Hey all,

I'm a new blackberry user and am trying to set up my phone to receive my 1&1 hosting server emails on my blackberry. I've seen a few people say blackberry's not supported with 1&1 so I am wondering if anyone has any advice on how I can get round this.

I use 1&1 for my business mails and use their webmail pop/imap service, not the exchange service.

All advice would be most gratefully received!
    Kate xxx
    02-03-09 06:21 PM
    I believe I had my 1and1 account setup as IMAP on my BB before, but maybe not. At the moment I use Google Apps to manage my e-mail for my domain. It's a lot better(everything is in the cloud), and the BB setup is easy.
    02-03-09 06:23 PM
    Can I pull the mail off 1&1 to google, or did you have to change your domain server to get that to work?
    02-03-09 06:25 PM
    Can I pull the mail off 1&1 to google, or did you have to change your domain server to get that to work?
    You should be able to do that via a regular Gmail account.

The reason I went the Google Apps route was because when you do the regular Gmail approach, your messages show up funny in Outlook when people receive them. They say something along the lines of, "from xxx@gmail.com on behalf of xxx@yourdomain.com". This looks a little unprofessional to me, so I do the opposite. I have my Google Apps set up with my domain, so I don't have that "sent on behalf" message showing up in people's Outlook, then I have my personal Gmail account forward to my domain account(I don't care about "sent on behalf" for my personal mail).

Anyways, it's a bit of work to get this set up, and maybe this isn't as big of an issue for you, and you can just set your Gmail to retrieve messages from 1and1.
    02-03-09 06:58 PM
    I do recive email on my blackberry from my 1 and 1 email currently I am on the phone with them to see if they will be releasing apps for smart phones to admin sites also. Dont know unless you ask.

As far as email through 1 and 1 as long as you have a domain registered with 1 and 1 and an associated email account with 1 and 1 its just like setting up email in any email client. but select other in email settings and follow the steps.
    01-19-11 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD