I got friends of mine I know would use the video option if it was available on BBM cross platform. Americans just don't understand BlackBerry and who started all this. It would give a great selling point to all the face time people and also give them a reason to download it and try it.

Please don't suggest BBM meetings My friend ordered it and you want to talk about confusing. He had BBM support for his purchase and they couldn't get it to work.
    Has any of you read the 5 emails you get for a BBM meeting on how to set it up. Take this code to your cart...wtf.

Where is cross platform video and can anyone answer why why why it's not cross platform? Works great BlackBerry to BlackBerry.

If it was my guess I blame Apple haha

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red on 10.3
    Agatonga and gugomat like this.
    07-22-15 08:19 AM
    Use zoom as alternative
    BlackBerry use zoom technology anyway
    Why no video cross platform? It would increase user base for BBM-img_20150722_212305.png

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    baspeed likes this.
    07-22-15 08:23 AM
    Doesn't really help BBM but thanks I will look into the zoom. If he could get his BBM meeting to work then we wouldn't have to. He's using an iPhone by the way. Who knows

Use zoom as alternative
    BlackBerry use zoom technology anyway
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150722_212305.png 
Views:	2472 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	363666

07-22-15 08:25 AM
    Doesn't really help BBM but thanks I will look into the zoom. If he could get his BBM meeting to work then we wouldn't have to. He's using an iPhone by the way. Who knows

Zoom all platform, pc android and iPhone

07-22-15 08:27 AM
    I'm with u too!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 12:38 PM
    Hope Zoom worked for you. I got the Meetings to work and it does really well. I did think the sign up process was a little cumbersome as it is not explained really good when you purchase it. Once the emails came the next day it went smoother. It uses the Zoom technology though and has worked great for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 01:42 AM
    If BBM Video uses Zoom tech, I wonder why they don't support x-platform BBM-Video? I wonder if it is a licensing issue? My wife is trying to get me to buy an iphone so I can video chat with the kids when I am on the road. Currently we use skype, but a little cumbersome. I doubt I am going to be able to convince her to install another app. BBM, and Skype were enough of a hassle for her.
    08-20-15 11:48 AM
    Having BBM Video would be awesome! And yeah! I don't understand why they haven't done it! Yet their doing android..

Posted via CB10 with my White Z10
    11-16-15 05:37 AM
    My wife was upset I didn't get an iphone when I got my Priv. Only reason was facetime. We use BBM all the time, so if video was added, problem solved. I will would guess that video is being worked on for both iPhone and Android, and it is only a matter of time.
    11-16-15 06:07 AM
    I agree, so many people I know have gone to Apple and the main reason was FaceTime.
    It's a no brainer if they want BBM to improve its user base.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 06:31 AM
    It's so sad that tyw just said bbm video on android has been submitted to bbm team as feedback.... and here every android bbm user wants it no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 01:31 AM
    XBBM video is just another of the clearly broken commitments on Chen's watch.

And to all of the Chen defenders whose argument was "... BBM Meetings is the answer"... well how's that looking for you with the cancellation of BBM Meetings in Feb '16?

Prediction -> BBM will fall to the scrap heap of history soon after BB10.

BlackBerry 2015 = Defeat stolen from the jaws of victory.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 04:53 AM
    Zoom is the answer for cross platform video. Blackberry should have kept that partnership, but that's a business issue.

Use Zoom.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    01-08-16 08:40 AM
    The zoom is a solution for meetings, not for talking to my wife and kids when away on business.
    01-08-16 09:16 AM
    I heard they basically dismantled the BBM team. John Chen does not care

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 03:37 PM
    I heard they basically dismantled the BBM team. John Chen does not care

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any source for this? I have been googling around, but can't seem to find anything.
    01-15-16 12:54 PM
    BBM is headed in the same direction as the playbook

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 11:11 AM
    Gary klassen has left the company.. that should be enough of a hint as to the future of Bbm.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 05:43 PM
    It's in beta now, check it out

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 07:16 PM
    I hope that they can cross platform, this should have been done years ago. Their future would have been so different, would have possibly kept Line and whatsapp from becoming something big.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 07:51 PM
    I hope that they can cross platform, this should have been done years ago. Their future would have been so different, would have possibly kept Line and whatsapp from becoming something big.

Posted via CB10
    It was promised years ago. I, for one, convinced no less than a dozen iOS users to try it, in part based on Chen's promise.

His failure to follow through was hard to explain.
    05-04-16 08:14 PM
    It was promised years ago. I, for one, convinced no less than a dozen iOS users to try it, in part based on Chen's promise.

His failure to follow through was hard to explain.
    Yes, I can understand the feeling. I haven't recommended BBM to anyone in a long while (few exceptions here and there). But I might try to do a more intense campaign when BBM Video is working between Android, iOS and BlackBerry 10! Especially if WhatsApp video is still awhile off
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    05-05-16 10:09 AM
    BBM Video Cross Plattform just went online for Mid- Europe. Video Call from BBRY to Android works and also the other way around
    06-15-16 04:19 AM
    "BBM Video Cross Platform just went online for Mid- Europe. Video Call from BBRY to Android works and also the other way around."

This is very interesting. Did anyone hear an announcement about this (TRUE cross platform video calling)? If so, when is it supposed to go global (or at least come to North America)?
    06-15-16 08:13 AM
    That would be nice. I just got a friend to download bbm simply because his controlling girlfriend doesn't want him to have anything but an iPhone so she knows when he reads her messages. He wants an android lol. We tested the video calling between android and iPhone and it works good. Haven't tried it between android and bb10 for a good while

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    06-15-16 08:48 AM
29 12