was using bbm on my Z10 but decided to try bbm on my iphone (which logs me out of BBM on my z10 and in theory transfers my group chat/photos to my iphone). thing is i prefer using bbm on my z10 so i restarted bbm on the z10 and my contacts and the 1 group i have setup reappear as expected. however, many group photos and various comments in the group chat are not being repopulated (ie missing). i left the z10 overnight thinking it takes time for bbm to repopulate but various group comments/photos are still missing!

how do i force bmm to repopulate all recent photos (i know its limited to 80pics or so) and group comments.

it has nothing to do with chat history cause i'm only talking about group chat which it saved on bbm system.

thanks for you help
    09-18-15 08:14 AM
    I have a theory that group chats are not saved to any cloud. From my experience, the group chat is cached on each of the group members BBM locally... If one person wipes out their BBM, the group membership is maintained with the BBID BUT the content is then duplicated from another members' local BBM cache. That is why it seems to take time, it needs to wait for the other members to have connectivity before repopulating your group content...

This could be easily tested with a small group and airplane mode but for now is just a theory..

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 11:03 PM