I know users on Android and iOS will have just the basics of bbm when it's launched but i would like to know if they will be able to upgrade to the latest betazone BBM which includes BBM channels just like we on blackberry10 have as of now, since bbm channels isn't officially out. Thanks
    09-06-13 07:06 PM
    I believe they will have access to channels. They won't have screen share or BBM video at launch.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 07:33 PM
    Channels are not included within BBM for Android or iOS currently and there is no real indication they will be. It's an assumed for the future addition based on no real valid information aside from it being an 'obvious addition to the services'

tl;dr: Don't count on channels being made available any time soon unless something changes.
    09-06-13 07:36 PM
    I'm just excited to use all of the functionality of BBM again. I have a Q10 but I don't know anyone else that has a BlackBerry!!! And I'm a law student!

Posted via my Q10.
    09-06-13 07:37 PM
    Wondering when BBM will be more customizable [colors, backgrounds, chat formats, etc], have more emoticons offered, maybe a long press feature to insert more than 1 emoticon at a time without the keyboard poping up each time, etc. Many droid, iOS users will likely look for these types of things, no?
    09-06-13 07:47 PM
    Wondering when BBM will be more customizable [colors, backgrounds, chat formats, etc], have more emoticons offered, maybe a long press feature to insert more than 1 emoticon at a time without the keyboard poping up each time, etc. Many droid, iOS users will likely look for these types of things, no?
    I think that's a good idea but first priority should be releasing the app and fixing any/all bugs. From that point they can start to improve the app.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 08:08 PM
    Channels are not included within BBM for Android or iOS currently and there is no real indication they will be. It's an assumed for the future addition based on no real valid information aside from it being an 'obvious addition to the services'

tl;dr: Don't count on channels being made available any time soon unless something changes.
    I know it will not be included but can they get it through betazone like we on blackberry10 are getting it? I guess they will creating a BBID to start using the app...
    09-06-13 10:02 PM