Today, I was on eBay looking for an 8900, i bought a brand new 9700 off of a family member a few days ago, and i have always liked the way the 8900 looked, so i went onto ebay looking to see what i could find, and i found 5 or 6 *brand new* never turned on 8900's, but my question is, the phone came out idk 2-3 years ago, but why would someone have a BRAND NEW NEVER TURNED ON phone from 2-3 years ago? it just doesnt make full sense to me lol and that made me want to look for older blackberrys to see if there are any "brand new" ones, and i found 3 brand new 8310's, and 1 brand new 8800! How! lol it just doesnt make sense to me, have any of you guys seen any of this?
    07-20-11 12:08 PM
    Im sure people have them unused. Some people stocked them to sell and just didn't realize how fast their value would depreciate.

I would be wary of Refurbs...
    K Bear likes this.
    07-20-11 12:29 PM
    The thing I would be leery about is the batteries. Li-Ion batteries lose capacity even sitting on the shelf, unused. But yea, I think it's great these devices are still available new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 06:32 PM
    How many folks got them on a 2-for-1 deal, or had them in some store room, overlooked until recently. We went to a vendor store a while back looking for a cash-out dumbphone that maybe went out of circulation, and sure as rain in Seattle, they had choices of out-of-date devices we could cash out for $40-50. So the kids got their phones without blowing my upcoming upogrades for those lines, and a quick swap will leave me a spot for my next BlackBerry/s.

07-21-11 01:43 AM
    Old unsold stock, unused upgrades, unwanted presents etc
    And dont forget in some countries the 8300s and 8900 had a much longer shelf life, might be 2-3 years old but could still be sold in some countries.

07-21-11 03:37 AM
    Well, Ideally if they say it's new and unused on Ebay, these people generally have a legal binding to accurately describe the products. if there are any disparities found between the product and the descriptions they ideally are returned back. So I'd say buying things after careful reading stuff on Ebay is safe.
    07-21-11 06:01 AM
    If the guy haws a good rating and has a good history youl be ok. Worst case paypal backs you but it could take 30-60 days till youd see your $.
    07-21-11 09:30 AM
    People may have upgraded, and kept their old phone.... than, swap it out for a refurbished one, which in that case would be a "new" phone
    coles-torch likes this.
    07-21-11 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD