I have been thinking alot about the "average lifespan" of 10 years for operating systems and Blackberry OS has obviously aged and although I Love it i do agree that QNX was the smartest possible move ever!

Just wondering how people see the iOS and Android platforms going since iOS is at the half way point and Android still has several years of growth. Could both iOS and Android fizzel out at their 10 year mark?
    01-28-12 12:56 AM
    They could fizzle much earlier or they could morphe into something else. Lets see what open webos and windows mobile can do now than intel will enter the mobile space.

When i say intel entering the market i mean it as if a thunder lightning hits a tree. It will be huge.
    01-28-12 11:09 AM
    I'm pretty sure they'll morph into something else kind of how Windows 7 to Windows 8 with the MetroUI.

Usually when they need to change something. Its just the UI. Shouldn't be too hard like having to put a whole different OS on it.
    01-28-12 04:15 PM
    I have heard complaints lately with iOS users saying that it's getting old....so I think they are well on their way to the 10 year life span.....lets see if they do change or what....though so far iOS5 is not very different from the origional iOS

Funny thing, if you look at BB OS1 vs BB OS2 you can hardly recognise them....huge changes, & yet it still got old...though I think it's biggest problem is that it just was never built to be doing what it's doing now.
    01-28-12 04:21 PM
    You guys have good points and i know webOS and windows are still in there start up stages and havent gained much significant traction but i do expect something from both, especially windows 8.

bbpandy i agree that iOS is getting stale but obviously the sales figures say different. I do believe 3 or 4 years from now iOS will have to make some major changes and innovate like crazy on their UI because in my opinion it looks like the first iPhone and the only way to know its not is to use the phone haha same can be said about the iPhone 4 and 4S lol. If they come out with a 5S 2 or 3 years from now i wont be surprised at all.
    01-28-12 04:47 PM
    Just to add I also see Android hitting its peak about 4-6 years from now. Sooner or later its complete open source problems will catch up with it and that plus all the Android patent problems will smuther it. QNX has just started and will gain in popularity like Android did, might not explode like it at first but it is positioned very well for growth
    01-28-12 04:50 PM
    LOL... we're predicting the end of other OSes now.

Funny.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-28-12 06:20 PM
    It seems like Apple has been thinking about how to evolve iOS and the first attempt is Siri
    01-28-12 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD