I saw the earlier thread on an Amazon acquisition and there were some good points there, but look at it deeper and more forward-thinking as it relates to the mobile market. I've got many more reasons, but let's start with these...
    1. Amazon is making a big push into the enterprise. A BBRY acquisition gets them right into the middle of the enterprise and furthers secure client-side access to Amazon Web Services(cloud infrastructure)...corporate applications run against cloud-based applications on the business side of your BB10. Consumer side apps could be rolled out in the same fashion...this is where Amazon is dominant today....marry the two together on the compute device of the future!
    2. Amazon's market presence, muscle and respect immediately AMPS up Blackberry's presence in the mobile market - all killer apps would be magically be available on BB10, carriers would instantly give them more shelf space, device training to sales people, etc...the global sales channel and relationships is what Amazon does not have today with their mobile device strategy
    3. Device strategy and pricing would be a non-issue for Amazon. They could deliver high and low end devices with very low competitive margins...if you view the phone as a platform to monetize a vast number of services from the device...you just want to cover your costs of that device and make it an appealing device that is innovative to end users.
    4. Build on BBRY's historically good reputation for quality devices, email, security and integration by putting resources and management in place to make dates, deliver on time and AMP up the innovation we've seen, but not been completely realized due to the past several year's challenges. Would designers and other creative engineers that have left come back to a totally reclaimed vision with muscle and resources going forward? I think yes.
    5. Amazon's push into retail distribution...the Blackberry is a perfect device for consumer purchases(build on security reputation), NFC, proximity services, etc...blurring the lines between online sales and retail store sales - I have lots more ideas here that they can leverage and utilize the device for...again, it's a platform...
    6. The Amazon IT infrastructure is arguably one of the best cloud infrastructures out there today....merge Amazon's Cloud w/ BBY's NOC, leverage one with the other...and UNMATCHED infrastructure for tomorrow's mobile infrastructure...
    7. We've seen BB phones work with the Playbook....replace Kindle with Playbook...you can see the synergies there!
    8. We know and have seen the synergies between BB10 and QNX in the cars...Amazon could buy into this part of the market...imagine location based alerts in your car as you go shopping and put the car in "shopping mode"...infinite possibilities here...
    9. BBM and Channels...imagine the Amazon channels and personal buying and selling channels that companies and individuals could set up to conduct purchasing opportunities all while leveraging the security of the underlying Blackberry security model and Amazon purchasing capabilities...one click purchases out of BBM Channels! I know the Crackberry guys would be all over this!!
    10. I saw some people say, why would Amazon want another "phone OS" when they've developed one already....everyone needs to remember that BB10 is probably the last place that QNX has shown up. It's already in millions and millions of devices around the world...it is a proven OS, stable, robust and scalable...the question you have to ask is "Why wouldn't Amazon want this OS??" Why continue growing your own variant of Android?? They are playing right into Google's hand...I would take the gloves off, put the energy behind QNX and make a strong contender to iOS, Android and Windows.

If you put strong marketing, management and resources into the innovation of Blackberry, marry it with Amazon's strategies, domestic and globally, the issues of viability, lack of applications and keeping up with the market go away. Over the course of the past year, those are the common knocks on Blackberry...any and all other issues could be easily resolved.

From an investment standpoint, whatever price Amazon negotiates will be tripled in value after one year of transformation...put all of the devices that were rumored back on the table and let's get going!

I don't see a downside for either company or the millions of Blackberry users in the world waiting patiently for this to keep moving forward! This would speed things forward!

Can someone please pass some of these ideas over to Jeff Bezos and his Executive team so that they can get this acquisition done with and we can get on with the "Business at Hand"? Thanks!
    10-18-13 10:07 AM
    Uh, probably because, once again, Amazon has said they aren't interested in selling their own phone. Again*.

And, no I won't provide you with a link to the Amazon statement. I did it the last 21 times.
    10-18-13 10:15 AM
    Uh, probably because, once again, Amazon has said they aren't interested in selling their own phone. Again*.

And, no I won't provide you with a link to the Amazon statement. I did it the last 21 times.
    Selling the phones is not what this is about...but great reply!
    10-18-13 11:50 AM
    Yeah OP has great points

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 01:22 PM

That doesn't mean we can't dream! Dreams may be all we have left!
    10-18-13 01:28 PM
    Sounds good but I wish someone would give just ONE reason why Amazon was turned away in 2011 when they were interested in buying blackberry and turning things around at that point. Better for everyone involved including the PlayBook which would have become the Kindle fire. This is where I start to get angry and turn green.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 01:31 PM