Im very disappointed with my battery life it lasts only few hours, I don't know if the battery is a piece of garbage or just the system is not optimized. I hope it's just optimization. Do you guys know the most friendly version of 10.2.1 for battery in Z10 (stl-001)?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 03:58 AM
    Im very disappointed with my battery life it lasts only few hours, I don't know if the battery is a piece of garbage or just the system is not optimized. I hope it's just optimization. Do you guys know the most friendly version of 10.2.1 for battery in Z10 (stl-001)?

Posted via CB10
    Been using my STL1 for sometime side by side with my Q10. Tried several (many) leaks/official OSes and related to battery usage it shows just a little differences (1-2 hours) while for my Z10 it usually goes 10-12 hrs (4 active emails, 4 BBgroup, 1 whatsapp group and 2-3 hours phonecall daily).

In my opinion new OSes makes the device more responsive like shifting between applications and bug fixes where some apps not working well, and it mostly gets better to the newer OSes.

The key for having 'optimized' or nice Z10 within our control is by having clean OS and selection of applications. Have the OS loaded in clean device will give substantial effect on your device's performance. Turn Location Off on your GPS, extend interval email synching, manually synch between your device and social apps like twitter/fb/etc, display brightness etc also can extend your battery daily usage.
    Choosing network provider who has the most stable network also impacting alot to your battery and device performance.

Last but not least, it's always good to hear both sides, user that not happy and happy with their phone in your case Z10-STL1. It will give you better idea of what you have and can do to make it work well.

Other than that I'm just not happy because usually STL-1 is the last one or even not at all having newer OSes available.

You can also go to my signature to see others' experience as well as how to do clean install on your device. - Good Luck!

PS: forgot to mentioned, usually (not always) the latest OS provide better device management, we just have 10.2.1.3140 as our newest leaked OS
    05-06-14 04:39 AM
    Yeah I heard that reinstalling the system can help make the battery work longer, and I did so, but unfortunately, in my case it didn't help much. Thanks for your advice though.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 04:55 AM
    There really isn't a single OS version that's better or worse for the battery. So much of the performance comes from the apps installed, overall use, location and network coverage, and the condition of the device.

There have been a few things I've found can help maintain performance over a longer period, such as a hardware reset using the volume down key and the power button. On both my Q10 and my PlayBook I was getting terrible battery life until I did this. Also check to make sure you're not using any applications that keep polling in the background, Android apps like Skype are notorious for this. Finally, and this is an odd one, make sure you're using a properly working outlet to charge your phone. Being a creature of habit, I found a convenient location for my charger. I thought at first that my battery took longer to charge because of my Q's larger capacity when it turned out that the outlet was beginning to fail.

Doing a security wipe and a re-install can help, but if you're also doing a restore that contains a suspect app or a corrupted setting then all you're doing is reintroducing the problem onto a clean system. There's also the factor of the background indexing that needs to happen with a fresh OS update or install that also affect performance.

Sadly, battery life is one of those things that carries a lot of variables.

Posted via CB10
    Piotr Purwin likes this.
    05-07-14 05:40 AM