing is very good though.

AirPrint... meh, I'll email it to my printer in the extremely rare event that I want to print something from my phone.

I feel sorry for OP using that crud after having a taste of the good stuff.
    CerveloJohn and zyphen like this.
    03-04-14 11:47 AM
    For printing from my BlackBerry straight to my wifi printer, I use PrintHand. This is the only solution I've found that does not require your computer to handle to actual print job sent from the phone. It also does not require your printer to have and email address to se.d the job to. My Epson wifi printer does not support print to email.

Flicked out via Zed10
    03-04-14 12:19 PM
    Does BB10 have a feature like Airprint?
    If AirPrint is a feature that lets you print via WiFi or Bluetooth to printers, I'm not sure... but BlackBerry DOES have something better: Print from your computer directly to your BlackBerry 10 device as a PDF... so if you're like me and begrudgingly print anything on paper at all only because someone ELSE demands paper, having a way to send documents directly to my phone as PDFs is awesome.

Print To Go. By BlackBerry Ltd; download the printer driver from blackberry.com and install the app on your BB handheld.
    03-04-14 03:22 PM
    If AirPrint is a feature that lets you print via WiFi or Bluetooth to printers, I'm not sure... but BlackBerry DOES have something better: Print from your computer directly to your BlackBerry 10 device as a PDF... so if you're like me and begrudgingly print anything on paper at all only because someone ELSE demands paper, having a way to send documents directly to my phone as PDFs is awesome.

Print To Go. By BlackBerry Ltd; download the printer driver from blackberry.com and install the app on your BB handheld.
    Ya I tried Print To Go but it needs your computer to manage the print job....i found PrintHand allows direct from phone to wifi printer, no pc needed. I use it a lot.

Flicked out via Zed10
    Attachment 252773
    03-04-14 03:33 PM
    Sorry to hear the tough decision you had to make ... Btw, how are you enjoying the 'home' button?
    anon6040766 likes this.
    03-04-14 03:33 PM
    Can't wait till the end of this year/beginning of next when people can no longer use the term "struggling" in regards to BlackBerry. Stock has done nothing but rise since the end of last year. Updates, partnerships, expansions, adoptions are all rising as well.
    Hopefully they can release a product that'll make people forget about the last 4-5 years. I am intrigued by the q20

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    03-04-14 04:25 PM
    Can't wait till the end of this year/beginning of next when people can no longer use the term "struggling" in regards to BlackBerry. Stock has done nothing but rise since the end of last year. Updates, partnerships, expansions, adoptions are all rising as well.
    The end of last year was only two months ago, need more time to evaluate where the stock is going.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-04-14 04:33 PM
    Get a Q10 you will love it and real BlackBerry devices have keyboards.
    acovey likes this.
    03-04-14 04:33 PM
    Hopefully they can release a product that'll make people forget about the last 4-5 years. I am intrigued by the q20

I am too. It has the potential to be what people have really wanted from Blackberry for a long time. Just have to see the price they feel it is worth to determine if I would look at it seriously.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-04-14 04:36 PM
    I am too. It has the potential to be what people have really wanted from Blackberry for a long time. Just have to see the price they feel it is worth to determine if I would look at it seriously.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Yeah, that's exactly why I'm intrigued by it. Hopefully Chen and crew don't mess up and release a half baked product.

TgeekB likes this.
    03-04-14 04:45 PM
    Apple's marketing is very innovative, and that's what most people buy. Apple is proving that you can sell turds if your marketing is slick enough.

By the way, I've used a lot of Apple products -- including the original iPhone -- over the years and still use a MacBook. At this point, they're coasting on past success. Makes me a bit sad.

BlackBerry spent their wad on engineering, not PR and marketing. That was their biggest mistake.
    I've never had an apple device so I can't speak for them but blackberry didn't innovate or modernise for 3 years. They got soft, lazy, complacent and arrogant - their demise is right up there with the worst in history. There is Nothing to crow about.
    TgeekB and Djlatino like this.
    03-04-14 05:01 PM
    For printing from my BlackBerry straight to my wifi printer, I use PrintHand. This is the only solution I've found that does not require your computer to handle to actual print job sent from the phone. It also does not require your printer to have and email address to se.d the job to. My Epson wifi printer does not support print to email.

Flicked out via Zed10
    What modlel Epson printer do you have? Is it an old generation model?
    I have two epsons and on Epson WP 4530 I can either print directly to it via the printer's email address (which btw you change the email address to "whatever suits you"@print.epsonconnect.com) or by downloading Epson app from SNAP etc, then set it up on the same wifi network as your router.
    03-04-14 05:05 PM
    I've never had an apple device so I can't speak for them but blackberry didn't innovate or modernise for 3 years. They got soft, lazy, complacent and arrogant - their demise is right up there with the worst in history. There is Nothing to crow about.
    Please I am not picking on you but I can't help asking you if you are an ex-BlackBerry employee or you lost tons of money on BBRY stocks? . Just curious.
    03-04-14 05:10 PM
    Please I am not picking on you but I can't help asking you if you are an ex-BlackBerry employee or you lost tons of money on BBRY stocks? . Just curious.
    I'm just a frustrated engineer who hates to see something great ruined by **** poor management.
    Simple as that, no axe to grind, no money lost.
    dazzleaj and andy957 like this.
    03-04-14 05:28 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    @TgeekB
    Just curious. First of all the Nexus series are very good machines from what I have seen. A few questions if you don't mind:
    1 - Were you a BB phone user in the past?
    2 - Are you looking to replace one or both of your devices and why?
    3 - What is the primary reason for your curiosity with the q20 (or maybe a z30) over what you are using now?
    For a lot of people it is just wanting to try something different and that is fine. Just wondering and not trying to bait you. I am still on the old Torch maybe because I am old, stubborn and set in my ways
    acovey and dazzleaj like this.
    03-04-14 05:39 PM
130 123 ...