but slightly annoying.

I get emails come through to my phone (9810, 7.1), laptop, playbook.

If I read them on my laptop - eg go into outlook, gmail or Hotmail then they are shoen as read there, plus also on my playbook. The phone however still indicates I have email to read.

This means then I have to select the emails and mark them as read.

Annoying.

Why doesn't the phone get updated or is there a setting I'm missing?

ta

bb
    08-08-12 09:15 AM
    Guessing you're using it over BIS? I know a lot of email providers dont work properly anymore. Exchange over BIS for example doesn't handle this properly.
    08-08-12 09:22 AM
    yeah, BIS.
    08-08-12 09:27 AM
    Same here, but i'm not very upset ^^

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-08-12 09:30 AM
    If you reconcile now it still does not show it as read? For me this takes some time but does eventually show it as read.
    08-08-12 09:32 AM
    I guess it partly depends on the email service provider as well. For me, using gmail. When i read on playbook, it gets updated on my laptop as well, vice versa. The work of IMAP and Exchange.

Whereas as mentioned above, BIS doesn't work that way. From what i'm guessing, it will push the emails down to you, but it doesn't sync, at least not immediately. That doesn't bother me much though. If i've gone through my unread mails on my laptop already, i can just mark all as opened on my BB.
    08-08-12 09:36 AM
    Exchange over BIS isn't even really true "push" email. It pulls every 15 minutes or so, which is mighty annoying.
    08-08-12 09:57 AM
    yeah - if I've read the email on my PB then looking on my laptop at outlook then the email doesn't show as new anymore which is correct. this also happens when reading the email from the phone.

that's outlook, gmail and Hotmail.

The annoyance is reading via laptop or playbook then the phone doesn't get updated showing it's been read.

reconcile now - well I've selected that but never ever seen it do anything - lol.
    08-08-12 10:10 AM
    yeah - if I've read the email on my PB then looking on my laptop at outlook then the email doesn't show as new anymore which is correct. this also happens when reading the email from the phone.

that's outlook, gmail and Hotmail.

The annoyance is reading via laptop or playbook then the phone doesn't get updated showing it's been read.

reconcile now - well I've selected that but never ever seen it do anything - lol.
    I have a similar situation. But add an android work tablet to the mix, besides the Playbook. Reading email almost anywhere will reconcile everything except the phone and the android tablet. The android tablet will reconcile, each time I go into each account, but not before. The phone makes me go to each message. But everything else on both is just as I need it. So, I can live with the minor hassle of clicking each account on the Tab and each email on the phone.
    08-08-12 11:03 AM
    yeah - make it 4 devices - 3 of which will reconcile and always the phone that doesn't it becomes a right pain.
    08-10-12 07:27 AM
    is this just a 7.1 9810 thing or a 'feature' across all BB phones?
    08-13-12 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD