Sorry, that was mean. I just think you're way out there with that claim.

Posted via CB10
    No need to apologise to anyone just edit your post and it'll be all good

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:34 AM
    Whatever problems BBM may have, it's too late to fix them. People try a messaging app for, at most, a week before moving along. Or going back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-18-14 02:51 AM
    There are far more problems with BBM on iOS than simply being put into suspend mode.

I have evidence of messages being received and responded to yet never showing delivery notification. I know because I've had running conversations yet messages don't even show the D.

It is a well documented problem on many threads. It is BlackBerry's problem and BlackBerry Needs to fix it...shouldn't have released the app until then.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    01-18-14 03:36 AM
    There are far more problems with BBM on iOS than simply being put into suspend mode.

I have evidence of messages being received and responded to yet never showing delivery notification. I know because I've had running conversations yet messages don't even show the D.

It is a well documented problem on many threads. It is BlackBerry's problem and BlackBerry Needs to fix it...shouldn't have released the app until then.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    How often does that happen?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 05:05 AM
    I have unlimited texting. Texting really blows. First off, international texting isn't free/included under mine or most plans. Secondly, sms won't display special characters like �, �, �, & �. Talk about antiquated!
    01-18-14 07:07 AM
    I have unlimited texting. Texting really blows. First off, international texting isn't free/included under mine or most plans. Secondly, sms won't display special characters like �, �, �, & �. Talk about antiquated!
    No one uses text anymore, really it's 2014, if someone uses text here people will laugh at him, text was so before BlackBerrys became famous.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 08:17 AM
    No one uses text anymore, really it's 2014, if someone uses text here people will laugh at him, text was so before BlackBerrys became famous.

Posted via CB10
    Messaging apps didn't really began to start encroaching on SMS usage until after BB started faltering. Remember BBM was BB-exclusive until a few months ago so it's impossible for Blackberry to be a factor in whether or not texting is used, since they have never had a massive amount of users, anyways, and they're losing subscribers.

A lot of people still use texting. It's the great common denominator and in some markets the Unlimited SMS packages are packaged with the plans in such a way that you actually have to put in a bit of work to not take it.

All Family Share Plans are Unlimited. Unlimited Mobile to Mobile on classic AT&T plans was bundled into the Unlimited SMS/MMS package. It was similar on other carriers, unless they had an all you can eat plan like Sprint.
    bbhuh likes this.
    01-18-14 01:15 PM
    anybody ever had the suspicion that apple does this on purpose? just sayin.
    01-18-14 01:22 PM
    Other IM apps have same issues in iOS. Apple only let's you do so much. They own you. You worship them. You pay them big $$ and they control you for your investment.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    01-18-14 04:08 PM
    Anyone who is embarrassed with using sms or any messaging application should take a good hard look at themselves.
    01-18-14 04:58 PM
    anybody ever had the suspicion that apple does this on purpose? just sayin.
    Yes... I have that very sneaking suspicion.

Still... this us something BlackBerry should have researched before releasing BBM cross platform. There is no excuse for not doing the very same research that is now occurring with experts across these forums.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    01-18-14 05:36 PM
    Messaging apps didn't really began to start encroaching on SMS usage until after BB started faltering. Remember BBM was BB-exclusive until a few months ago so it's impossible for Blackberry to be a factor in whether or not texting is used, since they have never had a massive amount of users, anyways, and they're losing subscribers.

A lot of people still use texting. It's the great common denominator and in some markets the Unlimited SMS packages are packaged with the plans in such a way that you actually have to put in a bit of work to not take it.

All Family Share Plans are Unlimited. Unlimited Mobile to Mobile on classic AT&T plans was bundled into the Unlimited SMS/MMS package. It was similar on other carriers, unless they had an all you can eat plan like Sprint.
    They never had a massive amount of users? Do you have numbers?

Yes I have unlimited texting but the last time I sent a text was in 2011

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:17 AM
    Anyone who is embarrassed with using sms or any messaging application should take a good hard look at themselves.
    No one said anyone is embarrassed, don't start making up stuff, all I meant was people who use text are old school, I mean text just can't be compared to IM apps, they're extremely unreliable.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:20 AM
    My BBM hasn't been reliable all day. I'm receiving messages from my friend on her iPhone 5s, but my Q10 isn't sending anything back. All I get is a red box with the X in it. I'm on my official software from AT&T, BBM is up to date on both phones, and I tried restarting BBM and my phone.

It is a legitament problem. Things like this should just work.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    I used to have this problem once in a while & it is usually due to network problems, so the way to resolve it is to switch network between 2G to 3G or even wifi & the messages will just flow through. Try it. I hope it will work for you.

Most importantly at least you know that the messages are not going out unlike some other messaging app you have no idea that it is not going out or it is not being received at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 02:28 AM
    They never had a massive amount of users? Do you have numbers?

Yes I have unlimited texting but the last time I sent a text was in 2011

Posted via CB10
    Where are you from? In the United States nobody uses any of these other messaging platforms other than stuff like Snapchat. Like I said in the original post imessage is used because it is unavoidable when using the iPhone. Other than that texting reigns supreme in the US. Everyone has unlimited texting and the features of any of the message platforms don't cause mass migrations to them. Not to mention everyone doesn't have a smart phone, but you can still text to a dumb phone. On a side note I suspect facebook messenger is more popular than whatsapp, bbm, kik, all combined in the US.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:18 PM
    Where are you from? In the United States nobody uses any of these other messaging platforms other than stuff like Snapchat. Like I said in the original post imessage is used because it is unavoidable when using the iPhone. Other than that texting reigns supreme in the US. Everyone has unlimited texting and the features of any of the message platforms don't cause mass migrations to them. Not to mention everyone doesn't have a smart phone, but you can still text to a dumb phone. On a side note I suspect facebook messenger is more popular than whatsapp, bbm, kik, all combined in the US.

Posted via CB10
    Middle East, features don't cause mass migration? Why use text when you can use whatsapp or BBM with display pictures, personal message and lots of other features that are actually more social.

Yeah I think I agree with you on the Facebook messenger.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 03:03 AM
    On a side note I suspect facebook messenger is more popular than whatsapp, bbm, kik, all combined in the US.

Posted via CB10
    This is most likely true.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-21-14 04:57 AM
    Middle East, features don't cause mass migration? Why use text when you can use whatsapp or BBM with display pictures, personal message and lots of other features that are actually more social.

Yeah I think I agree with you on the Facebook messenger.

Posted via CB10
    Because people use texting apps to text and SMS apps have display pictures now. They use the images from your contact list. Also, MMS supports group messaging, media transfer, and naming conversation.

And no offense, but there are much more social messengers than BBM on the market these days. WhatsApp doesn't offer anything SMS/MMS doesn't offer. It was designed that way. SMS has delivery reports, too, before that's bought up.

It is older tech, but it has not stood still. The better your MMS client, the better the experience. Couple that with other improvements like Emoji built into the keyboards on modern smartphones etc. and it does make these data messengers feel redundant.

Get better battery life without them, too.

P. S. Replying is broken from apps, so make sure you double check what you're quoting. Just almost replied to a post about an 8800 when I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist in this thread (has James Falconer) even posted in this thread?!

01-21-14 05:02 AM
    No one said anyone is embarrassed, don't start making up stuff, all I meant was people who use text are old school, I mean text just can't be compared to IM apps, they're extremely unreliable.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough, but was there ever a need to suggest that people are being laughed at due to their way of communicating? Seems quite childish if you know anyone like that.

If someone is being laughed at, a common response is of embarassment . Personally, there is nothing funny about using sms.

On another note...
    it seems to be the catch cry of Imessage users that integrating sms and Imessage was a smart thing.

If it such 'old school' tech, messaging platforms shouldn't have to worry about integrating it and I'm fine with bbm keeping it separate.
    01-21-14 05:19 AM
    Because people use texting apps to text and SMS apps have display pictures now. They use the images from your contact list. Also, MMS supports group messaging, media transfer, and naming conversation.

And no offense, but there are much more social messengers than BBM on the market these days. WhatsApp doesn't offer anything SMS/MMS doesn't offer. It was designed that way. SMS has delivery reports, too, before that's bought up.

It is older tech, but it has not stood still. The better your MMS client, the better the experience. Couple that with other improvements like Emoji built into the keyboards on modern smartphones etc. and it does make these data messengers feel redundant.

Get better battery life without them, too.

P. S. Replying is broken from apps, so make sure you double check what you're quoting. Just almost replied to a post about an 8800 when I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist in this thread (has James Falconer) even posted in this thread?!

Ok lets say what you said is all true, what about reliability and speed? Specially in times like holidays.

In holidays and special occasions, SMS use to get lost a lot in between contacts and never arrive, also the fact that it's limited to 160 characters per SMS...etc

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 06:39 AM
    Fair enough, but was there ever a need to suggest that people are being laughed at due to their way of communicating? Seems quite childish if you know anyone like that.

If someone is being laughed at, a common response is of embarassment . Personally, there is nothing funny about using sms.

On another note...
    it seems to be the catch cry of Imessage users that integrating sms and Imessage was a smart thing.

If it such 'old school' tech, messaging platforms shouldn't have to worry about integrating it and I'm fine with bbm keeping it separate.
    I said "laughed at" as a way of expression, my bad, should have picked my words better.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 06:40 AM
    Ok lets say what you said is all true, what about reliability and speed? Specially in times like holidays.

In holidays and special occasions, SMS use to get lost a lot in between contacts and never arrive, also the fact that it's limited to 160 characters per SMS...etc

Posted via CB10
    Unless your coverage is bad speed is fine. All my SMS sends instantly. Never had reliability issues with SMS, unless the cell network was having an issue - overload or down. At that point Facebook works fine (though most people I know do not text Happy New Years, they status update - I haven't had someone text that to me since 2004 or 5).

SMS character limit isn't an issue. Any decent phone on a decent carrier converts to MMS and delivers as one message unless the person disables it in their settings.

Given my experiences with BBM I cannot say it is an example of what reliability should be. These forums speak for themselves.

Last edited by n8ter#AC; 01-21-14 at 06:55 AM.
    01-21-14 06:45 AM
    Unless your coverage is bad speed is fine. All my SMS sends instantly. Never had reliability issues with SMS, unless the cell network was having an issue - overload or down. At that point Facebook works fine (though most people I know do not text Happy New Years, they status update - I haven't had someone text that to me since 2004 or 5).

SMS character limit isn't an issue. Any decent phone on a decent carrier converts to MMS and delivers as one message unless the person disables it in their settings.

Given my experiences with BBM I cannot say it is an example of what reliability should be. These forums speak for themselves.

Lets not go into BBM and reliability since we both have extremely different opinions about that.

So can you say that IM apps speed is equivalent to SMS speed? because that's not the case, at least in this part of the world but maybe it's different where you live.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 08:02 AM
    I keep thinking that the push in the back of bbm will come with call on other platforms

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 08:09 AM
    Lets not go into BBM and reliability since we both have extremely different opinions about that.

So can you say that IM apps speed is equivalent to SMS speed? because that's not the case, at least in this part of the world but maybe it's different where you live.

Posted via CB10
    That is the thread subject

I think we are both aware that we're both giving experiences from different regions and carriers.

01-21-14 11:15 AM
151 ... 23456 ...