03-25-14 08:09 PM
40 12
tools
    Stickers and 16 MB file share limit aren't enough for me to compensate with the advertising. BlackBerry should really spare BB10 - BlackBerry users from the advertising. I don't know how intervening they would be, but the whole idea is just a turn off. What's left for us BB10 users in BBM thats special to us? Other than video calling/screen sharing. I haven't used either in the past 12 months I have had the phone.
    03-25-14 01:51 PM
    Yes, I will.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 01:53 PM
    Certainly, when it's available.
    03-25-14 01:54 PM
    For what I use BBM for and the amount of time I use it, from what I've seen the advertisements won't be all that bothersome.
    For the few MB more it'll be worth it to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:01 PM
    Nope. They have turned one of my favorite apps into a clown car.

My new smashed Mini C0031C543 and a little bit of cross-country riding C00339A43.
    03-25-14 02:05 PM
    Nope. They have turned one of my favorite apps into a clown car.

My new smashed Mini C0031C543 and a little bit of cross-country riding C00339A43.
    LOOOL
    03-25-14 02:35 PM
    Will the advertisements be restricted to channels, or will they be visible in ordinary BBM chat?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:41 PM
    Will the advertisements be restricted to channels, or will they be visible in ordinary BBM chat?

Posted via CB10
    From the front page post: "The sponsored content will never invade your chats or channels — so you'll still have a pure chat experience — and you can essentially choose what you do or don't want to see."
    Oddsocket, vrud and JTon like this.
    03-25-14 02:48 PM
    He'll yes.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:49 PM
    Stickers and 16 MB file share limit aren't enough for me to compensate with the advertising. BlackBerry should really spare BB10 - BlackBerry users from the advertising. I don't know how intervening they would be, but the whole idea is just a turn off. What's left for us BB10 users in BBM thats special to us? Other than video calling/screen sharing. I haven't used either in the past 12 months I have had the phone.
    They won't be android like pop ups! And they definitely won't come up in ur chats! So I don't think there should be a problem...stop whining so much and start appreciating the fact that the company is updating bbm and the BB10 os on a regular basis!

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-25-14 03:19 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:22 PM
    I'll most definitely be upgrading. Why wouldn't I? The 'advertising' that will be available, will strictly be when you go within the Channels section. And all that will show are promoted companies. Once you go into the channels you follow, you won't see any "ads", or when you are BBM'ing with people, you won't see anything. In fact, if you don't go into the Channels section at all, you won't see anything. Makes no sense why people wouldn't upgrade. I guess you can't please everyone....however, It's frustrating when people complain about something they don't fully understand. If you're gona complain about something, make sure you understand it and know it completely. If you don't you just look like a fool.
    03-25-14 03:25 PM
    Yes, I will

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:33 PM
    Yes.

From reading through how ads will be implemented, I think people are overreacting.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:34 PM
    Hells no. I don't use channels and I surely don't want to see ads. File transfer of 16mg is of no importance to me.
    03-25-14 03:35 PM
    I'm updating soon as it comes out.
    03-25-14 03:35 PM
    I'm already a Beta testing user and the ads are not intrusive at all. Will be updating 100% as should you all I suggest...
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-25-14 03:42 PM
    Why wouldn't anyone??? If you don't like stickers, don't use them. Hopefully your contacts are as "mature" and rigid as you will not use them either so you will never see them.

As for the sponsored channels, and updates. They are hardly noticeable, and definitely much more tasteful than those horrid Google Ad banners you see on so many "free" apps. In fact, since many users probably don't engage much in BBM channels, the targeted sponsored invites might wet peak their interest in Channels and what else they can find there.

This is without even going into the increased file transfer size, and picture sharing enhancements.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:43 PM
    From the front page post: "The sponsored content will never invade your chats or channels so you'll still have a pure chat experience and you can essentially choose what you do or don't want to see."
    Thanks. I normally just read forums on CB, so missed that.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:55 PM
    I will, only stickers are not needed.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:57 PM
    Someone clearly hasn't seen how the "Advertisement" works on BBM. It's really not invasive in any way. They come up randomly, I believe 3 times a month and then you get rid of it and it never shows up again. Try it out before you decide it's the end of the world. I honestly forgot about it while using the beta.
    jaydee5799 and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    03-25-14 04:05 PM
    I am a beta tester for the new BBM. And I can say that the advertising is few and far between. Hardly noticeable. I have been running the last beta for over a week (I believe its been that long for this near-release candidate) and I have seen only 2 advertisements. And those advertisements were to join two different channels. That's all. It's not like you think.

I think you should give it a chance before you dismiss it.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-25-14 04:52 PM
    I am going to upgrade although I do not like the idea of have advertising so soon. I would of waited to implement once I had over 200 million users and Bbm was closing the gap with whatsapp. I do not use any other im services, but if they do not have advertising yet they definitely will. Even instagram is testing advertising. I also I believe they should include every platform bb,ios,android,win in advertising. BlackBerry owns Bbm, but they treating like a separate part of the company. We need to face the facts bbm is not exclusive to BlackBerry anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 04:55 PM
    Of course I'm on the beta

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 04:58 PM
    And like the a poster stated it's hardly noticeable, I had since release and only seen maybe 2 since the beta so you won't notice it @ all

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 05:00 PM
40 12