i know i saw it mentioned before but after a search and a so so gaze thru the endless finding thread i couldn't find it again. I'm having gps issues. anyone else not functioning right. Weatherbug cant get a fix and google maps isnt either...
    05-21-09 10:15 AM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    05-21-09 10:16 AM
    I'm seeing no gps problems. I used my Garmin Mobile (love it!!!) this morning to get to an unknown house. Google maps finds my location fine and WeatherBug locates me as well.

Grey
    05-21-09 10:42 AM
    I change my mind...it may be a little buggy. I just drove around town and used my GPS to get home. It told me to turn onto the road I was already on a couple of times. I wouldn't say it's broke, but not as consistent as it has been. But, that could also just be satellites acting up. I'll play with it more when I go out again and report back.

Grey
    05-21-09 11:25 AM
    i am also having this problem...any fixes yet?
    05-21-09 09:56 PM
    Mine's working just fine...maybe better than normal! (but that could just be me being happy with .148...)

Sorry!!
    Last edited by rigging65; 05-21-09 at 10:19 PM. Reason: because I can't spell...
    05-21-09 10:15 PM
    Google Maps, BB Maps and WeatherBug all pick up GPS fine with my straight up .148 install. sorry
    05-22-09 01:49 AM
    BB maps, google maps, weatherbug all working good here!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-22-09 01:58 AM
    Ah, so I'm not alone I see. GPS seems broken for some and not for others. Gotta love inconsistencies.
    05-22-09 06:32 AM
    I had same issues. Once I deleted Weatherbug GPS was much faster for BB Maps. But I started having GPS Issues Before upgrade. I don't know if WB would work after a reinstall. I just dropped iT as I think it was also a huge Men drain and I want evaluate 148.

05-22-09 06:39 AM
    As soon as the update was complete I opened google maps, accepted the terms etc., etc., and it was already on my loaction within 3 meters. I'd say it is faster, for me anyways, but too early to tell and not enough "testing" as that is all I did with it, opened up google maps, saw my location, and then closed it.
    05-22-09 07:00 AM
    i know i saw it mentioned before but after a search and a so so gaze thru the endless finding thread i couldn't find it again. I'm having gps issues. anyone else not functioning right. Weatherbug cant get a fix and google maps isnt either...
    check to see if you have selected "Google Maps" rather than "Blackberry Maps" on any of your setting on any programs that use GPS, etc....

I had the same issue when I updated to the .148/5.0 Hybrid and found that in Poynt I had selected Google rather than Blackberry Maps....when I switched back to BB it allowed GPS to work on even programs other than Poynt....not sure why but it worked....
    05-22-09 11:22 AM
    hmm, i deleted BBmaps when i loaded .148, but i do use poynt linked to google maps. Both of those programs are working as they should.
    05-22-09 11:44 AM
    hmm, i deleted BBmaps when i loaded .148, but i do use poynt linked to google maps. Both of those programs are working as they should.

I fly alot, so I have to turn the phone off for hours. On all the radio codes, except .90, when I would turn the phone back on my GPS would take 2+ hours to get a fix. I went back to the .090 radio code and now the GPS works fine everytime.

A friend of mine had the same problem.

Maybe try .090 and see if that fixes your issues.

Just a thought
    05-22-09 12:29 PM
    Mine works fine as well -- haven't seen the issue with not knowing where it is and taking long time to get first set of sat. Mine homes in pretty quickly even if I turn off and drive 20 miles and then turn it on.
    05-22-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD