I have a BB Storm (previously 8820)on Vodafone in the UK. Quite happy with it apart from the glitches of slowness etc..

Anyway, I am moving to a new office with work and we aren't allowed phones in the office which have a camera on.

If I get a 'spare' BB for use in the office and put my SIM in from my Storm, could I still download emails / texts etc and then move the SIM back ?

Would this cause any problems ? I'd like to keep as much info as possible between the 2 phones if at all possible.

Which BB phone would you recommend without camera ?

Any help would be great

Cheerz
    03-09-09 02:21 PM
    Yes it can work, but it's a hair more complicated. You'll need to go to the BIS site and switch the PIN's there each time, but it's easy enough to do.
    03-09-09 02:41 PM
    lol this reminded me of a bad video when i first read it... i couldn't stop laughing... but yeah he gave you the answere :-P
    03-09-09 02:43 PM
    lol quizno eww 2 girls 1 cup lmao

Well you can sync all your emails. if bbm isnt a problem then dont worry about switching pins.
    03-09-09 05:06 PM
    Just buy a Bold and buy a battery case that doesn't have the hole for the camera. No one will know and you'll have a better device to boot!
    03-09-09 08:07 PM
    Hmmm. Now that may be an option! Is there a case (I currently have thr 'jelly' one on my stom
    ) that would cover up the camera and flash on the storm?

I take it there is for the bold.

Bb messenger wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 09:34 AM
    I'd be careful with hidden camera. Anyone who could look/inspect your phone where you can't have a camera can make you look like a suspect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 01:06 PM
    I know battery covers without the camera holes are out there, couldn't point you in any particular direction though as I've never had a need.

If you're working for your government's defense department/ministry I probably wouldn't try and sneak it by them as it's likely on the list of things they check. you'll know your employer's own security best though. You could always remove the camera module from the phone as well...

otherwise, the 87xx and 88xx series BBs don't have cameras.
    03-10-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD