when i was 14, i was just mastur bating
    03-19-09 02:27 PM
    LMFAO!!!!!

by far the best one!
    03-19-09 02:42 PM
    Wow... Def a +1 on that. The good 'ol times, as I remember them...
    03-19-09 02:45 PM
    If the kid didnt want comments on being 14 then perhaps she shouldnt have had a thread named "14 year old potential bb user"
    Its like their asking to get bashed.
    03-19-09 02:46 PM
    I don't think they were asking to get bashed I think the kid came and created this thread in hopes of getting their questions answered and not being judged by everyone out here who doesn't agree with 14 year olds having a blackberry...

If you don't get a data plan just be sure you opt for the insurance its like 6 bucks a month and the truth is accidents happen and you'll have some peace of mind knowing 6 dollars can save you hundreds later on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 02:56 PM
    In an ideal world, sure no one would "judge" her. But unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world and people will say what they think regardless, ESPECIALLY if they feel strongly about it as it is in this case.
    03-19-09 02:58 PM
    In an ideal world, sure no one would "judge" her. But unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world and people will say what they think regardless, ESPECIALLY if they feel strongly about it as it is in this case.
    +5 for you!
    what a good point!
    03-19-09 03:05 PM
    I think we have beaten this horse beyond recognition!
    03-19-09 03:28 PM
    What are you talking about? The horse left a long time ago
    03-19-09 03:34 PM
    i'm 14 and i own a blackberry curve. i just dun understand why people seem hate young people who owns blackberry.no offence,but it's up to their parents i think..

well my mom bought bb for me to communicate with my dear nearest cousin in USA.she gave it to me becoz she doesn't understand at all how to use it..i still can use it for checking my school homework..and it is portable..

03-27-09 10:03 PM
    Well, everyone seems to think I'm respectful, and I did pay for my phone, as I did my enV on Verizon, and my first Razr, and the 50 dollar insurance fee after that one broke. And I am very mature according to most as well. My average is always above a 95 in school, and I work hard and study. Thanks for someone finally understanding that not all kids are immature brats, and not everyone is poor.
    yup.me too..PEOPLE!you are not our parents!my parent don't mind if i own a blackberry,as long as my average marks are still very good.i pay my blackberry every month by myself.i just dun understand why older people are really like to get involved in these things.. i know we shudn't own a blackberry,but what can we do now?give it back or refuse to accept it?
    Last edited by whyucare; 03-28-09 at 01:32 AM.
    03-27-09 10:58 PM
    how do you feel if you were still 14 yo too and own a blackberry??u wud say no and dump it??i dun think u wud..these all talks seem like a jealousy of people who didn't own good thing when they were young..even when u were young and had a fortune to own best thing,u wud thankful for that to GOD..
    03-27-09 11:08 PM
    Well, everyone seems to think I'm respectful, and I did pay for my phone, as I did my enV on Verizon, and my first Razr, and the 50 dollar insurance fee after that one broke. And I am very mature according to most as well. My average is always above a 95 in school, and I work hard and study. Thanks for someone finally understanding that not all kids are immature brats, and not everyone is poor.
    I would agree that you are one of the more mature teenagers that posts here.

The problem is that the majority of teenagers are not mature and responsible enough, and unfortunately they give people like you a bad rep. If they were, we wouldn't have parents showing up here all the time trying to figure out why they have a $700 phone bill.

I'd have no problems giving my daughter a BB so long as she respects the rules and understands that I will be monitoring her usage. Not to snoop, but to be a responsible parent. Responsiblity goes both ways like that.
    03-27-09 11:20 PM
    My son is now 4 months old, but if I am still using a berry by the time he is 13 or 14 he will probably have a berry as well. As long as he shows he is mature enough to have one. I know I got my first cell phone at 15. (10 years ago) I showed my parents i was responsible enough to have one, and i helped my dad run his business to cover some of the costs for the phone.
    03-27-09 11:31 PM
    My son is now 4 months old, but if I am still using a berry by the time he is 13 or 14 he will probably have a berry as well. As long as he shows he is mature enough to have one. I know I got my first cell phone at 15. (10 years ago) I showed my parents i was responsible enough to have one, and i helped my dad run his business to cover some of the costs for the phone.
    if you all could responsible when you were young,why we couldn't?
    my mom thinks i'm responsible,if i'm not,i shud have asked her to pay all the bill.duh.but instead,i pay my own.what she had given me,i shud take care of it and responsible for it..and i think teenagers have feelings too.i know,if i'm not a good daughter for her,she wouldn't give me a blackberry..

i knw you are going to be a good parent for your child becoz when you were young u cud be responsible..
    03-28-09 01:28 AM
    yup.me too..PEOPLE!you are not our parents!my parent don't mind if i own a blackberry,as long as my average marks are still very good.i pay my blackberry every month by myself.i just dun understand why older people are really like to get involved in these things.. i know we shudn't own a blackberry,but what can we do now?give it back or refuse to accept it?
    We may not be your parents, but a lot of us are parents which gives us a different perspective on things. Something you will understand when you're older.

And honestly, it doesn't help your case any that your spelling and grammar is seriously lacking. If you want adults to take you seriously, put in the effort to sound intelligible and you will be surprised by the difference it makes. Take that as a little friendly, fatherly advice.
    03-28-09 09:56 AM
    We may not be your parents, but a lot of us are parents which gives us a different perspective on things. Something you will understand when you're older.

And honestly, it doesn't help your case any that your spelling and grammar is seriously lacking. If you want adults to take you seriously, put in the effort to sound intelligible and you will be surprised by the difference it makes. Take that as a little friendly, fatherly advice.
    thx so much for the advice.i know a bit about being a parent,i'm used to take care of my niece who's still 2 yo,everyday and she keeps on asking me to buy this and that.i have to spend my money for her,even though i'm still young. well,anyway,thank you..

and btw,i'm not in a country which full of people who speaks english.so,i'm still improving. i hope i cud speak well with right grammar.it's hard though.
    03-29-09 09:17 AM
    for kronk:
    and btw again,it's not that i didn't know the spelling,but i used the short forms.like don't i wrote it as dun instead.
    Last edited by whyucare; 03-31-09 at 06:37 AM.
    03-29-09 09:19 AM
    for kronk:
    and btw again,the it's not that i didn't know the spelling,but i used the short forms.like don't i wrote it as dun instead.

Please, pay attention in grammar class.
    03-29-09 12:33 PM
    Oh man that was cold... can you even text on those???

my recommendation
    03-29-09 01:02 PM
    Please, pay attention in grammar class.
    thx.i know what i should do.
    03-31-09 06:38 AM

my recommendation
    lolol
    my brother's 14..i told him he doesn't need a blackberry (esp. since verizon requires data) and so he just got the alias..
    03-31-09 10:44 AM
    as long as this thread has been open I am sure the kid is now 15! Hope you have done the smart thing and gone with a BB
    03-31-09 11:39 AM
148 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD