12-17-13 11:50 AM
29 12
tools
    Very frustrating. supposedly new messages wont come if BBM isn't open and in the tray but the dang S4 keeps closing the app and I have to keep reopening it. Anybody know how to keep it from shutting down? I have it on ios also and it stays running.
    10-25-13 09:31 PM
    hi, i have the same problem on my samsung s3 !

the icon keeps disappearing .. and the messages are delayed !!

i tried clearing data, uninstalling .. then reinstalling .. the issue is still there !

very annoying ...
    10-26-13 03:41 AM
    If you are rooted you will be able to give the app elevated permission to stay open or become resident so it doesnt get closed
    pkcable likes this.
    10-26-13 08:25 PM
    Notifcation icon disappears for a second or two but it again comes back. I hope RIM will fix the issue soon.
    10-27-13 12:33 AM
    Notifcation icon disappears for a second or two but it again comes back. I hope RIM will fix the issue soon.
    It has nothing to do with BlackBerry, it's the android OS that is closing the app. If the notification icon wasn't forced to be there then chances are the app wouldn't open again.
    10-27-13 01:56 AM
    It has nothing to do with BlackBerry, it's the android OS that is closing the app. If the notification icon wasn't forced to be there then chances are the app wouldn't open again.
    Bbm on android still seems to have some bugs.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    10-27-13 01:57 AM
    I hope BBM will fix this and using Google Cloud Messaging like whatsapp and facebook.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-and...ml#post9423340
    10-27-13 03:22 AM
    Bbm on android still seems to have some bugs.

It does have bugs but when the notification disappears and then reappears it means android has closed it down then reopened it.

BB doesn't have anything to do with this, it's the way android operates.
    10-27-13 08:44 AM
    It does have bugs but when the notification disappears and then reappears it means android has closed it down then reopened it.

BB doesn't have anything to do with this, it's the way android operates.
    Why android doenst do this with other apps. I have my hotspot shield always running and its icon never disappears.

10-27-13 08:46 AM
    Why android doenst do this with other apps. I have my hotspot shield always running and its icon never disappears.

It does do it will other apps but it depends on its ram usage, which at the minute bbm is a ram hog.

I imagine hotshot uses very little ram. Chances are you've gone back to your browser and it's had to reload the page completely? That's it closed down, if the notification wasn't there then that's what would happen to BBM meaning you'd lose notifications until you manually reopened it
    10-27-13 08:53 AM
    It does do it will other apps but it depends on its ram usage, which at the minute bbm is a ram hog.

I imagine hotshot uses very little ram. Chances are you've gone back to your browser and it's had to reload the page completely? That's it closed down, if the notification wasn't there then that's what would happen to BBM meaning you'd lose notifications until you manually reopened it
    So if bbk is using more ram that can also be because of a bug in the app.

10-27-13 08:55 AM
    So if bbk is using more ram that can also be because of a bug in the app.

Probably less of a bug and more so because it's the first release. It will slim down
    10-27-13 08:57 AM
    Probably less of a bug and more so because it's the first release. It will slim down
    Using more ram than needed is also a bug. So its first release there sre more chances the apo should have bugs.

10-27-13 08:58 AM
    Using more ram than needed is also a bug. So its first release there sre more chances the apo should have bugs.

I agree it has bugs and the ram usage is probably a problem but even if bb gave it bulimia and slimmed it right down it will still get killed by the OS if you use a few memory heavy apps

If you are rooted you can stop this from happening tho.
    10-27-13 09:02 AM

Then why do you blame the OS?

You just contradicted yourself.

This is only an excuse.

It could have been slim from the outset had they used GCM and Native UI toolkits instead of Cascades, which isn't so cute on Android and looks totally out of place.
    10-27-13 09:03 AM
    I agree it has bugs and the ram usage is probably a problem but even if bb gave it bulimia and slimmed it right down it will still get killed by the OS if you use a few memory heavy apps

If you are rooted you can stop this from happening tho.
    So now you agree ram usage is because of a bug.
    If it gets killed after its fixed that would mean app is instable. I have many apps that run in background and never get killed.

10-27-13 09:04 AM
    Then why do you blame the OS?

You just contradicted yourself.
    I'm not blaming the OS, I'm just describing how it works. If a task is memory intensive and then goes to the background it will be killed if the memory is needed elsewhere. It's not a bug it's how the OS works.

So now you agree ram usage is because of a bug.
    If it gets killed after its fixed that would mean app is instable. I have many apps that run in background and never get killed.

I'm not saying the ram usage is because of a bug, I have no idea why its ram usage is so high.

If it gets killed after a fix it's still got nothing to do with BB.

If it's that much of a problem, root your phone and elevate it's priority so it's not killed off.
    10-27-13 10:04 AM
    I'm not blaming the OS, I'm just describing how it works. If a task is memory intensive and then goes to the background it will be killed if the memory is needed elsewhere. It's not a bug it's how the OS works.

I'm not saying the ram usage is because of a bug, I have no idea why its ram usage is so high.

If it gets killed after a fix it's still got nothing to do with BB.

If it's that much of a problem, root your phone and elevate it's priority so it's not killed off.
    I uninstalled the app. Much easier solution.

Should have to root a phone for this.

No other app I've used has behaved this way.

LOL...

Welcome to the real world, where hacks aren't a solution.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-27-13 10:06 AM
    Oh and I never had an issue with that when I did use it. My issue was with undelivered messages and battery drain which rooting will and cannot fix.

Either way, terrible and negligent suggestion on your part.

10-27-13 10:08 AM

Lmao. "It's android not bbm" but "bbm is a ram hog" both said by you. Not trying to start anything it just ammused me.

And to op it is a bbm problem which should be fixed soon as it is kind of a big one.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:10 AM
    Lmao. "It's android not bbm" but "bbm is a ram hog" both said by you. Not trying to start anything it just ammused me.

And to op it is a bbm problem which should be fixed soon as it is kind of a big one.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah he completely contradicted himself. Tripping over his own words. Where do these people come from.

10-27-13 10:16 AM
    I wasn't arguing for or against anything. I was just describing that the OS was shutting down the app, in this case because it's a memory hog. Which like I said bb has zero control over, even if it debloated the app it could still be closed.

If I'm wrong as to why the app is closing down then restarting then feel free to correct me
    10-27-13 10:50 AM
    Same problem on nexus 4 running kitkat. Bbm closes and cannot restart. I have 1.2gb free ram out of 2gb total. Intermittently when the phone sleeps Bbm shutdown and the icon disappears and won't restart. No reason to close it with so much free ram? Reinstalled Bbm but still happens.
    12-07-13 12:41 AM
    Noticed it happens on Saturdays twice in a row on nexus 4. The whole day Bbm icon will close when device sleeps. Is Google pushing some updates for kit Kat? Or Bbm server maintenance?
    12-07-13 01:29 AM
    As I mentioned in the other thread, on my Nexus 5 with 4.4 Android the problem of notification dying when going to sleep started with the BBM update a few weeks ago. Had the problem consistently since then.

However, I just sideloaded 4.4.1 yesterday and the problem has gone away. I'm not sure why/how it's working now, but since sideloading I haven't once had an issue with BBM notification dropping on me.
    12-07-13 12:27 PM
29 12