So, a week after I had had my new Blackberry 8330, the "1 new message" icon appears at the top of the screen, so I go in to SMS and there are no new messages. I go to my AOL icon and it says there is "1" new message, but there are no unread messages inside. I have tried deleting all the messages on both the handheld and on AOL on my desktop and the icon won't go away.

Any suggestions?...

~J
    12-31-08 05:26 AM
    With the Berry switched on, remove the back and pull out the battery. Leave it out for about 30 seconds then put it back in and let it power back up. A battery pull fixes 90% of problems such as this.
    12-31-08 06:00 AM
    You can also go select the current date, push the menu button, and select mark prior open. That should fix your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 10:51 AM
    You can also go select the current date, push the menu button, and select mark prior open. That should fix your problem.

as to this. i say ha! out of the 4 or 5 times that my envelope has stayed up, this has only worked once. (i had just used the "Device switch manager")

every other time i have has to do a reset via either a BP or the program crackpull... uhh i mean quick pull. which is an awesome program.
    12-31-08 11:04 AM
    I had this issue after installing Aerize Cardloader.

Aerize was sending a message from my to myself but the message in the SMS Outbox was showing as unread.

While in Messages go to View Folder, SMS Outbox and look for an unread message, open it to mark it as read and the message icon should go away.

Steve
    12-31-08 11:15 AM
    as to this. i say ha! out of the 4 or 5 times that my envelope has stayed up, this has only worked once. (i had just used the "Device switch manager")

every other time i have has to do a reset via either a BP or the program crackpull... uhh i mean quick pull. which is an awesome program.
    It works for me every time but whatever.

12-31-08 02:08 PM
    I have this same problem except mine says 3 unread messages

12-31-08 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD