10-30-13 07:01 PM
33 12
tools
    As I mentioned in a previous post prior to xbbm being released, bbm group vs whatsapp group is limited. Simple things like in-msg pics vs having to go back to group level and posting a pic. Push to talk. Multiple file formats. Whatsapp Group Chat is more user friendly and I hope bbm catches up soon.

This of course is second to xbbm functioning properly, group profile pics showing up (mine has been blank for the last 24hrs), msg reliability etc

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:29 PM
    I'm speaking of personal experience with android users going back to using whatsapp because of said issues.
    If these issues are scaring them off, I'd guess they would be unlikely to revert back to Whatsapp, given the problems they have been experiencing - including outages. Maybe they will try something else altogether?
    Also, who exactly is experiencing missing profile pics, and what platform are they on? Is this Android users? I ask because it seems to be a known issue for those on the Channels BETA program.
    Your first two issues are serious, and I don't believe I have seen another complaint of losing contacts or mysteriously dropping from a group - but I have not read everything in these forums. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Edit: lol - if you happen to be on a BB10 device with BETA Channels - I JUST got a notification about an update. Maybe it fixes that issue?
    10-30-13 05:00 PM
    Are you sure they're all using the official app? I have several groups, with many android and iPhone members. Only issue we've experienced, is a brief loss of BBM during a group join. Considering it's a new launch, I would expect some hiccups along the way. Some patience, and I bet you'll find things work themselves out.
    10-30-13 05:03 PM
    If these issues are scaring them off, I'd guess they would be unlikely to revert back to Whatsapp, given the problems they have been experiencing - including outages. Maybe they will try something else altogether?
    Also, who exactly is experiencing missing profile pics, and what platform are they on? Is this Android users? I ask because it seems to be a known issue for those on the Channels BETA program.
    Your first two issues are serious, and I don't believe I have seen another complaint of losing contacts or mysteriously dropping from a group - but I have not read everything in these forums. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Edit: lol - if you happen to be on a BB10 device with BETA Channels - I JUST got a notification about an update. Maybe it fixes that issue?
    Thanks for the response. So the issue with the bbm group profile pic is started with me! I'm the one with an actual BlackBerry and the profile pic went blank. Went blank on first two of my three groups, then all three. Tried changing the pic, nothing still blank. Then it went blank for one of the two users in my group.

I am a channels beta user, just updated and now I get the bbm lost its connection screen, again!! So pissed.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:32 PM
    I am a channels beta user, just updated and now I get the bbm lost its connection screen, again!! So pissed.
    Wow, you're not having much luck. Are the pics back yet though? Lol
    The lost connection thing I have never seen.
    10-30-13 05:47 PM
    Ha! Wish I could see whether the group picture problem is solved, but I can't get past the lost connection screen! won't let me enter the app

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:18 PM
    I have to agree with some of you
    I don't have any issue with BBM
    I currently have a BlackBerry and an android
    My wife has android and my brother too
    Non of them have any issues

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:52 PM
    As I mentioned in a previous post prior to xbbm being released, bbm group vs whatsapp group is limited. Simple things like in-msg pics vs having to go back to group level and posting a pic. Push to talk. Multiple file formats. Whatsapp Group Chat is more user friendly and I hope bbm catches up soon.

This of course is second to xbbm functioning properly, group profile pics showing up (mine has been blank for the last 24hrs), msg reliability etc

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree there, the only two things my friends are missing from Whatsapp are those functionalities in groups (send files other than pictures) and they don't like to be looking for the last message they read, they are used to whatsapp pointing to the last unread message.
    10-30-13 07:01 PM
33 12