So I just got a data plan on the 9700 and have a couple questions...

What's with the whole push thing on yahoo/hotmail/gmail? I have been reading about these on the forums and seems as if there are problems with the push or something. So what's going on? I did some tests last night, and it seems as if hotmail takes nearly 15 minutes, yahoo around 5, and gmail around 5. I thought gmail was supposed to be next to instant push?

If I set up an email on the blackberry via the device email setup, why doesn't it show up on the tmobile BIS website? and vice versa?

How do I have only 1 inbox? I added yahoo and hotmail, and when i went to messages->options, they are both listed there and checked...but I still see seperate icons for both accounts?

Thanks~
    06-22-10 01:46 AM
    Mine is nearly instantaneous on BIS for GMail. I use BES through work for my work emails and it is instantaneous.

To get all email into one mailbox open your main messages app, press the Blackberry button to the left of the trackpad, go to Options, select Inbox Settings then check which acCounts you want to show up in the main messages list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 05:47 AM
    Thanks for the response!

Any other responses to other email providers like yahoo and hotmail regarding times?

And yes I did the whole options email thing but it still showed seperate accounts.

What about the online bis vs device setup?

Thanks!

06-22-10 09:30 AM
    Thanks for the response!

Any other responses to other email providers like yahoo and hotmail regarding times?

And yes I did the whole options email thing but it still showed seperate accounts.

What about the online bis vs device setup?

Thanks!

Hotmail, when setup properly, will deliver e-mails instantly to your device, same with Yahoo (at least that's been my experience). I personally use Gmail, and have never had a problem.

In your device setup, do you have it setup to allow you to log on via your carrier's BIS site? With the newer versions of BIS, the default is set for your handset to be the only way you can access your BIS settings, however, you can change that in the BIS options on the device setup to allow you to set a username and password that will allow you to access your e-mail settings from the BIS site, it's something that I highly suggest doing.
    06-22-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD