Deleted my fave apps and games for 10.3.1 update. Then came BlackBerry Blend 1.2 update on BBW and with the low space left i've deleted some apps again. Now that there's an update to 10.3.2(im still on 10.3.1 btw) it fears me that I have to delete some apps again just for this. Current space on my device 15.6 out of 16GB. What should I do?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 09:09 AM
    Always leave at least 3-4GB free as a minimum. You'll have problems otherwise.

With all your media on an SD card, 16GB should be more than sufficient.

Updating with Link takes less temporary space than OTA.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-17-15 09:14 AM
    No 16GB isn't enough, apps are getting larger and larger. Some now even allow you to download additional databases that can be GB on their own.

I try to leave 2 GB open on my Z10, there sure seems to be some kinda of caching going on with the OS that boggs down if there isn't memory to use.... but that requires getting rid of Apps, if I find something new to download.

My next phone will have 32 GB minimum. When I bought my wife her new iPhone I went for the medium 64 GB and she has been fine with that.
    byrdbrained likes this.
    07-17-15 09:20 AM
    Also, try downloading the OS update with Link
    It takes a lot less space that way

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-17-15 09:24 AM
    Always leave at least 3-4GB free as a minimum. You'll have problems otherwise.

With all your media on an SD card, 16GB should be more than sufficient.

Updating with Link takes less temporary space than OTA.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    By 3-4 GB you mean I have to delete more? Ouch! I wonder how they do it on Android phones where you can transfer the apps/games to your mem card, is it possible on BlackBerry phones?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 09:26 AM
    By 3-4 GB you mean I have to delete more? Ouch! I wonder how they do it on Android phones where you can transfer the apps/games to your mem card, is it possible on BlackBerry phones?

Posted via CB10
    You can transfer everything expect apps. Some data can be saved to sd card. Like audio books from audible for example

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-17-15 09:31 AM
    No 16GB isn't enough, apps are getting larger and larger. Some now even allow you to download additional databases that can be GB on their own.

I try to leave 2 GB open on my Z10, there sure seems to be some kinda of caching going on with the OS that boggs down if there isn't memory to use.... but that requires getting rid of Apps, if I find something new to download.

My next phone will have 32 GB minimum. When I bought my wife her new iPhone I went for the medium 64 GB and she has been fine with that.
    I've realized that my next phone should be 32 GB at least. There's always an update specially Clash of Clans, Spotify, Instagram that this apps gets bigger and bigger which eats up my memory. Of course I have to delete the other apps cause these are my fave apps and game. I believe there will come a time that I have to delete this CB app and just go to website version of CB just to have space. It sucks really. Having a 32GB sd memory doesnt help either.

Posted via CB10
    byrdbrained likes this.
    07-17-15 09:32 AM
    Also, try downloading the OS update with Link
    It takes a lot less space that way

Posted via CB10
    I'll definitely try Link but when I check if I have an update, it says I have the latest OS version. Gotta check it again some other time. I dont know how to use Sachesi, im not a techy guy so ill wait until the update comes to me OTA or on Link, or is Sachesi the only way? Confusing.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 09:36 AM
    Deleted my fave apps and games for 10.3.1 update. Then came BlackBerry Blend 1.2 update on BBW and with the low space left i've deleted some apps again. Now that there's an update to 10.3.2(im still on 10.3.1 btw) it fears me that I have to delete some apps again just for this. Current space on my device 15.6 out of 16GB. What should I do?

Posted via CB10
    I had that same issue. Within a few days of getting my Z10 I was out of space. Fortunately I'm on a Passport now. But the memory limitation is beyond annoying.

Once the OS has less than 1GB available it starts getting unstable and it eventually even stops sending notifications (at least in 10.2.1). So sadly you might need to remove some apps. And if they are Gameloft games you might not be able to get them back as they pulled a few from AppWorld.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    extisis likes this.
    07-17-15 09:37 AM
    You can transfer everything expect apps. Some data can be saved to sd card. Like audio books from audible for example

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Thanks sir, it seems like I really have to delete more apps. Sad.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 09:39 AM
    I had that same issue. Within a few days of getting my Z10 I was out of space. Fortunately I'm on a Passport now. But the memory limitation is beyond annoying.

Once the OS has less than 1GB available it starts getting unstable and it eventually even stops sending notifications (at least in 10.2.1). So sadly you might need to remove some apps. And if they are Gameloft games you might not be able to get them back as they pulled a few from AppWorld.

I've deleted Asphalt 7 I think cause of too much memory it gets. I guess I cant download it again. Lol. Its annoying really, 32GB or higher is a must. Also some pictures and apps doesnt open beacuse of lack of memory.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    07-17-15 09:44 AM
    Stop playing games, they are huge space wasters.
    07-17-15 09:48 AM
    I only have Clash of Clans and Real Boxing actually. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 09:50 AM
    Buy more games! They expand your mind. (in the midst of becoming a console dev lol!)

07-17-15 10:05 AM
    Not enough for who, you maybe, this is a personal issue, not a 16 gb is not enough for the OS issue, and your thread should say that. I will attempt not to rant, but here we go. Me, with a Z30, next to latest leak OS, 52 apps, which doesn't include tutorial, camera, video, assistant, etc, 7.46 gb on device. (2) games, angry birds transformers and crossy road. 32 gb SD card, with mostly music and photos, a few videos. I don't keep more than that on one device, I have, numerous devices, and back-ups across hard drives, flash drives, etc. It makes no sense to have some much data on one device that when a accident happens, and one is going to happen, you lose your mind. My wife has a Z30, Verizon latest OS, 8 plus gb on device , and 3 different versions of candy crush, half as many apps, and 20 gb worth of photos on SD card. See what I mean about personal preference, not system limitations. Lots of iPads with 16 gb, for example, personal preference.
    Last edited by T.GRAHAMJR; 07-17-15 at 11:37 AM.
    der_mit likes this.
    07-17-15 11:26 AM
    Not enough for who, you maybe, this is a personal issue, not a 16 gb is not enough for the OS issue, and your thread should say that. I will attempt not to rant, but here we go. Me, with a Z30, next to latest leak OS, 52 apps, which doesn't include tutorial, camera, video, assistant, etc, 7.46 gb on device. (2) games, angry birds transformers and crossy road. 32 gb SD card, with mostly music and photos, a few videos. I don't keep more than that on one device, I have, numerous devices, and back-ups across hard drives, flash drives, etc. It makes no sense to have some much data on one device that when a accident happens, and one is going to happen, you lose your mind. My wife has a Z30, Verizon latest OS, 8 plus gb on device , and 3 different versions of candy crush, half as many apps, and 20 gb worth of photos on SD card. See what I mean about personal preference, not system limitations. Lots of iPads with 16 gb, for example, personal preference.
    You failed

Really doesn't matter what your experience might be... as your usage is apparently different from many of ours. All the OP said is that for him 16 GB was too small, and a few of us agreed.

I think the problem comes in when you have a number of "accounts" on a device... you get 5 email address, a couple of contact database a calendar or two and sync them for 30 Days. And they uses up a lot of space. Then you add in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and there goes a lot more space.
    kbz1960 and jaydee5799 like this.
    07-17-15 11:51 AM
    Best thing to do would be format your phone and only download things you need. Use spotify in online mode so no data downloaded it downloads as it plays over the air (only on unlimited data) and just clear some application caches in device monitor
    eduzojordan likes this.
    07-17-15 12:01 PM
    You failed

Really doesn't matter what your experience might be... as your usage is apparently different from many of ours. All the OP said is that for him 16 GB was too small, and a few of us agreed.

I think the problem comes in when you have a number of "accounts" on a device... you get 5 email address, a couple of contact database a calendar or two and sync them for 30 Days. And they uses up a lot of space. Then you add in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and there goes a lot more space.
    No, T.GRAHAMJR, did not failed.
    I have 4 email accounts, sync last 14 days - more than enough for ME - , moved all my contacts to email account, rarely use calendar, have facebook-Twittly-iGrann-WhatsApp, CB app, BerryFlow app, couple games. Still have 9GB free.
    Looking forward to BB OS 10 to let me move third party apps to my SD card.
    James Nieves likes this.
    07-17-15 12:26 PM
    Me, with a Z30, next to latest leak OS, 52 apps, which doesn't include tutorial, camera, video, assistant, etc, 7.46 gb on device.
    I have a Z10 with 7 games and they take up 11.5GB. And another Z10 with only the stock apps, and it has 250mb free due to the OS bloat cache bug.

... it works for you, and that's great. But that doesn't mean it works for everyone .

07-17-15 12:52 PM
    I am going to leave the argument about the use, meaning and application of the word "failure " for another time since this term is so easily mis- applied post 2001. My post began with " not enough for who", once again indicating this is a matter of personal usage, not system. Furthermore, I have (5) email account, plus twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Waze, BBM, on my Hub. The failure may be yours.
    07-17-15 02:34 PM
    No, T.GRAHAMJR, did not failed.
    I have 4 email accounts, sync last 14 days - more than enough for ME - , moved all my contacts to email account, rarely use calendar, have facebook-Twittly-iGrann-WhatsApp, CB app, BerryFlow app, couple games. Still have 9GB free.
    Looking forward to BB OS 10 to let me move third party apps to my SD card.
    Someone apparently has come up with a hack to move apps to the microSD. It involves linking using the Un*x command

ln

(LN) and placing a link to the microSD card. You should be able to also move the whole "android" folder or parts of it to the SDcard, using a link...

I'm sure a search here on CB would dig it up.
    (It's 5:30 in the morning here on a Saturday, so forgive me if I'm not going to do that now... )

:-D

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-17-15 02:34 PM
    Show us your storage tab in device monitor. Some phones have some weird bug where the phone has kept old install files for some reason
    07-17-15 04:41 PM
    Buy more games! They expand your mind. (in the midst of becoming a console dev lol!)

They only expand your debt.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-17-15 04:48 PM
    Someone apparently has come up with a hack to move apps to the microSD. It involves linking using the Un*x command

ln

(LN) and placing a link to the microSD card. You should be able to also move the whole "android" folder or parts of it to the SDcard, using a link...

I'm sure a search here on CB would dig it up.
    (It's 5:30 in the morning here on a Saturday, so forgive me if I'm not going to do that now... )

:-D

•   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   •
    In Android 2.x you use to be able to use symlinks to the mSD. I think you need root to do that in 4.x using a program like Link2SD.
    07-17-15 06:31 PM
    Show us your storage tab in device monitor. Some phones have some weird bug where the phone has kept old install files for some reason

16GB is not enough!-img_20150718_080248.png

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 07:06 PM
70 123