If you are rooted you will be able to give the app elevated permission to stay open or become resident so it doesnt get closed
    Go on... how would one do this?
    12-09-13 02:54 PM
    Thanks to OP for opening thread. Watching along on the discussion as I have the same problem.
    12-11-13 07:43 PM
    Go on... how would one do this?
    Android Tuner allows you to exclude an app from being killed by a task killer (unless it's really really needed).

The xposed installer allows a module (can't fully remember the name) per app settings which allows you include the app as a resident app which pretty much stops it from being killed all together.
    pdrsantos and anon(823957) like this.
    12-12-13 11:38 AM
    Hopefully this can help a few of you out - Since moving to 4.4.x, my "connected" icon has not been working properly.

I have a habit of going to the "recent apps" list, and swiping them all away, including BBM. I have stopped doing this and have tried leaving BBM in the recent lists, and I can confirm that the icon is remaining intact for hours at a time. I am no longer experiencing the lagged notification or influx of missed messages when I open the app.
    12-17-13 11:50 AM
29 12