Does anyone have a trick to keep the screen from fading out while using nav4all?
    good question...anyone have the answer?
    11-30-08 07:31 AM
    I can't get any program to work. Changed all the advanced settings. Still no luck. Took the phone tot he store they couldn't get it to work. They finally call tier 3 support. Apparently some folks are having issue witht he GPS and with the next core release they plan to fix a few issue. we will see.
    Ok, after working with tech support for an hour got it working. Of course you have to change the GPS to "location on". Set the GPS app you are using to "allow" instead of default in adv settings. Then pull the battery a couple of times and it starts working. The GPS is unlocked.

Still takes a minute or so to lock a sat. Inside is useless, which others have said they get good lock. Not me.
    11-30-08 06:56 PM
    Is there any disadvantage to leaving GPS to "location on" all the time?
    11-30-08 07:11 PM
    I just installed:

http:// www. trapster. com/storm/tm.jad

(won't let me post url - too few posts. Remove the spaces from above.)

It finally works - still came up with California, but when I
    clicked "Find Me" it located me perfectly.

Heading to work soon... will see how it works on the road.
    12-01-08 08:06 AM
    Does this work for any of you on the Storm?

http://www.trapster.com/tm2/tm.jad
    It worked for me today. 2.0.3 is what I have, and previous versions did not work at all.

MAN IS IT FAST? The first time i booted it up I got a lock in <10 seconds in a suburban area. I don't see how having the aGPS chip unlocked could make it any faster.

And that lady on the program telling me "RED LIGHT ALERT" is really annoying. I don't need to be yelled at 5 times. I got it the second time... jeez

Good program idea though, i will be report some traps on this guy

Is there any disadvantage to leaving GPS to "location on" all the time?
    Battery-wise, NO, because it does not use more power unless a program is actively accessing it, aka the GPS program you are running which obviously you want to do so.

But security wise, YES, it leaves your position available to any program that wants to. A non-reputable program could track your location without your permission, and privacy concerns like that. Thats why its off by default. There are people here who turn it on and off when they need it.
    Last edited by dms936; 12-01-08 at 07:08 PM.
    12-01-08 07:03 PM
    ok, total noob here.
    can anyone teach me how to work the gps??? please explain as if I was a very ******** little kid, lol, thanks.
    12-01-08 07:10 PM
    12-01-08 07:12 PM
    wait... it's working... and I didn't have to download anything!!!
    awesome!
    thanks for the link though, i'll check it out.
    12-01-08 07:29 PM
    Been waiting for this as Trapster wouldn't wotk on my 8703e.

1) downloaded OTA from http://www.trapster.com/storm/tm.jad (thanks JoeMcFadden and aradlahiji).

2) set my Storm GPS to Location On

3) set it on the table next to my PC inside the house

4) within 3 minutes the blue ball was sitting exactly on my house -- exactly, from inside the house

5) exactly

Thanks for this leak. Much appreciated.

Hugh
    12-01-08 08:30 PM
    My internal GPS on the Storm works with the installed Blackberry maps and is super, no problem.
    12-01-08 08:38 PM
    Same here, found me indoors after three seconds. I think it picked up my last know location from BB Maps or something. No way this could locate me via satellite indoors that quickly. Either that or is used aGPS.
    12-01-08 09:18 PM
    This found me as well and I am in a different state than the last time I used BB maps or the GPS itself. My question is, is there an actual GPS program with this? How do we use this program?
    12-01-08 09:21 PM
    WTF, why did you post this thread then? FAIL!
    Funny how this dude turned tail and ran once the thread ceased to "fail"...

I'm looking forward to trying this out. Thanks a bunch for the posts.

I tell you what - it seems like the release of the Storm has brought about a bunch of Jakes to the world of Blackberry's.

This negativity and flaming didn't happen in the past with big releases...
    12-01-08 09:29 PM
    Does anyone have a trick to keep the screen from fading out while using nav4all?
    Start Menu>Settings>Light Options>Light Options>Always On.

I know Light options is listed twice, that's the way it is in the menu options.
    12-01-08 09:29 PM
    Funny how this dude turned tail and ran once the thread ceased to "fail"...

I'm looking forward to trying this out. Thanks a bunch for the posts.

I tell you what - it seems like the release of the Storm has brought about a bunch of Jakes to the world of Blackberry's.

This negativity and flaming didn't happen in the past with big releases...
    Im still here pal. Still think its lame. Thanks.
    12-01-08 09:41 PM
    Im still here pal. Still think its lame. Thanks.
    Enjoy paying for VZW Navigator while the rest of us lamers use this solution.
    12-01-08 09:56 PM
    How can you tell that trapster is correctly on top of your house? I don't see how you can zoom in far enough to tell ...
    12-01-08 09:58 PM
    Go into Applications, you'll see a compass. Thats BB Maps.
    Whoa BB maps pin points perfectly inside house
    12-01-08 10:04 PM
    Enjoy paying for VZW Navigator while the rest of us lamers use this solution.
    I dont pay for VZ Nav, where did I say that smart guy? Because I think using THIS software is lame you feel the need to attack? Keep hiding behind your key board.
    12-01-08 10:13 PM
    so trapster is only to help spotting speed traps.... no navigational features at all? like turn by turn directions?
    12-01-08 10:22 PM
    I dont pay for VZ Nav, where did I say that smart guy? Because I think using THIS software is lame you feel the need to attack? Keep hiding behind your key board.
    Good god dude.

I guess I will hide, because I'm not going to come to the Twin Cities to fight you over stupid comments, that would be considered hiding by some.

I am interested, but im not interested in you saying "it works, but im not going to show you how". Again, you fail.
    Your sensitivity level that you demonstrated towards someone who was unable to produce what you wanted to see, at the time you wanted to see it is pretty silly.

Patience is indeed a virtue when in comes to the world of Blackberry's.
    12-01-08 10:25 PM
    It worked for me today. 2.0.3 is what I have, and previous versions did not work at all.
    How did you get 2.0.3 I just downloaded from the OTA link and got 2.0.1 a few minutes ago. And it doesn't work for me. Didn't try with BB Maps open though.
    12-01-08 11:35 PM
    How can you tell that trapster is correctly on top of your house? I don't see how you can zoom in far enough to tell ...
    you can zoom in or out with the volume rocker keys.

Took me a while to figure this out too. I was pressing all over the screen for a good 5 min before I found this out

How did you get 2.0.3 I just downloaded from the OTA link and got 2.0.1 a few minutes ago. And it doesn't work for me. Didn't try with BB Maps open though.
    Is your Browser in BB EMulation mode? If not I presumably won't get the right version
    12-02-08 12:27 AM
    pretty cool stuff
    12-02-08 02:15 AM
    Is your Browser in BB EMulation mode? If not I presumably won't get the right version
    Nope haven't changed it... I'm proud of who I am... Its set for blackberry.
    12-02-08 02:18 AM
115 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD