Dear BlackBerry customer:

As a valued customer, I wanted to make you aware of recent changes in our relationship with T-Mobile US, Inc. and how those changes affect you and your service. Today, after careful deliberation, we announced that BlackBerry is not renewing T-Mobile US�s license to sell BlackBerry products when the license expires on April 25 of this year. We did not make this decision lightly, and we are acting to protect the best interests of our customers.

Please be assured that as a current T-Mobile US customer, your BlackBerry smartphones will continue to work after April 25, and you should see no interruption to your service. BlackBerry will work closely with T-Mobile to provide the best possible customer service to any customer remaining on the T-Mobile US network or to any customer purchasing devices from T-Mobile�s existing inventory.

BlackBerry is working closely with other carriers to provide you with alternatives should you decide to remain with BlackBerry for your long-term device and service needs. We encourage you to visit these carriers for current offers on the latest BlackBerry devices.

Also, for a limited time, you can enjoy $100 off a BlackBerry smartphone at shopblackberry.com when entering promotion code BLACKBERRY1.*

We are deeply grateful to you as a loyal BlackBerry customer, and will do everything in our power to ensure a smooth transition should you choose another carrier.
    Nice try, but I rather keep T-Mobile and change device than switch a carried and end up paying 2 BB... This whole T-Mobile non-renewal is only hurting the customers. I go where it's cheapest. Right now this is T-Mobile.
    madman0141, jh07 and mgrietddy like this.
    04-02-14 02:41 PM
    you could always buy your BB at shopblackberry and then get a TMo SIM card...?
    04-02-14 02:46 PM
    I just got this same email...I'm tempted to get a z30 to use on my Tmo account...but I was planning on just keeping my z10. Now I have to make that decision for the 50th time. A good problem to have I guess.
    04-02-14 02:49 PM
    They need to do a big trade in promo in top of that $100 discount.

Posted via CB10
    MrGabriel likes this.
    04-02-14 02:50 PM
    Well, you shouldn't have posted the code, IMHO.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-02-14 02:51 PM
    Sad

Really I that can be said about the situation is it is sad.
    04-02-14 02:53 PM
    Love it. Nice way of kick John Legere is the **** for being a poor CEO and a general arse. As the old saying goes, "Loose lips will sink your ships".
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    04-02-14 02:55 PM
    Love it. Nice way of kick John Legere is the **** for being a poor CEO and a general arse. As the old saying goes, "Loose lips will sink your ships".
    If Legere improves TMo's bottom line with his actions he is in fact a good CEO doing what he is supposed to do. Irrelevant whether he is a General or Major Arse.
    04-02-14 03:02 PM
    Sad

Really I that can be said about the situation is it is sad.
    That's weird. I did experience something when BB offered my $100 off a phone from their shop...it wasn't sadness though. I appreciate the offer and will be using it either for a z30 for myself or a q5 for one of my kids.
    04-02-14 03:03 PM
    Nice try, but I rather keep T-Mobile and change device than switch a carried and end up paying 2 BB... This whole T-Mobile non-renewal is only hurting the customers. I go where it's cheapest. Right now this is T-Mobile.
    This is a BlackBerry fan site, your not particularly loyal are you!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 03:07 PM
    To those who got the email, the OP didn't paste the fine print at the bottom of that email. Here it is:

Offer expires May 31, 2014. Valid in U.S. only. Coupon only valid towards the purchase of a BlackBerry Q5, Q10 or Z10 smartphone. Quantities are limited. Limit one coupon per customer and two smartphones per customer. Offer subject to change without notice. No cash value, void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Posted via CB10
    I don't see a benefit in this for US customers. If you leave Tmobile for another carrier to take advantage of the discount your only choice would be ATT. You could pick Verizon, but you wouldn't get 4G with the shop blackberry phones.

If you did switch you'd have to sign a contract. When you sign contract you get a Blackberry phone fully subsidized Q10 at $49 or a Z10 for FREE with ATT. At Verizon each phone is FREE on contract. Z30 is still $199.
    The Shopblackberry says the phones won't work with Verizon. Or maybe they do but would they get 4g?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    What's the code? It's not working for me?
    04-02-14 03:08 PM
    In other words, NO Z30.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-02-14 03:08 PM
    What? How does this change anything. people can still buy BB10 outside of t-mobile and use it on their network. BlackBerry will provide the updates atleast that's what I heard.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 03:11 PM
    Offer expires May 31, 2014. Valid in U.S. only. Coupon only valid towards the purchase of a BlackBerry Q5, Q10 or Z10 smartphone. Quantities are limited. Limit one coupon per customer and two smartphones per customer. Offer subject to change without notice. No cash value, void where prohibited or restricted by law.
    no z30. Expires in about 2 months
    04-02-14 03:11 PM
    To those who got the email, the OP didn't paste the fine print at the bottom of that email. Here it is:

Posted via CB10
    THANK YOU.
    04-02-14 03:14 PM
    That's weird. I did experience something when BB offered my $100 off a phone from their shop...it wasn't sadness though. I appreciate the offer and will be using it either for a z30 for myself or a q5 for one of my kids.
    Sad that BlackBerry will lose another $100 per device sold, with no way to recoup the loss.

Sad that things have gotten to the point where carriers don't respect BlackBerry.

Sad that things have gotten to the point where BlackBerry can't afford to do business, the way business is done. BlackBerry doesn't have a product that people are buying in the store, they sure aren't going to go looking for it on line.

Yes this is a great opportunity if you can use a GSM phone, so take advantage of it while you can.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    04-02-14 03:14 PM
    One does have to wonder if this is a means to promote BB's new store (a trial run if you will). Seems like a good way to cut out the middle man in device sales and their ridiculous 7 page contracts.
    Superfly_FR and fryk like this.
    04-02-14 03:15 PM
    I don't see a benefit in this for US customers. If you leave Tmobile for another carrier to take advantage of the discount your only choice would be ATT. You could pick Verizon, but you wouldn't get 4G with the shop blackberry phones.

If you did switch you'd have to sign a contract. When you sign contract you get a Blackberry phone fully subsidized Q10 at $49 or a Z10 for FREE with ATT. At Verizon each phone is FREE on contract. Z30 is still $199.
    The Shopblackberry says the phones won't work with Verizon. Or maybe they do but would they get 4g?
    Don't US customers get discounted plans off contract?

You could buy on shop BlackBerry and bring it to a carrier and save huge on a plan

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 03:15 PM
    This offer is completely worthless if it doesn't include the z30. Just another bungled move.
    BoldPreza, techvisor and fryk like this.
    04-02-14 03:24 PM
    I can't say I'm impressed with Blackberry's prices even after 100 USD off. T-Mobile's earlier $200 USD trade in offer was a better deal; but, of course, you couldn't select a Blackberry in many places.

You could buy on shop BlackBerry and bring it to a carrier and save huge on a plan

Posted via CB10
    As an American, I don't think so. Your choices are basically T-Mobile or a MVNO. Why do you think the 2-year contracts are so popular? Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    04-02-14 03:30 PM
    I can't say I'm impressed with Blackberry's prices even after 100 USD off. T-Mobile's earlier $200 USD trade in offer was a better deal; but, of course, you couldn't select a Blackberry in many places.
    A intentional move to get BB7 users off BlackBerry...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Clanked and damien kupuku like this.
    04-02-14 03:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sure you can get a no contract plan, but they're damn near the same price of contract plans.
    04-02-14 03:39 PM
    A intentional move to get BB7 users off BlackBerry...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    It's probably more like the BB user base with T-Mobile is so small it wasn't considered detrimental, and likely still isn't. There just happened to be enough blowback on Twitter to merit a response. T-Mobile could lose every BB customer they have and it wouldn't be a huge hit.
    04-02-14 03:39 PM
99 123 ...