11-08-10 12:41 AM
39 12
tools
    I'm not a businessman. I work in construction. Specifically, I am a commercial roofer.

The other day, I encountered a problem which I did not want to take responsibilty for without authorization from my supervisor. He couldn't get out to the site for a few hours, and it was something that needed to be dealt with fairly urgently. Since I was having a tough time adequetely describing the problem, I put my super on speakerphone, snapped a few pics with my torch, then e-mailed them to his computer. It was a process that took less than a minute, and we were able to work out a solution shortly thereafter. I had the problem solved, and the authorization to make the necessary fixes in a timely manner.

How long would it have taken me to pull out a digital camera, snap those same pics, pull out a netbook/laptop, boot it up, hook up via usb the camera, upload the pics to the computer, then hammer out and send the e-mail?

Let's forget the fact that in addition to my tools, lunch, and materials, you would have me carry a laptop/netbook onto a construction site where it would need to be kept in a secure case to protect it from dust, debris, and some minor (or major) jostling, and potential theft.

Get rid of my BlackBerry? I don't think so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 08:14 PM
    Great idea and all, but I think I'll be keeping my Blackberry - I adore my laptop but it is certainly not a replacement for my phone, and vice versa.

Glad you are doing what works best for you, though
    11-05-10 08:50 PM
    I hear the trackball breaks easy
    software glitches when you upgrade
    11-05-10 10:20 PM
    A question to the thread starter: Why didn't you though of this when u were buying your BlackBerry? I am sure you first saw the features, and the prices for BIS?
    For me seriously, the device it comes freely..I got it on contract for 0.01 euros on 24 months i Pay 20 euros for BIS, and 10 euros for talking minimum ( with 80 minutes included in). My bill is always around 70 euros a month(with bis included in it, so if i didnt had BB i would be paying 50 euros and had some crappy phone. What makes me a difference to pay 20 euros a month for a free phone + unlimited data plan + security + all other features that BB offers?
    11-05-10 10:45 PM
    I bought it because they promised unlimited data using the Blackberry connection. I couldn't imagine how difficult it was to use its browser and how slow the data flow was.

Anyway, I have just upgraded my BB 9700 to the leaked OS6 and despite its bugs, it is much more appealing especially as far as web browsing is concerned.

Tabbed browsing and smooth zooming makes browsing possible now! I thing I will keep (I will not cancel finally) my subscription to the unlimited BB Data Plan along with the fast 3G limited plan (3GB per month) USB modem on mini laptop. I travel by bus for 3 hours every day and I needed to satisfy my surfing needs in the bus and not waste productive time at work. I couldn't handle the small BB screen. I will keep my BB and Data Plan finally just for occasional (beach, bar, walking) use.

Other than that. Thanks for the feedback and sorry for causing you a bit of discomfort. Take what I said as one of the many perspectives.

----
    Last edited by Athanasis; 11-06-10 at 02:11 AM.
    11-06-10 02:02 AM
    I'm keeping my blackberry and it does what I want.

11-06-10 02:40 AM
    you talk a lot of bul**** man..sorry to tell you
    11-06-10 07:00 AM
    Quote: 10. You are registered in a community like this because you have a passion with gadgets / a true hobbyist /Cracker. Blackberry is not made for you. It is made for the lazy President or Business Man who wants to pay the extra money in order to have everything preinstalled in the phone before he opens its box. This is what Blackberry is. A non tweakable device made for Push Emails and encrypted (secured) communication. Nothing more..

Uh, I have an ipod touch as well as my BB, and that thing is frustratingly less tweakable. So android might be an improvement in this matter, but I dunno that it has any tweakability that I really want over what BB has.
    11-06-10 06:12 PM
    Well stated scrid2000. There is a phone out their for everyone just got to find the right 1.

11-06-10 06:32 PM
    Thanks Taz I totally agree, every person has different needs, and saying one phone is overall better than another is ridiculous.
    That post on the CrackBerry homepage is 100% correct tho

11-06-10 09:50 PM
    i have unlimited data on my blackberry curve, but the reason i should drop is because i am using the crappy nextel network. worst internet speeds ever.
    11-07-10 01:43 AM
    OMG! WOW, soo out to lunch, you're the kind of person that resists change aren't you

Seriously you might not have needs for a Blackberry but you didn't provide 1 real reason to ditch blackberry's
    you basically came out and said all of us should ditch blackberry, now you're saying OH me personally I don't have a need for one,

yaa for you,
    I just wish people would use truthful, valid points of argument when starting a negatively aimed thread in a forum for enthusiasts of a certain device. If your going to a sword fight, bring a big sword, and know how to wield it
    ... and one critical reason to keep it.

1. Email and Messages delivered with the urgency of a Pager.
    you talk a lot of bul**** man..sorry to tell you
    That sums it up for me what i want to say to you OP.
    11-07-10 05:58 PM
    Thanks klintoncloud for the wonderful summary.....
    11-08-10 12:37 AM
    i have unlimited data on my blackberry curve, but the reason i should drop is because i am using the crappy nextel network. worst internet speeds ever.
    You have iDEN. It is slow. That is not a BlackBerry issue. It is a carrIer issue.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-08-10 12:41 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD