On BIS, can I set one email address up to get email on 2 different devices? My wife, who currently does not have a BB (she has a dumb phone) and I share an email address. Can I get her a BB (or droid) and have our shared email pushed to both devices?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 09:48 PM
    Yes, You will just need to add it the same way you did for your BB. This is the same principal as having the email pushed to Outlook and your BB.
    FuzzyB likes this.
    01-07-11 07:40 AM
    Yes, You will just need to add it the same way you did for your BB. This is the same principal as having the email pushed to Outlook and your BB.
    Thanks Brew...that's what I was thinking but wanted to confirm it.
    01-07-11 09:02 AM
    OK, I got the wife a BB and we now share a business email account on both devices. The problem is this...when she gets an email on her phone and DELETES it before I pull that same email up on my computer it is gone. Apparently, her device is set up to "win"....does anyone know how I go about changing this? I want the computer to "win".
    02-21-11 12:54 PM
    Just make sure she deletes off the handheld and not both handheld and mailbox
    02-21-11 12:56 PM
    Just make sure she deletes off the handheld and not both handheld and mailbox
    She claims she did....but it still didn't show up on the computer??
    02-21-11 01:03 PM
    OK, I got the wife a BB and we now share a business email account on both devices. The problem is this...when she gets an email on her phone and DELETES it before I pull that same email up on my computer it is gone. Apparently, her device is set up to "win"....does anyone know how I go about changing this? I want the computer to "win".
    Go into messages folder and>menu>options>email reconciliation>set to Mailbox wins.
    02-21-11 01:20 PM
    Go into messages folder and>menu>options>email reconciliation>set to Mailbox wins.
    I just confirmed that both devices are set up this way...I honestly thought your solution would be the answer, and maybe it is...but they were set up like this from the start??

I just sent two test emails from a different email acct and all worked fine...could there be a different issue?
    02-21-11 01:30 PM
    I just sent two test emails from a different email acct and all worked fine...could there be a different issue?
    I've never had this issue so i'm just throwing things out there but from the Email Reconciliation make sure you have the correct email address highlighted, try setting Delete On setting to Handheld and my Wireless Reconcile is set to On. Good Luck
    02-21-11 02:03 PM
    imap or pop3? If POP3, is it set to leave a copy on the server?
    02-21-11 04:50 PM
    imap or pop3? If POP3, is it set to leave a copy on the server?
    POP3...and yes it is set to leave a copy on the server. This hasn't happened since my earlier post so maybe all is well...but don't be afraid to throw out more if you know! Thanks guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD