Oh wait, yes they can.

Having strung PB owners along for the past two years and still neither confirming or denying that Herr Heins promise the BB10 was coming to the PB, yesterday proved that BBRY has still learned nlthing about customer retention or consumer goodwill.

Well it's a pretty good bet that a vast majority of PB owners will notconsider purchasing another BBRY device because BBRY can't be trusted to deliver.

I call liar.

Admins - please dont move this to the PB forums so that it can dissapear.

Cheers
    05-15-13 01:44 AM
    First priority is to put out the new devices and improve the system running on them. Period.
    If that is done, the PlayBook will get BB10. A lot of work has to be done as a lot of features / UI just don't make sense on a tablet.
    I can wait, I'm OK with my PlayBook so far.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    05-15-13 01:50 AM
    I'm OK with my PlayBook so far.
    Fair enough, as am I - but as a company it's bad business to promise something you either :

A. can't deliver
    or
    B. won't deliver

Personally, I think BBRY dangled the BB10 to PB carrot to shift the old obsolete stock they had on the books to boost the balance sheet.

But hey 'that's the BBRY way'
    richardat likes this.
    05-15-13 02:13 AM
    The playbook is an awesome device as it is right now, they said BB10 coming, patience...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:27 AM
    Let the os reach its maturity first. Applying the immature os on playbook is a waste of time. It's just another problem to fix bug. I'm sure there should be bugs on it.

BlackBerry already said, it's better to fix one thing at a time. It doesn't matter how long does it take as long as the result is better and problems are fixed.

Btw, don't get yourself spoiled.

Posted via (CB)
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    05-15-13 02:36 AM
    First priority is to put out the new devices and improve the system running on them. Period.
    If that is done, the PlayBook will get BB10. A lot of work has to be done as a lot of features / UI just don't make sense on a tablet.

Thi is OK and understandable! But then they can also explain this in clear words to their customers...Saying nothing will scare customers away because of dissapointments and frustration as explained by uncle_numpty!
    SEAWARRIOR and richardat like this.
    05-15-13 03:12 AM
    Oh wait, yes they can.

Having strung PB owners along for the past two years and still neither confirming or denying that Herr Heins promise the BB10 was coming to the PB, yesterday proved that BBRY has still learned nlthing about customer retention or consumer goodwill.

Well it's a pretty good bet that a vast majority of PB owners will notconsider purchasing another BBRY device because BBRY can't be trusted to deliver.

I call liar.

Cheers
    You still haven't learned yet that promises are made to be broken. With the BlackBerry road map showing there will be a new playbook out this year it's likely that BlackBerry has stopped all development on the old device to focus on the next generation devices. You can whine and cry all you'll like but business is business and promises are always made to be broken in business and government!

You have to learn to live with it!
    05-15-13 08:04 AM
    I'm having mixed feelings on this BB10 on the PlayBook thing.

I believe Bla1ze had a great point in the CB Live podcast, BlackBerry might as well just update the name of the PlayBook OS.

I don't think I need the HUB on my PB, I have me Z10 for that. I like the way my PB functions now.

I will say with all of the announcements for more "intergration" in the developer tools; there should be some integration for apps for BB10 to also work on the PB. (or is that just a way of me saying "Bring BB10 to the PlayBook!" *shrugh*)

ah well.
    mapperav likes this.
    05-15-13 08:13 AM
    Oh wait, yes they can.

I call liar.

Cheers
    I think the only customers that are even remotely aware that their pb may be getting bb10 are the ones that frequent this site. The other vast majority that have no idea about this, the point is moot with them. It's not like bbry sent out emails to everyone stating this. They are either happy with their current device or moved on.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 08:25 AM
    I'm not sure what "vast majority" you're referring to but I know you sure as heck don't speak for me or any of the BlackBerry users I know. Speaking for myself only, although I have spoken with other BB users I know and they are all in agreeance, I will continue to purchase BlackBerry devices and use them for as long as they are made.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-15-13 08:30 AM
    You still haven't learned yet that promises are made to be broken. With the BlackBerry road map showing there will be a new playbook out this year it's likely that BlackBerry has stopped all development on the old device to focus on the next generation devices. You can whine and cry all you'll like but business is business and promises are always made to be broken in business and government!

lets theorize your right, how many current PB owners that have been stung by this lack of update (again we are just using this as an example) would you estimate would buy another BB tablet?

Also bear in mind its not just BB10, there was the whole launch thing with email (60 days, remember?), and we still don't have BBM for it even when BBM is coming to other platforms!
    05-15-13 08:31 AM
    I have a Playbook, my wife has one and my daughter has one. We love the Playbook. The liar is the guy that said "why put a camera on it, it would be like taking a picture with a clipboard" even though they already had a slot for one on the iPad1. The other lie was "The 7" tablet is dead. Mark my words" and then came out with basically one of their own.
    The liar is the one that is being sued by the Justice Department for price fixing e-books at the expense of people that trusted them.

BlackBerry is my favorite smartphone. Period. The reviews from users are great for a reason. Wait till the Q10 comes out. It is going to be a home run.
    05-15-13 08:32 AM
    I'm sorry, so you think that BB10 on the PB should supercede every other thing BB has planned? They said it's coming, nobody knows their launch schedule, so chill. It will come when BB has decided it will. For now, enjoy the great products and services they are providing and unveiling weekly.
    05-15-13 03:10 PM

Thank goodness BlackBerry has faithful lemmings like you to keep them in business...paying their high priced F1 advertising contracts and celebrities. Since you seem to not care too much, want to buy a 32 GB PlayBook? It's in mint condition.
    05-15-13 03:15 PM
    I have several Playbooks, including my first one that I paid the original price for a 64GB($599) I'm still quite happy with the functionality it provides. Yes there could be more apps, there could be more, but in reality it does what I wanted it to do. Provide me with a useful tablet like tool that has some cool features, I expected it was a new development and knew that it would be a work in progress. When BB10 or whatever comes out for the PB it will just be a bonus. I'm thrilled at that prospect. BBRY has not stated when it will come out. they seem to be doing what is right for the platform and the company to me.
    stevepar likes this.
    05-15-13 03:19 PM
    I'm in agreement with the majority here. Putting OS10 on the PB is the last thing BlackBerry needs to be worried about.

The now have 3devices with a fourth in the way, maybe 5th of the S10 pans out. They need to put all their focus on those and build and perfect them.

One of the big reasons's BlackBerry hit such a slump is because Mike and Jim were balancing way to many things at once, IMO. TH and his team have lazer vision and are right on target and will stay on target.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:31 PM
    - Many PB's were purchased by users who do not own a Blackberry phone after the price went down.
    - I would suggest that a reasonable percentage of Playbooks are no longer used by their owners as their "go to" tablet since other Android tablets have come into the market place.
    - The Z10 and the future large screen BB device make the PB update less necessary.
    - Upgrading your phone to Android or Iphone will not make your PB any more useful.
    - Many PB owners have already left BB for other platforms.
    05-15-13 03:43 PM
    I'd settle for BB10 App Wprld on my PlayBook so I could at least rent or buy movies.
    05-15-13 03:47 PM
    I'd be pretty pissed if I was a PB user. The device was basically released as a beta (some might have even considered it an alpha device), an unfinished product. It was then promised things along the way that were continuously delayed.

IMO BB10 should be out for the PB already. It should have released with the Z10 or a month or two after.

When people see older iPads getting the new release of iOS (yes minus some features), and they see BBs only tablet not running on BlackBerrys OS of the future, it does not look good.

I would love a PB to bridge with my Z10, but I will wait for the new one. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes with it.
    richardat and Rello like this.
    05-15-13 04:00 PM
    It's ridiculous at this point. You can only ask me to patient for so long. 2 plus years and I have a tablet who's OS, while decent, is no where near completed. Glad I didn't have high expectations for BB Live this year. We can't even get info on whether new tablets are eventually coming....let alone even a slight hint at when patient PlayBook owners might see BB10. Just tell me a quarter...enough with this coming soon crap cause no one knows what BB means when they say soon lol.

I said it in another thread and i'll say it again....I can be patient, but if android and IOS users get BBM before my 2+ year old PlayBook does, it'll be the biggest slap in my face I've ever received from BB.....and yeah I owned the original Storm...
    avt123 and richardat like this.
    05-15-13 04:14 PM

They haven't finished the first new device running QNX yet. They didn't complete items for the then new OS 7.0.

See a pattern anywhere.

I will admit that early PB adopters are left with a some amount of distaste from the whole mess. Then add a dash of 7.0 with no promised theme builder.

They do so well to a point.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    richardat likes this.
    05-15-13 05:13 PM
    I'd be pretty pissed if I was a PB user. The device was basically released as a beta (some might have even considered it an alpha device), an unfinished product. It was then promised things along the way that were continuously delayed.

IMO BB10 should be out for the PB already. It should have released with the Z10 or a month or two after.

When people see older iPads getting the new release of iOS (yes minus some features), and they see BBs only tablet not running on BlackBerrys OS of the future, it does not look good.

I would love a PB to bridge with my Z10, but I will wait for the new one. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes with it.
    Thorsten was quoted end of Jan saying BB10 on Playbook would come out this year but yesterday he gave a non answer to the question and said he needs to put R&D dollars towards the future. CEOs generally announce good news but do not announce bad news. Rather they side step the bad news and give non answers. So to my mind, that means he nixed BB10 for the Playbook sometime between Jan and now, possibly between March* and now as he began to refine his vision for the future as one mobile computing device that possibly then interfaces with stationary devices wherever the person is (ie interfaces with the car or a desktop or a tv). He seems to have given up on the tablet as consumers wont pay Blackberry the type of price for a tablet that they will pay for a phone. And thus having his team iron out the bugs on bb10 for the playbook seems to have dropped off his radar as he cleared up his confusion and began to articulate his view of the future.

What I am left hoping for is that someone "leaks" the version of os10 that was given to Midlands and that was running internally. That way Blackberry doesn't have to support it officially but consumers will still get to enjoy it and the BB10 apps.

What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the way these CEOs sidestep the broken promises rather than come out and clearly say to the customer they've cleaned up their confusion and now have a different view.

*(Computer Weekly had a story in March about how Blackberry gave tablets with OS10 on them to Midlands Health Trust, the same large UK health trust nominated for app award today)
    05-15-13 05:29 PM

the road map shows a large all touch device,,, more likely an Aristo variant, not a tablet...
    05-15-13 05:43 PM
    Oh wait, yes they can.

I call liar.

Cheers
    I'll buy another BB10 device. I wasn't expecting my PB to last forever, had it almost a year and it still works fine.

Anyway, has anybody said for sure that there wouldn't be any new updates? I haven't heard it yet, in fact Thor said a month ago or so that they would.
    05-15-13 06:15 PM
    Another one of these "broken promises"? Good grief... BlackBerry has only promised this: to bring BlackBerry 10 to the PlayBook by the end of the year. It's May 15th at the moment. Call me back when it's January 1st, 2014, then we'll talk.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-15-13 06:16 PM
45 12