Hey, just wanted to mention I have some android users that are having issues with xbbm:

- lost contacts despite being added
    - lost from groups despite being added
    - group profile pics not displaying
    - lost connection requiring uninstall/reinstall
    - limited features, specifically with group vs whatsapp

Does anyone know whether they'll be an update coming soon to fix some of these issues? Frustrating that this month delay from their initial release still feels like a beta with the amount of issues there are.

I have a z10 and even I'm experiencing issues with non displayed group profile pics and seeing BBM HAS LOST IT'S CONNECTION (See screenshot below) in the hub, meanwhile when I open the app it's good.

Any fix suggestions to the above, or do we just wait and hope an official fix comes soon?

I've reluctantly but logically advised people to wait until the issues are fixed and until then use whatever works best for you. What I'm worried about is that this will lose users.

Frustrated but still hopeful...

xBBM Users Reverting back to Whatsapp-img_00000704.png

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:15 PM
    I'm sorry you're having so many issues. I don't understand why some are and some not. I have not once lost connection.

I do agree that they need to get this sorted out though because clearly it's happening.
    10-30-13 01:19 PM
    I've been told numerous times in similar threads that the issues are all me, so I don't believe this OP. There are no issues with xBBM. Trust me. I read it on the internet.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    10-30-13 01:53 PM
    The thread title is a bit misleading imo. Yeah I am sure some are reverting but the title makes it sound like a source is being referenced.
    RyanGermann and anon(5624621) like this.
    10-30-13 01:59 PM
    I experienced slower sent messages to i-phones & androids than to other BlackBerry devices.

I haven't heard any complaints either.

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-30-13 02:15 PM
    Sorry for this misleading title, no official sources here. I'm speaking of personal experience with android users going back to using whatsapp because of said issues.

It's frustrating to see given the time it's taken to get here.

My only hope is that they fix these issues soon and start adding the features people want asap.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 02:15 PM
    10-30-13 02:21 PM
    I can see using sms from time to time, but whatscrap ... no, thanks!
    10-30-13 02:28 PM
    If deinstallation/reinstallation of xBBM does not sort out the issue, then there is no other choice but to wait it out. If users are willing to migrate from WhatsApp to xBBM, they will be willing to migrate back to xBBM once the major quirks are ironed out.
    10-30-13 02:39 PM
    If users are willing to migrate from WhatsApp to xBBM, they will be willing to migrate back to xBBM once the major quirks are ironed out.
    You know this how? Pure fantasy?
    10-30-13 02:46 PM
    Because I am your daddy and that is how I know.
    nicknac89 likes this.
    10-30-13 02:54 PM
    is that an official source?
    southlander likes this.
    10-30-13 03:00 PM
    is that an official source?
    It's the Benjamin is angry about his BBM thread.

Posted via CB10
    southlander, raino and adamlau like this.
    10-30-13 03:02 PM
    Are you trying to drum up business for your other thread? Citing a thread you started is not exactly a reference to an objective third party.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    10-30-13 03:05 PM
    Hey, just wanted to mention I have some android users that are having issues with xbbm:

Does anyone know whether they'll be an update coming soon to fix some of these issues? Frustrating that this month delay from their initial release still feels like a beta with the amount of issues there are.

I have a z10 and even I'm experiencing issues with non displayed group profile pics and seeing BBM HAS LOST IT'S CONNECTION (See screenshot below) in the hub, meanwhile when I open the app it's good.

Any fix suggestions to the above, or do we just wait and hope an official fix comes soon?

I've reluctantly but logically advised people to wait until the issues are fixed and until then use whatever works best for you. What I'm worried about is that this will lose users.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000704.png 
Views:	854 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	215719

Posted via CB10
    I see that the emergency call icon is displayed. Are you in a poor signal area? That may be part of the reason for having issues, although having wi-fi should help.
    10-30-13 03:06 PM
    The only drama I've had is a few of my friends understanding how the "handshake" works to sign up contacts, once they've done it a few times though it all makes sense.
    10-30-13 03:09 PM
    I've been told numerous times in similar threads that the issues are all me, so I don't believe this OP. There are no issues with xBBM. Trust me. I read it on the internet.

Posted via CB10
    Oh for goodness sake - a handful of crazy people saying that doesn't make it true... you don't need to be so snarky
    10-30-13 03:14 PM
    Are you trying to drum up business for your other thread? Citing a thread you started is not exactly a reference to an objective third party.
    It wasn't trying to be.
    10-30-13 03:16 PM
    I see that the emergency call icon is displayed. Are you in a poor signal area? That may be part of the reason for having issues, although having wi-fi should help.
    Yeah, I'm sure that's the problem.
    10-30-13 03:16 PM
    Love BBM but find many problems connecting to iOS contacts who basically have given up on it after a week.

20 million is just not enough. They needed to double their user base instantly to make any headway with it. Too bad because BBM to BBM is still amazing but BBM to xBBM is not as good.
    10-30-13 03:20 PM
    Sorry for this misleading title, no official sources here. I'm speaking of personal experience with android users going back to using whatsapp because of said issues.

My only hope is that they fix these issues soon and start adding the features people want asap.

Posted via CB10
    Understood -- perhaps a mod will change that for us.
    10-30-13 03:38 PM
    Love BBM but find many problems connecting to iOS contacts who basically have given up on it after a week.

20 million is just not enough. They needed to double their user base instantly to make any headway with it. Too bad because BBM to BBM is still amazing but BBM to xBBM is not as good.
    I would love to see some stats. Out of the 20M new users, how many are experiencing each one of the listed issue. Out of those how many are on the latest builds for their respective OS.

I don't see the same issues, I actually did not use WhatsApp at all and everyone on my list has migrated over to BBM. I have sent 0 WhatsApp messages and received a grand total of 2. We have a very active BBM Group with users from all 3 types devices and i can't tell the speed difference between a BB user or an iOS user getting the message. Conversations flow as normal.

As for the picture posted above, its self explanatory why you are getting an error. No Cell connectivity and very weak wifi signal, although i've only seen that error during a setup scenario and never once the application has been setup.

I agree with you on this: "- limited features, specifically with group vs whatsapp"
    Missing Video, Multiple pictures, and location sharing is a downside, however all these are available for individual conversations in BBM, so hopefully they get added as options to the groups.
    10-30-13 03:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    The folks I've turned on to BBM are more patient (I'd like to think) than to drop it at the sign of a single issue, or couple of issues. They're still onboard. Of course they've had no real issues other than the iOS update borking BBM by removing that font.

I told them the first few weeks will be a little rough as folks pile on to the service and bugs are found. They're cool with it. When I message them they reply. So there ya go.
    10-30-13 03:43 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000704.png 
Views:	854 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	215719

Posted via CB10
    It's because you don't have a signal.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    10-30-13 03:55 PM
    Yeah that screenshot shows I didn't have any cell reception but am on wifi so I did have data.

The weird thing is that I would get that screen when accessing a bbm msg from my hub, but when I open up the bbm app everything would be fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:25 PM
33 12