I have tried BlackBerry OS 10 .3. I'm still asking myself how blackberry achieved such a sophisticated OS in 2 years and it took Apple well over 6 years to achieve ios 7 which is still very feature and productivity lacking. I'm not going to even mention android because it still a horrible mess to this day. For those of you who tested 10.3 how do you like it?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:04 AM
    Because they were the one that defined what a "smartphone" is.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:10 AM
    Android, BlackBerry, and Windows phone features all build off/resemble/reflect the capabilities of what the IPhone did in that legendary show hosted by Steve Jobs. Yeah it has some flaws just like every OS but remember, there would be no blackberry 10 without it. Because without the whole development of the all touch screen devices, multi-tasking features, mobile computing etc, BlackBerry would still be making the candy bar phones because there would've been no competitor. Apple was the first through the wall, it was always gonna get bloody (moneyball ref lol) that's why it took them so long. They had to get it JUST right, and they did. Everything about smartphones now is because of what Apple started

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:32 AM
    Android, BlackBerry, and Windows phone features all build off/resemble/reflect the capabilities of what the IPhone did in that legendary show hosted by Steve Jobs. Yeah it has some flaws just like every OS but remember, there would be no blackberry 10 without it. Because without the whole development of the all touch screen devices, multi-tasking features, mobile computing etc, BlackBerry would still be making the candy bar phones because there would've been no competitor. Apple was the first through the wall, it was always gonna get bloody (moneyball ref lol) that's why it took them so long. They had to get it JUST right, and they did. Everything about smartphones now is because of what Apple started

Posted via CB10
    As much as I use to like Apple back when they where a smaller company I have to disagree with that. Apple where the first ones to release a functional touch screen but technology was going to get there anyway. Same thing if blackberry would of not invented the modern smartphone some one would of made it. Apple use to be innovative bit it seems they completely lost there innovative edge, it seems the new versions of ios don't bring much and the phones only have better cameras and processors. Blackberry is trying to think outside the box this is why we will see a phone like the passport coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    acovey, airmo, bakron1 and 2 others like this.
    08-31-14 10:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry, Nokia, Motorola have been in the mobile business for over 3 decades. Apple put a Qualcomm chip into an ipod and "changed everything". Yeah....No.

The gap is widening and will continue.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie, Q10Bold and raddn5 like this.
    08-31-14 10:51 AM
    As much as I use to like Apple back when they where a smaller company I have to disagree with that. Apple where the first ones to release a functional touch screen but technology was going to get there anyway. Same thing if blackberry would of not invented the modern smartphone some one would of made it. Apple use to be innovative bit it seems they completely lost there innovative edge, it seems the new versions of ios don't bring much and the phones only have better cameras and processors. Blackberry is trying to think outside the box this is why we will see a phone like the passport coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    Apple didn't make the first touchscreen nor did they make the first tablet.

Posted via CB10
    airmo and silversmith75 like this.
    08-31-14 10:59 AM
    Apple didn't make the first touchscreen nor did they make the first tablet.

Posted via CB10
    No they did not invent the touch screen. They did make one that was actually usable and who people wanted to buy. Apple deserves that credit as much as I am a BlackBerry fan. It was the first touch screen device that was a major success.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 11:07 AM
    No they did not invent the touch screen. They did make one that was actually usable and who people wanted to buy. Apple deserves that credit as much as I am a BlackBerry fan. It was the first touch screen device that was a major success.

Posted via CB10
    They didn't make the first usable one either, just the first one that got wide market adoption (due partly to a huge multi-million dollar marketing campaign

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie and raddn5 like this.
    08-31-14 11:21 AM
    They didn't make the first usable one either, just the first one that got wide market adoption (due partly to a huge multi-million dollar marketing campaign

Posted via CB10
    Don't bother

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    08-31-14 11:36 AM
    ... there would be no blackberry 10 without it. Because without the whole development of the all touch screen devices, multi-tasking features, mobile computing etc,
    So reading this and seeing your name I assume you're age 17 and don't know how lackluster and dumb the original iPhone was.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-31-14 11:40 AM
    Also worth noting that ios 8 will be a carbon copy of blackberry 10 in terms of features.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 11:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    IPhone was your first smartphone. How did I know?

Believe me I was using Skype app, on an all touch/stylus device with a blue tooth headset over wifi in 2003!

Touch screens existing, apps existed, multitasking existed, Gps existed with stored maps!, SD card existed..almost half a decade before iPhone.

Edit: Now the question is, how were you manipulated into thinking otherwise?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 11:52 AM
    ^^Not according to people who think ios is cool. A lot of people that are apple customers are just basic users, so according to them apple invented everything from the mouse to the computer to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    raddn5 and Playbook007 like this.
    08-31-14 11:56 AM
    Apple put multitouch on screen and remove the stylus.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:01 PM
    Apple put multitouch on screen and remove the stylus.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Apple revolutionized UX, graphic and input capabilities in phones. And that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Depends on what you think or know. If you think "smartphone" means an "all touch slab with richer graphics" then yes. Otherwise no.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-31-14 12:15 PM
    My wife needs a physical keyboard. I bought her a Q10 from shopblackberry.

At first she found it hard to use. I said give it a week. She found texting very difficult because her existing conversations weren't there on the new phone. After her friends texted her and she replied she started to really love it. So one night I asked her what phone would she go buy if it weren't the q10. She said iPhone. I asked Why? She said if they're so popular, they must be good!

I brought an iPhone5 from work that we use for testing. After the quick in an out demo, she said she would prefer her Curve 8830 over the iPhone! So would I.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-31-14 12:28 PM
    Also worth noting that ios 8 will be a carbon copy of blackberry 10 in terms of features.

Posted via CB10
    Therefore it will be innovative and sell millions.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:01 PM
    No I'm not 17. No, my first smartphone was a Blackberry Pearl 8110, not an IPhone.

All im saying is, and agreeing with a few of the comments above, that technology was always going to get there, yes. But apple was the first one to do it and whether you like it or not, it was and is a financial success. And they get CREDIT for that, and many of you are upset by this for some stupid reason. Get over it.

Also spare me of all the amazon app store and snap options, but if BB10 doesn't figure out the app situation, the iPhone 6 will lure me a away but I'll always love the z10. But I'll be happy either way and that's how 98% of the market share sees it, they're happy with their iPhone and Androids. And it's not that I have the sheep herd mentality, I didn't hear anyone saying that about BlackBerry users when they were on top of their game

Posted via CB10
    shaleem and anon(8865116) like this.
    08-31-14 01:07 PM
    I think it's great, both on my Q10 and Z30.

Battery life could be a bit better for me, but that's what I get for loading a leak, and I'm sure the official release will make things better.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't know still liked my p900 perhaps more so than android xperia arc or windows xperia X1 sometimes physical buttons just look good. Mobile-review.com ����� GSM-��������� SonyEricsson P900. Apple may have invented the app/ecosystem but they did not invent the smart phone. The term although first invented by big blue in 1992 was used for every expensive phone throug the late 90's and early 00's see Sony Ericsson P900 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. To claim that development would have stopped if not for Apple/jobs is outrageous it would just have takken another path.

However with the first Iphone it was the first time I saw averege people wanting to be smart waiting for a phone and ordering from the states. Prior to that it had mostly been phone enthusiast or business people where as the rest of the world ran around with Nokias non communicatior. That was a lot for a little but I just hate the misconsumption that Apple invented the Smartphone.
    acovey likes this.
    08-31-14 02:10 PM
    I absolutely agree, its amazing how people credit Apple with any mobile tech development.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-31-14 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your joking, right
    08-31-14 07:35 PM
    So reading this and seeing your name I assume you're age 17 and don't know how lackluster and dumb the original iPhone was.

Posted via CB10
    If there wasn't an iPhone we wouldn't have mp3 or cameras or video player or colour screens and we would still be tethered to bbry bis not to mention still be using edge phones

Lazardis said we didn't need those options he changed his tune shortly after storms release
    He even called the iPhone a "toy"
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-31-14 08:07 PM
    Apples influence has definitely sharpened everybody up. Before the iPhone the industry was divided amongst itself. They each did what they did best, as a company and people bought it. BlackBerry did enterprise email, Nokia built the model. T of smartphones etc. But if the product wasn't great, you really didn't have much choice. Apple changed that. They pulled everybody in. Now the toaster makers have to figure out how to make a microwave make toast, and people will buy it.

Posted via CB10
    anon8656116 and Sayumi Whisp like this.
    08-31-14 08:23 PM
143 123 ...