Or go a completely different route, get inventive.
    Buy some blank cases and glue gun and let her make whatever the heck she wants

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    03-09-14 07:49 AM
    Well now that is just silly bawahahaha I want a cool case too...

Posted via Q10
    03-09-14 08:26 AM
    That's not the assumption. The assumption is native apps. Linux usually resorts to having a windows VM to have all the needed apps. And gaming is important when it comes to pushing hardware graphics.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    You're making assumptions about Linux again, we Linux users don't always resort to a VM for applications. Stoppit!!

As for games, I have a Steam account and an nVidia video card with linux drivers.
    Who needs more?
    03-09-14 10:48 AM
    I say send her to bed without any supper! :-) she should thank heavens she got a smart phone in the first place beggars can't be choosers !

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 05:30 PM

Apparently CB is a hotbed of parenting experts and philanthropists who generously dispense their valuable advice for free.

Geez - jut because you can voice your opinion on a forum doesn't mean you should.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    03-09-14 06:28 PM

Apparently CB is a hotbed of parenting experts and philanthropists who generously dispense their valuable advice for free.

Geez - jut because you can voice your opinion on a forum doesn't mean you should.
    You do get the sarcasm eh?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 06:34 PM
    You do get the sarcasm eh?

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I get sarcasm. Most of the posts aren't.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    03-09-14 06:37 PM
    Oh, I get sarcasm. Most of the posts aren't.
    Correct I think the entire post is silly!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 06:41 PM
    Blackberry is out of touch with everything except efficiency and productivity. I spoke to some foriegn friends my age 30 something - I showed them my BlackBerry and they said We dindn't know they went down that road - Is that a BlackBerry. Furthermore in some countrys BIS is only awailable for corporate use. thus when people think of Blackberry they think of work being forced upon them - Not the best way to enter the consumer market.

The problem with BlackBerry is that they actually think like the OP that if they could just get this 14 year old girl they would be safed. It would be huge and they would be safed, but they fail to see that the whole brand have been dameaged in all segments. If their only problem was this 14 year old girl they would still be safed due to other segmants choocing team BB for productivity. They fail to see that they have been damaged and any average guy/gal of any segment have zero faith in BB
    It was actually BlackBerry's in the work force that made them popular at home in the first place. Anyone who has kids knows that they're obsessed with trying out and playing with their tech devices. BBM exploded without a large amount of advertising. All because teenagers discovered it on their parents phones.
    I think BlackBerry may gain this type of traction again if Mr. Chen's phase one plan succeeds.

Posted via CB10
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    03-09-14 06:50 PM
    Correct I think the entire post is silly!

Posted via CB10
    Actually I disagree because I thought the situation the OP was bringing up was an interesting point. I had a colleague at my previous job (late 20s) who commented that she was tempted to get an iPhone just because of the incredible selection of cases (materials, shapes, fave characters) compared to her Windows Phone. And this is from an adult so I can imagine it can be quite a driver for a teenager. I don't think it is a major deterrent per se but every little bit helps (and hurts).
    03-09-14 06:55 PM
210 ... 789