Nope. 100% storm. VZ NAV and bbmaps are installed, but not open and verified that they are closed through "switch Application"
    Can't wait for the official release then!
    11-26-08 12:26 PM
    how do you enter addresses in nav4all? It only registers the first letter of the suretype krypad and doesn't work in landscape mode.
    I had the same problem. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me.
    11-26-08 12:41 PM
    Spotmark is everywhere!!!!!!
    11-26-08 12:48 PM
    I have a question about this. Mine, and I'm sure everyone else got 1 free month of VZNav. So would the GPS be on on any program until the month is up? Meaning, it will work with these other apps until the 30 trial period is over (which you have to call to cancel or continue to pay for it) and after 30 days the GPS will lock us out.
    11-26-08 12:48 PM
    I posted this in another thread.

The easiest way to get Nav4all to work is to select one of your contacts, obviously one that you have already input their address, and then pull up the Blackberry menu. One of the options you will se is "Navigate to (Nav4all)", select that and then it walks you right everything, and off you go. I used it this morning on my way to work, and it performed perfectly.
    11-26-08 01:02 PM
    I have a question about this. Mine, and I'm sure everyone else got 1 free month of VZNav. So would the GPS be on on any program until the month is up? Meaning, it will work with these other apps until the 30 trial period is over (which you have to call to cancel or continue to pay for it) and after 30 days the GPS will lock us out.

No GPS will continue to work. It is a subscription service to the VZ NAV App
    11-26-08 01:02 PM
    I would not think so, because with other model Verizon BB's, with VZNav installed, 3rd party apps still did not have access to the GPS. (Minus some rare exceptions with the Curve, I believe)
    11-26-08 01:05 PM
    Yes the GPS is unlocked, which is a physical GPS chip on the device. Then theres aGPS a partial GPS system on a phone which is actually faster to acquire a signal for acquiring your location. Which VZW has locked, but not the GPS chip on board the device.
    11-26-08 01:18 PM
    Like i said... GPS is unlocked.... pic attached. On another note, if someone wants a screen shot program after a bit of googling and slight modifications in the premissions to the program, CaptureIT works on the storm
    11-26-08 01:18 PM
    wait...so do we still need to pay the $10/month navigator fee with this?
    11-26-08 01:22 PM
    wait...so do we still need to pay the $10/month navigator fee with this?
    no. you dont need to.
    11-26-08 01:23 PM
    I posted this in another thread.
    Thanks. I tested it and it works.
    11-26-08 01:30 PM
    Instructions on downloading/installing Trapster:

trapster.com/blackberry.php
    11-26-08 01:41 PM
    Like i said... GPS is unlocked.... pic attached. On another note, if someone wants a screen shot program after a bit of googling and slight modifications in the premissions to the program, CaptureIT works on the storm

Map data copyright Microsoft? What proggy is that again?
    11-26-08 01:59 PM
    Map data copyright Microsoft? What proggy is that again?
    trapster

Instructions on downloading/installing Trapster:

trapster.com/blackberry.php
    Im not sure but i dont think that program works for the storm. you need 2.0.3. I might be wrong as i didnt test it.
    11-26-08 02:02 PM
    He didn't say "i'm not going to show you how" he said he CAN'T. Obviously when the app is live for all he'll gladly link us. All of your posts in this thread are quite cynical, take a chill pill.
    Agreed.

+1
    11-26-08 02:06 PM
    trapster

Im not sure but i dont think that program works for the storm. you need 2.0.3. I might be wrong as i didnt test it.

Thanks!! 10charbs
    11-26-08 02:07 PM
    Yes the GPS is unlocked, which is a physical GPS chip on the device. Then theres aGPS a partial GPS system on a phone which is actually faster to acquire a signal for acquiring your location. Which VZW has locked, but not the GPS chip on board the device.
    I'm still not 100% convinced that aGPS is locked out. I've used a LOT of GPS' and the Storm locks on FAST.

AND... the tower triangulation works in Google Maps.

I need to play with that more just haven't had the time.
    11-26-08 02:12 PM
    I'm still not 100% convinced that aGPS is locked out. I've used a LOT of GPS' and the Storm locks on FAST.

AND... the tower triangulation works in Google Maps.

I need to play with that more just haven't had the time.
    according to nav4all assisted GPS is lock. When I was using the program it would start searching for GPS then a pop up would say assisted gps unavailable switching to gps (something along those lines) but it would lock on pretty damn quick.

We just need a decent navigation app designed for the storm because nav4all is horrible to navigate with the storm
    11-26-08 02:18 PM
    how do i take a pic when the camera is on the phone? Is there a screen shot function on the storm?
    Two mirrors. Get it done.
    11-26-08 02:28 PM
    ^^^Genius.

I'm trying Nav4all now...
    11-26-08 02:41 PM
    Two mirrors. Get it done.
    ha. true. but captureIT was much easier.
    11-26-08 02:41 PM
    cant wait for windows live search to be updated.
    11-26-08 02:48 PM
    why can't we download the beta version?
    11-26-08 02:48 PM
    When I was using the program it would start searching for GPS then a pop up would say assisted gps unavailable switching to gps (something along those lines) but it would lock on pretty damn quick.
    Ok cool. Thanks for the heads up. The only thing I can figure that means that the Storm just has a WICKED GPS antenna in it.
    11-26-08 02:50 PM
115 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD