One of my favourite features of BBM is the use of the Glympse feature. When the last update first came out, I started using it consistently only to receive the same feedback... it shows your start location but doesn't update. Based on the number of threads that popped up after a search, it seems I'm not the only BB10 user to have suffered the same fate (and been told by friends 'see, BBM/BlackBerry are stupid' as a result).

Well after some trial and error and reading various threads, I finally realized that in order for the Glympse feature to work, the BBM app must be open and remain open as an active frame for the entire time. For someone like myself who does the majority of my BBM messaging directly from the hub, this has been a bit of a pain as I have to leave the hub and open BBM if I want to use the Glympse feature properly. I'm no expert in app design, but my basic understanding is that if BBM was designed to run as a headless app in the background whenever the Glympse feature has been activated from either the app or from the Hub, the problem most users are having would be solved. So my questions are, 1: Would reworking BBM so the use of Glympse triggers it to run as a headless app solve the problem that users are having and 2: Does anyone know if this is part of the planned upgrades for whatever the BlackBerry version of the new BBM 2.2 release will be called that's coming in a few weeks?
    05-31-14 06:22 AM
    Good points... Lets hope this gets addressed.

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    05-31-14 06:25 AM
    Agreed, hopefully this is fixed.
    05-31-14 02:37 PM
    Need this to get fixed, is this happening everywhere or is it limited to certain locations? I'm in the southeastern US.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 02:18 AM